2012 WGC-Bridgestone Invitational [SPOILERS]

Talking about leaking oil down the stretch...that might have been one of the worst played 72nd holes that I have seen by Furyk.

Hell of a sand save by Keegan out of the plugged lie in the bunker

I feel bad for Furyk, but thats Awesome for Keegan.

Wow, was that ever great to watch!! My boi finally got that win this year!

What an epic collapse. Poor old Furyk. He's played great for like 45 days but just can't close it out.

Keegan will have a boatload of momentum next week. Another win for Cleveland Golf!

Keegan w/ the Classic!

Great response from Furyk......
Tough interview, but shows why Furyk is a stand up guy. I don't know if I would have the never to get in front of the camera after blowing leads in 2 recent tournaments.

Is this the season of the final round collapse? Wow.

Keegan is so clutch! Gotta hand to Furyk with the interview after, lot of class there.

On the way home from the tournament. Son and I had a great time. We were out of position to see much on 18, but I knew what happened. Feel more worse for furyk than I feel good for Keegan. Best moment of the day was my son, 5 years old, trying to figure out why bubba was using a girls club when he teed off.

On the way home from the tournament. Son and I had a great time. We were out of position to see much on 18, but I knew what happened. Feel more worse for furyk than I feel good for Keegan. Best moment of the day was my son, 5 years old, trying to figure out why bubba was using a girls club when he teed off.

Haha, that's great! Awesome that you and your little guy got to go. I'm sure that's something he'll remember forever!

Wow, what a finish! Keegan has gravitas.

Not sure anyone else has more fire in their eyes than Keegan. Phenomenal final round by him.

Tappin' from the iPhone!

Another tournament and another weekend with a couple of really good rounds from TW and at least 1 not good round. Its becoming a trend and I dont like it.

Another tournament and another weekend with a couple of really good rounds from TW and at least 1 not good round. Its becoming a trend and I dont like it.

Agreed JB. It really looks like his iron game is in a good place, but the short game and especially putting just continues to be suspect. Maybe he should get Steve Stricker to look at it again like at the Presidents Cup.

That is good! Glad you were able to enjoy the moment with your son, cool stuff.

This was definitely a fun one to watch. Feel so bad for Furyk though.

Agreed JB. It really looks like his iron game is in a good place, but the short game and especially putting just continues to be suspect. Maybe he should get Steve Stricker to look at it again like at the Presidents Cup.

^this.

he needs to switch putters or do something different. It's obvious his confidence with the flatstick is significantly diminished from where it was years ago.

^this.

he needs to switch putters or do something different. It's obvious his confidence with the flatstick is significantly diminished from where it was years ago.
I also think part of the problem is his overall approach to the game. This week he should have been pin seeking much more than he did. He needs to give himself better/shorter looks at birdie to help build her confidence.

another big win for Cleveland/Srixon today.
way to go Keegan!

Hope I don't step on toes but here's Keegans WITB from the Cleveland Blog.

Driver: Cleveland Classic 290 9.0 with Miyazaki Kusala Indigo 61x

Fairway Wood: Cleveland Launcher 14 with Kusala Black 83x

Hybrid: Cleveland DST 2i (18.0) with Project X HB2

Hybrid: Cleveland Mashie Hybrid 3i (20.5) with Miyazaki C.Kua Hybrid 83x

Irons: Cleveland CG7 Tour with Dynamic Gold X-100 (+.5″)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 Forged Wedges 54 and 58 degrees with DGS400 (+.5″)

Srixon Z-Star Prototype

Hope I don't step on toes but here's Keegans WITB from the Cleveland Blog.

Driver: Cleveland Classic 290 9.0 with Miyazaki Kusala Indigo 61x

Fairway Wood: Cleveland Launcher 14 with Kusala Black 83x

Hybrid: Cleveland DST 2i (18.0) with Project X HB2

Hybrid: Cleveland Mashie Hybrid 3i (20.5) with Miyazaki C.Kua Hybrid 83x

Irons: Cleveland CG7 Tour with Dynamic Gold X-100 (+.5″)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 Forged Wedges 54 and 58 degrees with DGS400 (+.5″)

Srixon Z-Star Prototype

That DST hybrid was money. I still have a 1h around for windy days.

I got to be there first hand for this one. Volunteer at the course. when i was done with my shift I followed the last group from 16 on. Couldnt believe how it ended. I had a great time and was hoping for a playoff at least. It also seemed Furyk was in a little of a hurry the last few holes to

I got to be there first hand for this one. Volunteer at the course. when i was done with my shift I followed the last group from 16 on. Couldnt believe how it ended. I had a great time and was hoping for a playoff at least. It also seemed Furyk was in a little of a hurry the last few holes to

Furyk in a hurry.....it pains me to watch him play and all the ticks and routines he has before striking the ball. But he seems like a good guy none the less.

Wow. Furyk the choke artist at it again. Wth man? I wanted a playoff!

I still have trouble rooting for Keegan for some reason. All his little tics and mannerisms before he addresses the ball are so odd and sort of annoy me. Meh, a good tourney and a good finish all together.

Keegan comes up big for me fantasy wise. I actually don't root against the kid...I like the way he plays once his routine ends. At least he didn't summon the spit storm again.

Back