Playing in the Masters Saturday (not real masters)

Lynchburg14

Reaction score
Handicap
This coming Saturday I will be playing in the Masters. A few of my good friends have been playing all the majors for the past couple years. For each major they pick a local course that is most like what is being played for that major. This year I have been given the invite to join them for all the rounds. We will be playing Kilmarlic golf club in Powells Point NC. My buddy who heads everything up is cousins of the course superintendent, who we run half and full marathons with so he puts it on every year there. They have a trophy for every tourney and even a Green jacket! They even have the past champ do dinner on Friday night.

I am really looking forward to playing but I just talked to Callaway and my new clubs will not be shipped on time. Looks like they will not arrive until Saturday or Monday. So I will be playing with borrowed set of Taylormade Rac OS irons. They are a good friends and I have used them before but it sure would be nice to have the new babies. Here is a link to the course check it out. It was rated #14 in NC! http://www.kilmarlicgolfclub.com/

Sounds like a really cool event

That sounds awesome. Hit 'me straight.

That's freakin' awesome! Get that green jacket!

That sounds like a great event, have fun!

Kick butt!

That sounds like a lot of fun! Perhaps a THP event in the making???

Dan

Hey bud this sounds awesome! I sure wish I could compete in an event like this:) have a blast and best of luck.

Very cool! Best of luck!

Sounds like an awesome time and looks to be a fantastic course!

Thanks for all the well wishes guy. Went to the range to day and hit the rental clubs and putted. Put in an hour of practice today. I also have mapped out each hole on the course and have a game plan for how I want to play each of them.

Would like to say I won but that would be lie. I shot 90 which I guess was not to bad since I was using the rental clubs. Winner shot an 82. Our scores were 82,83,84,85,86,90

Back