Is Notah Begay the worst announcer you've ever heard?

mr3putt

ichop
Reaction score
Handicap
Someone just give me a pencil in the ear instead of hearing this guy any longer. Being Tigers bud together with left-wing wacko NBC made this wreck a no-brainer to stick him out there. I'm pretty sure someone actually listened to him before turning him loose but they just don't care how bad it is.

Um, alrighty than. He's not great, but I guess I just don't pay that much attention.

No. Brandle Shamlee or however he spells his name is. I've written more complaints to the golf channel about him over any other.

Siri speaks for me!

I haven't had any issues with Notah's commentary.

I see no reason for such distain for the guy. He's new and making his way. He's out whether TW is playing or to so being his buddy doesn't come into play. Plus the guy does a great deal for his community.

I don't mind him at all. Definitely have heard worse.

I would rather listen to Notah than Johnnie Miller to be honest.

I have not had any issue Notah. He seems to be doing a good job especially being fairly new to broadcasting.

I don't mind him much.

Don't care one way or the other. Like Tadashi said, he does a lot for the Native American community, which is severely needed.

I see no reason for such distain for the guy. He's new and making his way. He's out whether TW is playing or to so being his buddy doesn't come into play. Plus the guy does a great deal for his community.

Don't care one way or the other. Like Tadashi said, he does a lot for the Native American community, which is severely needed.

I like what Notah's doing now. Very good stuff.

I think he does a solid job.

I dont think so at all. It's not as easy as it looks. He'll catch his stride and be smooth in no time.

I could do without Mark Rolfing mentioning he's from Hawaii on Every. Single. Broadcast.

I would rather listen to Notah than Johnnie Miller to be honest.

Absolutely without a doubt I would rather listen to Notah than Johnnie. I for one cannot stand listening to JM, although he has seemed to be a bit better this year (maybe NBC got on his case a little bit?).

You can't compare Chamblee or Miller to Begay. Their roles are completely different. Having said that, Begay does nothing for me. Perhaps he will improve with time, but right now I don't think he's very good.

I think that he is a rare announcer who seems to be a good listener. My sense is that the players and caddies talk to him. In that way he is an excellent contrast to Johnny Miller.

Begay doesn't bother me at all. I appreciate his comments such as reading the greens etc. But I also like Johnny Miller.

doc

I think Notah's unspectacular and green but he isn't a lost cause or anything. He has a lot to learn from Roger Maltbie, but I think he can get better. Players and caddies do seem comfortable with him around and do talk to him and that will be a nice asset later on as he improves. You know who IS terrible and irredeemable though? Steve Sands. Anyone else wanted to push him into a woodchipper when he keep pump faking that snowball toss like he's some kind of tough guy in the match play pregame show when Gary Williams and the guys were teasing him? Sands is such a pathetic poser.

I think Notah's unspectacular and green but he isn't a lost cause or anything. He has a lot to learn from Roger Maltbie, but I think he can get better. Players and caddies do seem comfortable with him around and do talk to him and that will be a nice asset later on as he improves. You know who IS terrible and irredeemable though? Steve Sands. Anyone else wanted to push him into a woodchipper when he keep pump faking that snowball toss like he's some kind of tough guy in the match play pregame show when Gary Williams and the guys were teasing him? Sands is such a pathetic poser.

Wow, I've never had an issue with Sands. He seems solid, if unspectacular.

If Notah improves just slightly he would be better than Mc Cord

Who do you guys like? Let me guess, Dottie Pepper. Notah is new and someone though he had the goods.

I understand the OP's point. I've worked in media a lot over the past 15 years and done a bit of on-air work in that time. From a technical standpoint, Notah isn't very polished. But I think he's got potential, he's an interesting guy with a colorful past. Being philanthropic doesn't mean you get to be on network TV, but I believe he'll settle in and has the potential to bring good insight to the broadcasts. I'd kind of prefer to see him get back in the game and play, though. I always liked him as a player.

I don't think he is that bad....he is very green and still learning...I think he will be fine once he settles in.

I agree with most folks here, he does a pretty good job he just hasnt found his on air personality yet.

I actually like Notah, I liked watching him when played for the brief period in time.

Back