The Official Tiger Woods Thread

If the student doesn't want to listen then I don't care if you are freak'n Moses, the fixes are not going to work. TW has always had one glaring flaw and that is getting stuck. He had it as a junior, with butch, Haney and foley. And he still has it with Chris.

He also wants to swing the way he wants with in their methods bit knows nothung about the swing. Donr confuse that with knowing how to play the game or feel. He knows both and this is the only reason he still hits some great shots.

The teachers know their stuff but are afraid to say boo for fear of the wrath. TW doesn't know how to trust which is odd considering he is the one that has violated trust. He trusted butch and Haney because a bad round was a 73 and that happened so infrequently that he could do nothing but trust. I'm not sure what happened with Foley. He won 5 times with that swing but then signed off. I see chris standing in the shadows on the range and needs to be hands on. But TW rules his world and the rest just make sure he is happy.

Reps
Trust
Reps

The swing is there, learning to play golf with it required trust. Only TW can control that. So far everyine that has weighed in on yesterday's swing has been spot on from a professional stand point.
I agree on the fact he has to either commit to the new swing, or don't commit to it and do it his way, cause he now looks like he tries a bit of everything off the tee. But you perfectly stated my thoughts on the whole situation: "The teachers know their stuff but are afraid to say boo for fear of the wrath." TW already has enough yes-men. They need to make him commit or quit. Como should have the cojones to speak up and push the facts in his face; your game is in pieces and you need to listen!

I know it's not an easy thing to say to someone who many consider to be the greatest player to roam the planet, but I think it's in his best interest as well. As long as he's winning, there's no issue. But when he plays like he does over the last two years, it rubs off on them as well. I think Foley's stock has gone done just as much as TW's did, even though, as you rightfully pointed out, Woods was on fire in 2013 with that swing. But people tend to remember the bad stuff that came after that...

I don't know how on earth Tiger can stand back, look at what's going on with his game, and actually believe he's on the right track.
More reps? That doesn't do squat when you have no confidence or control.

Wake up Eldrick. Your way just doesn't work anymore...its time to try something different.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I love how everyone who is writing Tiger off for good acts like he's the first person to ever lose his swing.

He's beyond rich and famous..........with nobody to turn to.

Who will he let in to shell? Who will get through? Forget golf. There is no "Tiger".

Until he let's go and learns to be a real person he will struggle. But I think he's going to have to be beaten down a lot more before that happens.

Golf is bigger than Tiger. Every generation has had its star, and the game goes on as each of them have dropped off. Tiger is done. He might win again, but it won't be a major. Game over.

I can't believe you haven't taken grief over this! You are 100% correct, he's done.

If he wins again but it's not a major then that's not game over. That's a fantastic success story. I see him overcoming this and winning again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree on the fact he has to either commit to the new swing, or don't commit to it and do it his way, cause he now looks like he tries a bit of everything off the tee. But you perfectly stated my thoughts on the whole situation: "The teachers know their stuff but are afraid to say boo for fear of the wrath." TW already has enough yes-men. They need to make him commit or quit. Como should have the cojones to speak up and push the facts in his face; your game is in pieces and you need to listen!

I know it's not an easy thing to say to someone who many consider to be the greatest player to roam the planet, but I think it's in his best interest as well. As long as he's winning, there's no issue. But when he plays like he does over the last two years, it rubs off on them as well. I think Foley's stock has gone done just as much as TW's did, even though, as you rightfully pointed out, Woods was on fire in 2013 with that swing. But people tend to remember the bad stuff that came after that...
This isn't a Foley conversation. Foley took Justin Rose to a level he never imagined. A level that Ledbetter and Brewer couldn't get out of him. Are they failures because they couldn't bring out his best? He didn't work for TW but he is an excellent instructor.

But I'll be honest, I think the failures we have seen are just as much to do with TW as they are with those around him. Can't through all this on Foley. TW left Fluff, Butch, haney, Williams, foley.....I'm sure we will add to the list.

