Wilson D200 Irons Review Thread

Went to my fitting tonight to hit the G30 and these.

I hit the G30 7 iron first and had some misses that were still very good. Overall felt good and I liked them. Gained about 3-4 mph in swing speed over my CB's and about 7 to 8 yards on most shots.

Then em on to the D200. From the very first swing the were longer and straighter than my TM's and on most shots longer then the G30 by about 7 more yards.

So so I went from 136/37 with mine to 143/44 with the G30 to 149/53 with the D200. I had one silly one of 168 with these at the end when I made what felt like the best swing I've put on a ball in years. I know that won't be the norm. If I hot these consistently 150 with the 7

Brian the owner showed me my worst shot with the D200 was better than my best with the CB's

i can't say enough about the ball and the way of seems to come off the face. As for the looks. They look so awesome. I'm not bothered by the offset at all (a bit more than the PInG) The toplime was fine for me.

Brian and I spent about 30 minutes talking about these amd Wilson in general. He is on staff now after being a PING guy for almost 15 years. He switched to these from the I20's and he tested his D200 against his PINGs for several days just to be sure before he made the switch.

I went with the DG SL shaft in R and hard stepped one time. He did this to make it more of a stiff regular as I was on the high end of R and the extra 1" in my shaft would make a R play a bit softer than standard R.

Now on the wait for the phone call begins ��
Awesome. You will really enjoy these.

You should tweet @WilsonGolf & @NickGeyer & tell them your gains. They love hearing that.

Awesome. You will really enjoy these.

You should tweet @WilsonGolf & @NickGeyer & tell them your gains. They love hearing that.
I plan to. I was going to wait until tomorrow so it doesn't get lost in the timeline tonight.

I'm not over analyzing, just trying to share my thought process.

I'm well aware that I could game anything from the V4 to the D200 and have a decent level of success but I'm just not sure which way I want to go.
When in doubt make the game easier right?

I've been following along as you have shared. I understand where you are at, I'd be in the same place if I was in the event. From the sidelines it seems somewhat easy to say go with the D200s - more forgiveness/distance and something that compliments your current gamers (ie, the ability to adjust your bag, if wanted/needed, depending on where your game is at.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice pick up Rob. Some good numbers there. Looking forward to our next round together when these come in

Nice pick up Rob. Some good numbers there. Looking forward to our next round together when these come in
No doubt. I know they arent a magic pill. But I think they will offer me a whole lot more forgivness than the TM's. As you said earlier a heck of a lot more confidence hitting a 7 iron from 150 than a 5 iron. Although Brian soda the 4 is so stupid easy to hit. He took his hybrid out.

Although Brian said the 4 is so stupid easy to hit. He took his hybrid out.
My 4 iron still has the plastic on it. Haven't even tried to hit it because I really like my old 4 Fybrid HS

I've been following along as you have shared. I understand where you are at, I'd be in the place if I was in the event. From the sidelines it seems somewhat easy to say go with the D200s - more forgiveness/distance and something that compliments your current gamers (ie, the ability to adjust your bag, if wanted/needed, depending on where your game is at.)

I'm with Frank. If you really can't decide, go with the most forgiveness you can. The possibility of hitting the ball a little too high is better than going with not enough forgiveness and getting yourself in trouble.

No doubt. I know they arent a magic pill. But I think they will offer me a whole lot more forgivness than the TM's. As you said earlier a heck of a lot more confidence hitting a 7 iron from 150 than a 5 iron. Although Brian soda the 4 is so stupid easy to hit. He took his hybrid out.

You should have your new magic pills in hand by now, just it time to watch it rain all day :curse:

Sunshine rolling in though; looking forward to your first thoughts.

I've been following along as you have shared. I understand where you are at, I'd be in the same place if I was in the event. From the sidelines it seems somewhat easy to say go with the D200s - more forgiveness/distance and something that compliments your current gamers (ie, the ability to adjust your bag, if wanted/needed, depending on where your game is at.)

I got my hands on these today but couldn't hit them. They are big. I'm sure they are great clubs but I've got a new appreciation for why someone might hesitate.

