Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

At this point it is going to be an all #THPLegacy trip for me, I already have another family vacation planned so I am coming to Myrtle to strictly win!

How did people get two sets of clubs home?

Southwest lets you take 2 bags free. Pack light.

KC event wraps up on July 11th and Legacy starts on the 23rd, right? Are you staying in KC for an extra week?

You know, I've had it in my head for the past month or so that KC was the weekend before the Legacy. Whoops. Guess I can stop thinking that now.

EDIT: I know what shipsticks charges, does anyone know what fedex charges to ship golf clubs? I can't get their stupid website to work.

~Rock

Seems like at least one or more team practice rounds will be in order in the day or two before we start... curious if people are planning on bringing spouses or are people going on a strictly Legacy business trip?

I'll be driving down alone, and just need to point to McIlroy for my wife to understand. No time for any distractions other than the task at hand.

Ofcourse...it's going to cost me a cruise in November already which I've already negotiated this morning.

I'll be driving down alone, and just need to point to McIlroy for my wife to understand. No time for any distractions other than the task at hand.

Ofcourse...it's going to cost me a cruise in November already which I've already negotiated this morning.

smart man. I know how those conversations go.

~Rock

So, when people talk about practice rounds, are they thinking 18 at True Blue and 18 at Caledonia on Thursday, or are they thinking 18 on Wednesday and 18 on Thursday?

~Rock

So, when people talk about practice rounds, are they thinking 18 at True Blue and 18 at Caledonia on Thursday, or are they thinking 18 on Wednesday and 18 on Thursday?

~Rock

I think in the last 2 years Ive seen more people play 36 on thurs than I have 18 on wed and 18 on thursday but that will all come down to arrival date etc

EDIT: I know what shipsticks charges, does anyone know what fedex charges to ship golf clubs? I can't get their stupid website to work.

~Rock

I think FedEx is around $50 each way...I shipped mine a couple years ago through them and vaguely remember that price

I'm planning on a Wednesday PM or Thursday early arrival. Will definitely try to get in at least one full practice round, if not one on each course.

Clubs are definitely coming with me. Will figure out the shipping options for the return trip later.

Last edited:
That's a great video :)

Those who wonder about rounds before the event...play those courses as much as you can, they ARE awesome. 36 in a day is a a privilege, not a challenge :)

I believe there's an instructional video out there that MikeDean did a couple years ago about how to effectively pack a full staff bag.

I was pretty much a lurker when that originally happened. I laughed my @ss off going through it at the time.

That's a great video :)

Those who wonder about rounds before the event...play those courses as much as you can, they ARE awesome. 36 in a day is a a privilege, not a challenge :)

I'll bet it is - both courses looked amazing during past THPMC coverage. I also want to get a little pre-event time in the MB heat/humidity.

~Rock
Pace yourself! Don't want to run yourself down too much before the actual event, but 18 or some practice on each course before hand isn't gonna hurt!

awesome freaking pics, and im sure once the MC coverage comes out since there were so many volunteers guys will get an even greater sense for the amazing surroundings.

Well I'm ready to leave and head there now after those pics.... really, really nice

Getting to play both True Blue and Caledonia is going to be amazing especially after following past Morgan Cups and then talking to guys that have been there. Talking with vman at Bridgestone U got me super excited for the opportunity and I hadn't even been chosen yet.

Those pics are incredible, Cace. Me likely a lot. Makes me want to be involved even more and I can't help but wait anxiously on the days new participants are announced.

I remember my phone blowing up the morning I got into The Gauntlet. I was initially annoyed because I was still sleeping, but once I finally looked at my phone to see what was so important, it hit me. I still can't describe the feeling. I just know that I wanna feel that again.

So I think what I'm going to try to do is fly Wednesday night. I've already got Thursday off work, and I don't want to adjust that if I don't have to.

I'll probably try to get hold of a cheap throwaway bag to put in a bag carrier for the trip there, then stuff both sets of clubs into the Legacy bag for the trip back.

Packing light will be no problem, I do a lot of cross-country motorcycle trips. I can fit all my clothes and toiletries in a carry-on.

awesome freaking pics, and im sure once the MC coverage comes out since there were so many volunteers guys will get an even greater sense for the amazing surroundings.

When is that 2014 MC coverage coming out? I've watched the 2013 coverage about a dozen times in the past month and I need something new.

Those pics are incredible, Cace. Me likely a lot. Makes me want to be involved even more and I can't help but wait anxiously on the days new participants are announced.

I remember my phone blowing up the morning I got into The Gauntlet. I was initially annoyed because I was still sleeping, but once I finally looked at my phone to see what was so important, it hit me. I still can't describe the feeling. I just know that I wanna feel that again.

Seems like the past couple of contests for the Legacy have involved 6 or 7am CST announcements. I'm sure a few late risers would be annoyed that their phone was blowing up, only to then become extremely ecstatic. No need for caffeine those mornings.

Lucky for me, I was chosen at 6pm CST as I recall.

~Rock

When is that 2014 MC coverage coming out? I've watched the 2013 coverage about a dozen times in the past month and I need something new.

Seems like the past couple of contests for the Legacy have involved 6 or 7am CST announcements. I'm sure a few late risers would be annoyed that their phone was blowing up, only to then become extremely ecstatic. No need for caffeine those mornings.

~Rock
You would have to ask JB as he has been working on that

~Rock
Personally I love finding out first thing in the morning completely makes two members day first thing. Starts the day off right

Personally I love finding out first thing in the morning completely makes two members day first thing. Starts the day off right
So much this.

Nobody at THP has my number so my phone didn't blow up, but I did the happy dance for my dog when I saw the PM e-mail from JB.

She gave me her "I'm super happy for you, now let me out and feed me" look. :)

Just got back from a lesson. My instructor likes my position at the top, likes my move down and we are now just cleaning up impact to follow through. I don't want to get my hopes up, but I kind of see a light at the end of this 4 year swing rebuild tunnel I've been in. If I'm right, timing couldn't be much better for #THPLegacy.

Normally the repetitive drills and swings to ingrain moves is tough to get motivated for, but not this year!

Will work on it again tonight at home for 1 or 2 hours, and every night I can find time for the next month or two. Go #TeamDev!!!

I don't know about the whole "go TeamDev" part of that, but I totally understand swing rebuilds. I did one maybe 5 years ago now. It took 2 years just for it to even make sense or feel right. I'm not saying I ever perfected it, but I definitely have a solid 'base' swing now. I have zero regrets (or ragrets, depending on who you ask) for spending those 2 years struggling. I became a much more consistent golfer in the end. There will be plenty of refinement this year to my swing this year, and I can't wait to get out there and get to work on it (outside).

~Rock

I don't know about the whole "go TeamDev" part of that, but I totally understand swing rebuilds. I did one maybe 5 years ago now. It took 2 years just for it to even make sense or feel right. I'm not saying I ever perfected it, but I definitely have a solid 'base' swing now. I have zero regrets (or ragrets, depending on who you ask) for spending those 2 years struggling. I became a much more consistent golfer in the end. There will be plenty of refinement this year to my swing this year, and I can't wait to get out there and get to work on it (outside).

~Rock

Yeah, it seems like a ridiculous amount of time, practice, lessons but a fundamentally solid swing is worth it all. I'd prefer my #THPLegacy to be striping the ball and playing well, not hunting in the woods and praying for hole outs! I'm really working on a consistent shot I can reliably play. Being in other THP events, you need something you can go to under pressure. Really no room for doubt on the opening tee box of something as huge as the Legacy.

Good stuff, Brett. It sounds like you're really putting in work and that is a very scary thing for the other team. Keep at it man.

Back