Cleveland Mashie Fairway Wood Review

You're probably seeing the face close down from the rough too. If you handed me either the F3 or the F7 from the rough, I'd take the F7 almost every time, regardless of distance. The added loft makes it a lot easier for me to get the ball up and out and I still can get the ball pretty far down range.

I could easily not have a 3wood by having the F5. I got all those 3woods for the MC and I hit them twice off the tee. Two times out of 108 golf holes. I think I over thunk it. I did hit the F3 a few times going for some of the par 5's

Them's some strong words coming from a 3wood ho! I can't talk, this makes three for me... :D If forced to drop one, the F3 would certainly be first, but I don't have a need for any room elsewhere that would cause me to dump it. Certainly don't need another wedge and my F5/F7 cover me from 180-215ish off the deck. I could carry a 4 iron for S&Gs, but that wouldn't help too much.

I will say that the performance of these has kicked off a slight ponder for the M5 (regardless of my experience with last years). Figure that would cozy up nicely to the F7 distance wise and take another long iron out of the bag...

You're probably seeing the face close down from the rough too. If you handed me either the F3 or the F7 from the rough, I'd take the F7 almost every time, regardless of distance. The added loft makes it a lot easier for me to get the ball up and out and I still can get the ball pretty far down range.

yeah Im going to make sure to get some practice time in with the F7 before I run out there and slap away this time. My 4I has been awful as of late so I may just replace that with this 7W for the time being and see how things go with having the 7W and I20 together

Watching you hit that F5 on Saturday put me in ponder mode alone

This was my first 5wood believe it or not.

I might go back to some long irons to

I didn't use the F5 that much over the weekend but I did hit it well each time. The F7 however, that club will never be replaced unless it breaks and then it will be replaced by another F7. Like I told Hawk, it's a hybrid trapped in a fairway woods body. Stupid easy to hit well from anywhere, any-freaking-where on the course.

I didn't use the F5 that much over the weekend but I did hit it well each time. The F7 however, that club will never be replaced unless it breaks and then it will be replaced by another F7. Like I told Hawk, it's a hybrid trapped in a fairway woods body. Stupid easy to hit well from anywhere, any-freaking-where on the course.

SW, how is the transition from the F7 to the M5? Is there a yardage gap in there or do they overlap?

SW, how is the transition from the F7 to the M5? Is there a yardage gap in there or do they overlap?

No real gap issue at all Jon. With the 6* difference you would think there would be but I'm not seeing one. The M5 tops out around 195 and a smooth F7 is all over 200. What I want is a M5.5 lol

Them's some strong words coming from a 3wood ho! I can't talk, this makes three for me... :D If forced to drop one, the F3 would certainly be first, but I don't have a need for any room elsewhere that would cause me to dump it. Certainly don't need another wedge and my F5/F7 cover me from 180-215ish off the deck. I could carry a 4 iron for S&Gs, but that wouldn't help too much.

I will say that the performance of these has kicked off a slight ponder for the M5 (regardless of my experience with last years). Figure that would cozy up nicely to the F7 distance wise and take another long iron out of the bag...

I'm a lot like you. WHile the F5 seems to be the Mr. Everything when it comes to my fairway woods, I play a two wedge setup. If I ganked everything from the bag I'd have like 11 clubs in there. That's not fun.

Watching you hit that F5 on Saturday put me in ponder mode alone

Thanks buddy. I think you would love it. You really hit the ball so well Hanks. I was super impressed. You rock that 3wood and those hybos of yours so perhaps throwing a F5 in the middle would be a good idea.

No real gap issue at all Jon. With the 6* difference you would think there would be but I'm not seeing one. The M5 tops out around 195 and a smooth F7 is all over 200. What I want is a M5.5 lol

Thanks. Now I have (another) reason to swing by the local Golfsmith! :D

Well crap all this talk about the F5 has me thinking. Cept I already have my bag built around the F3 so darn. I use the mashie+ 2 hybrid in the place of a 5 wood basically and I like it, but I may do a swapsies here soon and see what happens.

I'm a lot like you. WHile the F5 seems to be the Mr. Everything when it comes to my fairway woods, I play a two wedge setup. If I ganked everything from the bag I'd have like 11 clubs in there. That's not fun.

Thanks buddy. I think you would love it. You really hit the ball so well Hanks. I was super impressed. You rock that 3wood and those hybos of yours so perhaps throwing a F5 in the middle would be a good idea.

Is it wrong that after I get to hang with you for a few days I always read your post like you're hear saying it, but I do agree. Hanks I didn't get to play with you but I did get to talk shop, hit some balls on the range with and play behind you the F5 may very well be a difference maker for you. What I think will be a key point is how easy you can swing it and get excellent results. it's not a club that you have to muscle down on to get up or squeak out a few extra yards, that in itself should make a big difference on your back. Added bonus of the sole and rail design being so well at getting through the turf is you won't feel it getting it caught and torquing your back on shots from heavy rough.