You should have your new magic pills in hand by now, just it time to watch it rain all day :curse:

Sunshine rolling in though; looking forward to your first thoughts.

i wish. They had to be custom ordered. But I did get this cool tweet from Nick that will hold me over.

i wish. They had to be custom ordered. But I did get this cool tweet from Nick that will hold me over.

gonna be like christmas in June. Should be here in plenty time to go to PittPitt

gonna be like christmas in June. Should be here in plenty time to go to PittPitt
im already thinking the day after I get the call that they are in, will be a personal day!!

Oh god yes I hope before Pittsburgh. Otherwise it could be ugly up there.

im already thinking the day after I get the call that they are in, will be a personal day!!

Oh god yes I hope before Pittsburgh. Otherwise it could be ugly up there.

i wouldn't expect anything less than a personal day

I tried. I really did. But I simply couldn't make these work for me. A couple of weeks ago I got the D200 driver, 3-metal and 3 & 4 hybrids. Love 'em. Best long yardage club combinations I've ever had. I was hoping to complement the set by adding the D200 irons, but could not get them to behave. I don't know if it was the strong lofts, offset, extra shaft length, over-sized club heads, or lack of talent of the person using them, but for some reason I was just wildly inconsistent. When I hit them well they were a sight to see, but too often I was hitting some kind of weak push fade. I tried various address and hand positions, and when it looked like I might have found the right combination I would hit some weak sauce hits to the right.

Last weekend I took these with me on a golf trip to Lake Ozark. I tried them the first two rounds and played poorly each time. I went back to the i25s and played (and scored) much better in rounds 3 & 4. Even after some extensive range time, I just couldn't find the sweet spot on a consistent basis.

I can understand why people like these clubs; when you hit them right there isn't anything like them. Still, for me it put way too much pressure on my short game by missing so many greens. I was hoping to have an all Wilson Staff bag this year, but if that's going to happen I will need to look at the C100s, M3s, or V4s.

Last edited:
It happens. That's why we are lucky to have options.

I was pretty close to going with the D200s, but there were little things I was just uncomfortable with. The distance claims you are seeing from people are legit, though.

Wilson D200 Irons Review Thread

i wouldn't expect anything less than a personal day

And I updated in another thread. But I was in the golf shop Friday and when the owner called my Infinite putter order in, he found out the irons hasn't shipped the day before.

So scanning my work calander for that personal day. Ha

And I updated in another thread. But I was in the golf shop Friday and when the owner called my Infinite putter order in, he found out the irons hasn't shipped the day before.

So scanning my work calander for that personal day. Ha

nice. quick turnaround is a good thing. hump day is usually a good day to be off.

I tried. I really did. But I simply couldn't make these work for me. A couple of weeks ago I got the D200 driver, 3-metal and 3 & 4 hybrids. Love 'em. Best long yardage club combinations I've ever had. I was hoping to complement the set by adding the D200 irons, but could not get them to behave. I don't know if it was the strong lofts, offset, extra shaft length, over-sized club heads, or lack of talent of the person using them, but for some reason I was just wildly inconsistent. When I hit them well they were a sight to see, but too often I was hitting some kind of weak push fade. I tried various address and hand positions, and when it looked like I might have found the right combination I would hit some weak sauce hits to the right.

Last weekend I took these with me on a golf trip to Lake Ozark. I tried them the first two rounds and played poorly each time. I went back to the i25s and played (and scored) much better in rounds 3 & 4. Even after some extensive range time, I just couldn't find the sweet spot on a consistent basis.

I can understand why people like these clubs; when you hit them right there isn't anything like them. Still, for me it put way too much pressure on my short game by missing so many greens. I was hoping to have an all Wilson Staff bag this year, but if that's going to happen I will need to look at the C100s, M3s, or V4s.

Thanks. Yeah as Hawk said. Not every club fits everyone. The XR's were like this for me.

After reading about all the great results by everyone. I figured they had to be it for me. Not so. Just like you experienced with the D200. When I hit it solid it was great but I had a lot of high right misses.

