what part of your game are you working on?

No, not really. My biggest issue is not closing the face at impact. I'm just going to tweak my grip a bit and go from there.

Ya I'm in the same boat, it used to be a double miss both left and way right. Now it's just a miss right which much more manageable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I need to start hitting more fairways, 30% left and 25% right. Any drills to recommend?

I need to learn how to loosen up better, and not feel so tense all the time.

Mentioned it in the trying to break 80 thread but I am working on not letting bad shots get to me and derailing a round and just moving on to the next shot.

Working on:
- a really good confident setup (square body setup to the target, good grip, release some tension)
- more confidence with the flatstick (I fidget too much with my grip)
- controlling my frustrations from compounding further on course

my lesson last week has me completely fighting my old swing.
spent all day at the range trying to groove it and a bucket of 120 balls I hit 5 of them on a rope. all the rest were snap hooks. time for another lesson

Working on my putting,green reading and 40yards and in

Working on my putting,green reading and 40yards and in

Same for me will be the focus for the foreseeable future. Fairly happy with most everything else and short game needs to improve to score better.

Might work on playing quicker as well. :D

Same for me will be the focus for the foreseeable future. Fairly happy with most everything else and short game needs to improve to score better.

Might work on playing quicker as well. :D

Haha I know people you gave you crap but I have seen people play much much slower

Lately been working on drawing, even hooking my drive. Bad part is when aiming right and it goes straight.

My last 3-4 rounds and range sessions, I have been hitting a lot of short irons off the toe. So, yesterday I taped my 7-PW and tried to figure out what what I was doing. I was hitting my 7-9 irons well. I could not hit my PW at all. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I switched to my hybrids for the last dozen balls and was gold. I am doing it again tomorrow.

I plan to spend the next few months working on the mental and course management part of golf. I want to start playing golf versus hitting shots.

I've been working on my putting for 30 years, but barring a brain transplant, I'm hopelessly stuck as a mediocre putter. I do putt great on the practice green, however!!

Working hard on my short game. Anything inside 60 yards with my 58 degree. Trying to add a couple shots rather than just taking a stock shot and hoping to roll it out just right.

My favourite so far is a low punch that bites really hard and stops on a dime after a hop or two.. That seems to be the most accurate shot from a good lie.

Working on:

- Draw with my Octane driver
- Still honing in my nike hybrid, harder club to hit than I thought it would be!

Dispersion on approach shots - I need to start either getting a more comfortable larger putting range or zeroing in approach shots. Need to start converting more GIRs and leaving myself 30 foot putts isn't the way to do that.

Chipping a little. I'm more just working on keeping from getting lazy and rushing through my chipping.

Putting is a big thing though. When I first started playing golf I could, for whatever reason, just naturally putt lights out all of the time. Didn't matter what putter I was using. I didn't know how to read greens very well but I guess my brain just subconsciously picked the break up. I had a very awkward stance and I had a very wierd grip. Also, I knew I sucked so I never had any nerves. Everybody was amazed by my putting as a beginner.

The better I've got and more I've learned as far as speed, grain, break, etc... I now over think myself all of the time and get very nervous over big putts as I expect a lot out of myself. This all compounds and leads to a lot of tension and "the yips". I can calm them down but it takes stepping away from the ball once or sometimes twice.

I think I need to read " Putting Out Of Your Mind".

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Short game.

I've been taking 3 balls, randomly dispersing them around the practice green and trying to get up and down with all three balls.

I definitely need to put in more time but I am seeing improvement, which is nice.

I plan to spend the next few months working on the mental and course management part of golf. I want to start playing golf versus hitting shots.

I like this.

I suppose this will be my new home for things I'm working on. Went to the range today. Sort of a halfassed session just because I brought my mom and son, but I was able to get some still frames from a video she shot for me.

As you might notice, I sort of take a little bit too much of a turn back from the ball. Hahaha. It's so ugly dear god. That's what I'll be working on this coming week.

ScreenShot001-L.jpg

Not so bad right here.

ScreenShot002-L.jpg

Probably ought to stopping right about here, but as you can see, the club isn't anywhere near where it should be. Too little wrist-cock?

ScreenShot003-L.jpg

Still going.

ScreenShot004-L.jpg

And now I actually lean backwards towards the target LOL.

ScreenShot005-L.jpg

ScreenShot006-L.jpg

ScreenShot007-L.jpg

I actually like what you do to the top of your swing. My observation: you don't transfer your weight back on to that front foot and through the ball.

Yea, it's something I've worked on for months now, but it's just a hard one to break. What I've seen in video at lessons is that the big lean forward at the top basically leaves me driving down into my back foot on the downswing. Reverse pivot basically. When he's shortened me up a little at the top I tend to get to the left side easier. Same old/same old I guess. Kills my power, but there are parts that are definitely better than the past. Just need to keep working on the things I'm supposed to be doing.

I've been working on putting a lot. Since I don't exactly put it in the 5 foot circle on every approach shot, eliminating 3 putts almost completely and trying to get to 1-putting as much as possible is going to be the best thing I can do for my game. I've been spending 2 hours a day working on 15 feet and in on the practice green and am seeing good improvement. To work on longer putts (which I see frequently) I have to wait for the course to clear up at night to go out to one of the greens and practice because the practice green isn't big enough.

Yea, it's something I've worked on for months now, but it's just a hard one to break. What I've seen in video at lessons is that the big lean forward at the top basically leaves me driving down into my back foot on the downswing. Reverse pivot basically. When he's shortened me up a little at the top I tend to get to the left side easier. Same old/same old I guess. Kills my power, but there are parts that are definitely better than the past. Just need to keep working on the things I'm supposed to be doing.

Hawk, you'd need a helper, but my daughter does a thing with a one of those 2 pound medicine ball things that helps her get to the left side. She stands in front of me, I site on the couch, in a golf stance holding that ball. Makes about a 3/4 back turn getting her weight to the right side keeping a slight flex in her knee. Then makes the front turn tossing me the ball and really finishing out onto the outside of her left foot, with that knee still slightly flexed. When we get in a rhythm the ball never really stops. It has improved her swing plane and distance incredibly. She is hitting her driver 25 yards farther than six weeks ago and more often than not hits a high draw. For two years she was leaning back on that right leg, especially with driver. This cured it much better than hitting golf balls, and it was actually a strength exercise for her core.

Kevin

Back