Thanks. Now I have (another) reason to swing by the local Golfsmith! :D

Well crap all this talk about the F5 has me thinking. Cept I already have my bag built around the F3 so darn. I use the mashie+ 2 hybrid in the place of a 5 wood basically and I like it, but I may do a swapsies here soon and see what happens.

Your welcome dudes, even though this thread is 44 pages long I can't help but feel the Mashie Fairways are the sleeper club of the year. They perform each and every time from anywhere on the course and I don't know of another fairway wood that I can say that about.

I love the F3, I have no doubt the F5 is just as awesome.

You might be right man...I'm going to need to make room for the F5 I think.

Thanks Danny! Excellent points about the easy swings and the rail design helping my back out. My big miss with a FW is coming in a little fat and that could help mitigate that miss a bit. Full on ponder mode now guys!

Is it wrong that after I get to hang with you for a few days I always read your post like you're hear saying it, but I do agree. Hanks I didn't get to play with you but I did get to talk shop, hit some balls on the range with and play behind you the F5 may very well be a difference maker for you. What I think will be a key point is how easy you can swing it and get excellent results. it's not a club that you have to muscle down on to get up or squeak out a few extra yards, that in itself should make a big difference on your back. Added bonus of the sole and rail design being so well at getting through the turf is you won't feel it getting it caught and torquing your back on shots from heavy rough.

Your welcome dudes, even though this thread is 44 pages long I can't help but feel the Mashie Fairways are the sleeper club of the year. They perform each and every time from anywhere on the course and I don't know of another fairway wood that I can say that about.

I know at this point it's kind of cliche' but the Mashie F series stuff are literally game changers.

I know at this point it's kind of cliche' but the Mashie F series stuff are literally game changers.

A-men to that!

It really depends on what you would want to use the F5 for. I have the F3, then the M2 and the M4 in my bag, I find that setup to be a little more versatile than putting the F5 in the bag. Now that I look at it, our bag setups are strikingly similar.

I had the pleasure of hitting TC's Mashie FW's and I've never hit them before. I know that in the next few days there will be a F5 with the x-flex shaft in my bag. That club was as long for me off the deck, as my current 3 wood is off the tee.

SW question doesn't it seem to you that the F7 should be more than 5 yards longer than the M5? I haven't had a chance to hit the mashie FW line except a few swings with a F3+ on a tee. Just curious I have been using a M5 lately and the hybrid mashies have been very good for me.

You were blasting it for sure you handsome devil

I had the pleasure of hitting TC's Mashie FW's and I've never hit them before. I know that in the next few days there will be a F5 with the x-flex shaft in my bag. That club was as long for me off the deck, as my current 3 wood is off the tee.

SW question doesn't it seem to you that the F7 should be more than 5the yards longer than the M5? I haven't had a chance to hit the mashie FW line except a few swings with a F3+ on a tee. Just curious I have been using a M5 lately and the hybrid mashies have been very good for me.

Oh it is. What I said was that the M5 maxes out at 195, not a yardage I count on. I play it to 185 and the F7 is my hit it around 200 yards club. I can take it farther if needed but that's neither here nor there.

Breezy getting a F5 and showing so much love may FORCE me into getting one. Sheesh.

Fan-freaking-tastic fairways though eh CB?

You were blasting it for sure you handsome devil

Breezy getting a F5 and showing so much love may FORCE me into getting one. Sheesh.

Fan-freaking-tastic fairways though eh CB?
I couldn't believe it. It was one of those clubs that has a ton of hype and then when you hit it, its even better. The x-flex shaft brought the ball flight down a little and it was just so easy to hit off the deck for a FW. Oh and its long, really long. I won't be needing a 3 wood.

It really depends on what you would want to use the F5 for. I have the F3, then the M2 and the M4 in my bag, I find that setup to be a little more versatile than putting the F5 in the bag. Now that I look at it, our bag setups are strikingly similar.

Yes, yes they are. You bring up a good point. I love the M2, I just need a new shaft in it. Are you keeping your M2/M4 setup in the future?

I couldn't believe it. It was one of those clubs that has a ton of hype and then when you hit it, its even better. The x-flex shaft brought the ball flight down a little and it was just so easy to hit off the deck for a FW. Oh and its long, really long. I won't be needing a 3 wood.

To me, there's just something completely awesome about it at address too. Not to mention the sound is addicting.

I was hesitant with it because the 1st gen mashie hype was just a giant thud for me and my warped offset fearing brain. I'm so glad that I finally bit the bullet on one though. I've never been this consistent with a fairway off the tee, ever. The 3+ is just so-so off the deck for me though, that makes the F5 even more tempting.

To me, there's just something completely awesome about it at address too. Not to mention the sound is addicting.

I was hesitant with it because the 1st gen mashie hype was just a giant thud for me and my warped offset fearing brain. I'm so glad that I finally bit the bullet on one though. I've never been this consistent with a fairway off the tee, ever. The 3+ is just so-so off the deck for me though, that makes the F5 even more tempting.

Jman, I can't believe we're still talking about this...

Go get it already man. :D The OEM gods demand it! LOL

Back