Maybe if they had been able to get me a bit more upright iron to try. As my specs are 3* upright.

Anyway. I've still got to give the hybrids and driver more time.

SaA

Another great thread on wilson irons-thanks. I bought the di11s after that epic thread a while ago.

I am currently redoing my bag in a quest for more forgiveness-i have/had fg62s in there but realistically I am golfing maybe one a week and really don't want to struggle to make decent contact given this limited playing time.

I have replaced my long/mid irons up to six with mizuno fli his which are great. My niblicks are currently sitting in the wedge slots. So I am wondering about the short irons.

In mizuno I liked the h5 which I tried in the same specs as my fli his (+1inch, upright 2, px 6.0,jumbo grip).

Yesterday I demoed the d200 6 iron (regular,all standard) and really liked it. I won't be able to demo in my specs, but I am really tempted with 7-pw. How are the short irons in d200? Anyone try a px in them?

I have never been someone who works the ball. I like high and straight:)

Thanks again for the great thread thp.

Another great thread on wilson irons-thanks. I bought the di11s after that epic thread a while ago.

I am currently redoing my bag in a quest for more forgiveness-i have/had fg62s in there but realistically I am golfing maybe one a week and really don't want to struggle to make decent contact given this limited playing time.

I have replaced my long/mid irons up to six with mizuno fli his which are great. My niblicks are currently sitting in the wedge slots. So I am wondering about the short irons.

In mizuno I liked the h5 which I tried in the same specs as my fli his (+1inch, upright 2, px 6.0,jumbo grip).

Yesterday I demoed the d200 6 iron (regular,all standard) and really liked it. I won't be able to demo in my specs, but I am really tempted with 7-pw. How are the short irons in d200? Anyone try a px in them?

I have never been someone who works the ball. I like high and straight:)

Thanks again for the great thread thp.
If you like high and straight these are the ticket.

As as for the short irons. In my only outing with them so far, they were dead on target (no surprise)

my my first hole I was 122 out to a back pin. So I figured if I came up one club short I'd be in the middle of the green. It completely flew the green (straight) over the flag though.

Very next hole hole I had about 110 to a front pin so I hit the P again based on the last shot. Sure enogh right over the flag to the middle of the green.

So basically they were all like that. On a couple 9 irons I hit a small draw, but nothing big and sweeping just a little one, which is not unusual in my short irons. The longer the iRon got the straighter it was and by the 5 iron it was my natural fade showing.

I I would imagine If you've done well with the PX in other irons, no reason to think you won't like them in these.

I haven't been out with these at all this week. I hope to get some range time in today possibly.

Thanks CAA beat. Looks like a good option. I can order these club by club so I will get an 8 to try with px and see how it works out.

Rob let me take some swings with his 7 iron. Just silly easy to hit. Ball jumps off the club and gets up in the air where it wants to fly forever. Oh and toe misses turn in to really good shots.

Just updating my experience with these. I am at about a 6 handicap and have the 6-GW. Still enjoying the forgiveness on these. I am going to be getting another set with Recoil 95 shafts in 4-GW. For me the stock graphite is just a bit too soft in the tip creating too much spin-in particular in the shorter clubs. But I don't see going back to a players/cavity iron after playing these.

Yesterday I bought a set of D-200 (5-PW) very much based on this thread. My current gamers are older Callaway x18. I tried D-200, C-110 and Cobra BioCell at the store and the D-200 got the best numbers (I liked the feel of all though). Now I have shot 3 buckets at the range and played appr 15 holes and so far I am very happy. They are very easy to hit and goes straight and long! Actually it will take some time to get used to the straightness. On my older irons I had to open the face a bit to get a straight shot, but when doing that with the D-200 the shot will go to the right. So as long as I remember to aim directly to the target...well, they go there. Today was quite windy so a bit hard to compare the distances, but I am pretty sure they are a fair bit longer than my previous clubs. Also one thing I noted is that the 5-iron is very easy to hit. Earlier I have struggled a bit with 5-iron from fw.
So for someone with higher hcp (I have 21) I can really recommend these!

Back