If he wins again but it's not a major then that's not game over. That's a fantastic success story. I see him overcoming this and winning again.

he is closing to retiring than he is winning, I am not sure he could win the South Florida Open

Is that event still around. That was my first event after college
he is closing to retiring than he is winning, I am not sure he could win the South Florida Open

Is that event still around. That was my first event after college

yep it was last month at "Club at Renaissance" -13 won it (3 rounds)...not sure Tiger has that score in him

This isn't a Foley conversation. Foley took Justin Rose to a level he never imagined. A level that Ledbetter and Brewer couldn't get out of him. Are they failures because they couldn't bring out his best? He didn't work for TW but he is an excellent instructor.

But I'll be honest, I think the failures we have seen are just as much to do with TW as they are with those around him. Can't through all this on Foley. TW left Fluff, Butch, haney, Williams, foley.....I'm sure we will add to the list.

Foley definitely helped Rose a ton, that kid has elevated his game to his true potential, I'm not sure why it didn't work with Tiger other than the natural athlete in Tiger was way too quick for the cerebral swing Sean and he were working on, it just looked uncomfortable for him. Tiger will sort all of this out I'm sure, he's certainly hit a bottom he probably never expected to see.

When is Tiger's next tournament? Greenbrier?

It has worked for Rose. Some might say it worked for Mahan. It didnt work for O'Hair (some might say) and didn't work for Tiger (and a few others too). Square peg round hole...Im not a huge fan of teachers that work that way.

It has worked for Rose. Some might say it worked for Mahan. It didnt work for O'Hair (some might say) and didn't work for Tiger. Square peg round hole...Im not a huge fan of teachers that work that way.
Most of the greats had to learn this the hard way. Lead lost his top guys for a time same with Mclean. Butch has always been steady. Having hung with Foley and seeing how he belive his own hype, I don't see him changing anytime soon. That's a same because he is filled with a wealth of info. Adapt those theories to fit a broader scope of players.

I think Tiger needs a real life Bagger vance to come along and help him find his way again.

When is Tiger's next tournament? Greenbrier?
Yes the tight tree lines Greenbrier. If I were TW, I get a Manny (male nanny, no temptation) grab the kids and play the rest of the summer through the PGA. If he needs reps and needs his world. Bring the world and go play. Leave Chris in Texas and just play. At the end of the summer, live with what you found or didn't find.

Yes the tight tree lines Greenbrier. If I were TW, I get a Manny (male nanny, no temptation) grab the kids and play the rest of the summer through the PGA. If he needs reps and needs his world. Bring the world and go play. Leave Chris in Texas and just play. At the end of the summer, live with what you found or didn't find.
If I was Tiger, lived in Florida, I would have called a Panda for help. But that's just me.

Did you drink too much last night. You know that was a movie, right :alien:
I think Tiger needs a real life Bagger vance to come along and help him find his way again.

yep it was last month at "Club at Renaissance" -13 won it (3 rounds)...not sure Tiger has that score in him

-13 is a solid score!
You are right at this point in time

I just don't get the foley hate. and I also don't get comparing foley to Harmon or even Haney, just as I don think it will be fair to compare Como to any of them. tiger physically and mentally isn't how he was with Harmon or Haney. his body is damaged, his confidence is damaged, and he has children and probably other commitments that are more important to him than being the best. priorities change as we get older, not to mention what Father Time and injuries do to us.

if the rest of this year plays out like the first part, I think retirement is a real possibility.

Foley will inevitably get the backlash since Tiger's game starting failing with him. I agree there maybe isn't a true correlation there.

I just get a headache when I try to read a Foley lesson. "Feel like you're stepping on a tomato" has been used.

If I was Tiger, lived in Florida, I would have called a Panda for help. But that's just me.

This ^^^^^^ and maybe play the old/new course at Grand Cypress. Maybe he could hit a fairway or two there.

Back