Callaway Prototype Utility Iron

I expected the faces to be a bit deeper, I wonder how they would perform for an amateur out of the rough?!?!

Ahh, thanks for the explanation.
You mention better players - why would these not be condusive to a newb such as myself?

Because for a "newb" you are more likely to gain what you want with a standard hybrid and you as a "newb" your slightly more inconsistent striking of the ball relative to a low handicapper wouldn't be as compatible with a driving iron as the forgiveness level is very likely to be lower than a normal hybrid. Plus these driving irons as h0ss66 said these are designed to offer a player more control over the flight of the ball were as a higher handicapper is more interested in striking of the ball, distance and accuracy.

They do. I bet I could thin one those about 180 yards if it had to.

Easily. I thinned my Heavy onto the last green yesterday. And guess what? I three jiggled that one too.

Easily. I thinned my Heavy onto the last green yesterday. And guess what? I three jiggled that one too.

Your mind has to be blown on the course with all that testing you are doing right now, trying to remember everything for your write ups. You should play a couple of rounds just for you.

I do think that these will be pretty popular for Callaway if they come out and a lot of folks will bag them.

These have an interesting look to them.. They remind me a little of the Cleveland Xli irons.

Reminds me of the old Titleist 503H. I hope the Callaway is easier to hit because that t***y was rough...

Ahh, thanks for the explanation.
You mention better players - why would these not be condusive to a newb such as myself?

Well if you look closer, these don't have much of a cavity, i.e. perimeter weighting, which typically gives a club more "forgiveness." Its really just a huge sole there to cut through the rough. Also, the small shallow face in a driving iron of this style isn't particularly easy to hit for the high-handicapper. Higher handicappers would simply be better off with a traditional hybrid which doesn't require the most precise ball striking to achieve proper launch conditions.

They do. I bet I could thin one those about 180 yards if it had to.

You can thin anything 180 yards because you're freaking awesome.

I'm not sure the point of these the more I think of them. If you want a lower ballflight than a hybrid hit an iron. I still will probably buy one but its not the point lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if these come with a headcover or not?

Has anyone hit one yet? I have been harassing multiple Golf Towns to bring one at least one in

Has anyone hit one yet? I have been harassing multiple Golf Towns to bring one at least one in

I have there's another thread that has some reviews on it. Nice club I see one in the bag this year.

I expected this to me on my door step for my weekend round

Not after the way I hit it Monday.

From my cold, dead, hands sir! haha

Not after the way I hit it Monday.

From my cold, dead, hands sir! haha

Very excited to hear that JMan, I spoke to the local golf town hooligans who think it will be in the demo area this weekend... I can't wait to get my hands on this thing to try it out.

Have you seen any adjustment period coming from the Adams hybrids to this? Are you swinging it any different to a 4i/3i?

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Back