Is Notah Begay the worst announcer you've ever heard?

I agree with OP in that Notah is terrible. However, it really does feel, at least to me, that it's because he is completely raw and should get better over time.

Don't know how many watch the LPGA but, IMO, Jerry Folz is the best in the business and I wish he would move to the PGA.

I don't have any issue with Notah either. ANYONE who reduces Johnny Miller's airtime is welcome.

I don't have any issue with Notah either. ANYONE who reduces Johnny Miller's airtime is welcome.

Couldn't agree more. I hate Johnny Miller

Tapa Slice

I come down on the the "give him some time" side of things. He doesn't really bother me at this point. I think he will get better with time and the relationship he has with many of the players will help him with some insight others won't be able to offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I have no objections to Notah at all I think he does a good job and will probably get better with time.

I really don't mind him. I like that he's a young ex player with some good insight.

I agree with the "he is raw" comment. Don't mind him, not fond of his announcing. Maybe he will improve with time.

You can't compare Chamblee or Miller to Begay. Their roles are completely different. Having said that, Begay does nothing for me. Perhaps he will improve with time, but right now I don't think he's very good.

I tend to agree. I like the guy but he seems a little flat in this role.

I'm impressed with the man, what he's accomplished and what I bet he'll accomplish moving forward. I wouldn't call him a great "Announcer", but he's believable and worth listening to based on his character. JMHO

One of the times that they went to Notah yesterday, it sounded like he was whispering to start, and then there was a pause in the sentence while a player was preparing to putt.

Maybe his style seems unusual because he's paying attention to what's going on and trying to be respectful instead of just talking for the sake of hearing himself talk.

I don't mind him at all. Definitely have heard worse.

I agree. Plus, "left-wing wacko NBC"???? Nice politicizing golf comment! (Snark, snark). I JUST WANT GOLF COMMENTS. You want to argue political philosophies? Go to the debate room, please.

Notah's cool, he's a little nervous sometimes because he's learning the way but he's got a ton of insight having played on tour. Rich Lerner is nauseating though lol

Notah's cool, he's a little nervous sometimes because he's learning the way but he's got a ton of insight having played on tour. Rich Lerner is nauseating though lol

'Do that' RL catch phrase. If Notah is the same in a year then we might have a case but he is just starting.

Now not everyone can be as cool and as knowledgeable as Johnny Miller. He is a true color man, tells it like it is.

'Do that' RL catch phrase. If Notah is the same in a year then we might have a case but he is just starting.

Now not everyone can be as cool and as knowledgeable as Johnny Miller. He is a true color man, tells it like it is.

I see what you did there! :act-up:

I don't mind Notah, but I prob don't watch enough golf to form a strong opinion on him

This. Give that man a cigar. Wait, I will take care of the later in Atlanta. :D

An old video, but pretty well tell's a lot about the guy and what he went through. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

I would rather listen to Notah than Johnnie Miller to be honest.

Agree 100%. All Johnnie Miller does is trash guys for shots that aren't even that bad...

"Oh that 7i came to about 10ft from the hole, that's a mental mistake right there..."

I think the op has more issue with the network than Notah.

I like Notah. He hasn't said anything super dumb like Johnny miller that I can remember.

Like others, I have no issue with him, and in fact actually like him. He is inexperienced, for sure, but he'll smooth out the edges. Already better than some of the others out there...

He's no Roger Maltbie, but he does a solid job.

I think Begay sounds more relaxed and natural the Peter Jacobsen at this point.

Like others, I have no issue with him, and in fact actually like him. He is inexperienced, for sure, but he'll smooth out the edges. Already better than some of the others out there...

I like him better than Mark Rolfing, something about him just makes me want to change the channel.

I think the op has more issue with the network than Notah.

I like Notah. He hasn't said anything super dumb like Johnny miller that I can remember.

Nope. My point is with Begay. The reference to the network obvious leanings and Tiger was a thought on the reasoning behind him getting the job in the first place.

This is the big leagues! Why put him in there to train/get better in "the show" as some here have said? Go do web.com and get decent and then move him up.

I also don't care how nice of a guy he is or how much charity good he does. Which I agree he seems to be and does do. It's all about performance.

Clearly somehow some here don't have a problem with the current version of him. As with everything I guess beauty is in the eye....

Now as for Berman, Lerner, Hicks......:)

Back