I wouldn't buy a dozen but would buy a sleeve to try. I know it would be way over priced for a golf ball but so is paying $7 for a beer when eating out. Try it once with the sleeve just to try it.

I cringe when I send a B330RX into a canyon so I'm definitely not the target demographic. I am interested in why $80.00 per dozen seemed like an appropriate pricepoint though (materials,tech,etc).

They would probably sell better if they were in a locked case with a armed guard. People be like "what, that has to be awesome".

Boom, you get that one for free XXIO.

I agree with the locked cabinet for sure. The salesperson told me they had been selling them for a short time and had sold a few dozen. It was certainly a conversation starter for those of us in line at checkout.

When you lose golf balls as much as I do, no thanks. The lake and woods monster terrorize me way too much for those

My Chrome Soft feel twice as good for half the price. Win/Win.

Too rich for my blood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone tried them yet? I almost did but then I thought about how slow the game would be when I was looking for one of these in the woods. Also how lucky the group behind me would be when they found it. At 80.00 dzn that's some high cotton. They didn't feel that good to me either. They have an almost light blue tint as well.

1b94870a09baa12c0e29cc0ebaf4f01d.jpg

Never heard of them.
As much as I hate to pay for Grade AAAAA Pro v1 and Pro v1x balls I can't even imagine paying that much for a DOZEN!!!! wow!

$80 for ONE dozen??? They can't be serious.

Why not? Premium shafts are $300. Shoes are over $200. There's a market for these or else they wouldn't have put the time, effort and resources into producing these.

Why not? Premium shafts are $300. Shoes are over $200. There's a market for these or else they wouldn't have put the time, effort and resources into producing these.

Agree completely.
What makes a $50 golf ball okay and $80 not? There is a market for them and based on sell in, they exceeded expectations already.

I wouldn't buy them even if I was a millionaire.

You're probably right, there is a market but at that price point that market will be pretty small. Yes they probably would have a huge margin on each dozen but how many dozen will they sell? Maybe the company doesn't care to make a profit or their thinking is to make a lot of money per sale on fewer sales rather than doing a lower profit margin on higher sales. So, I'm thinking their pricing process was based more on wishful thinking rather than reality. That's why I don't think $80 is a serious price point. Market forces will measure the success of their marketing philosophy soon enough.

Yeah, not for me. I wouldn't be surprised if these sell well in Japan. But dang, I have a hard time spending 40$ for a dozen.

Yeah, not for me. I wouldn't be surprised if these sell well in Japan. But dang, I have a hard time spending 40$ for a dozen.

So....you're not buying me a dozen???

Agree completely.
What makes a $50 golf ball okay and $80 not? There is a market for them and based on sell in, they exceeded expectations already.

I don't spend $50 a dozen either

Are the sales coming because their new, unique, or being sold only at upscale private clubs?

You're probably right, there is a market but at that price point that market will be pretty small. Yes they probably would have a huge margin on each dozen but how many dozen will they sell? Maybe the company doesn't care to make a profit or their thinking is to make a lot of money per sale on fewer sales rather than doing a lower profit margin on higher sales. So, I'm thinking their pricing process was based more on wishful thinking rather than reality. That's why I don't think $80 is a serious price point. Market forces will measure the success of their marketing philosophy soon enough.

Its absolutely a serious price point. Just as the rest of their line is. Its very high end equipment. Its also the #1 selling brand in Japan and that includes the high end lineup.

So what makes these golf balls different from a ProV1 or any other high end golf ball, besides price?

In theory that is really up to the user to decide. Kind of like saying what makes a Pro V1 different than a Chrome+? One is $50 and one came in at much cheaper. Nobody balked at the price of the higher priced Pro V1, when both were 3 piece urethane covered golf balls.

Now there is a more to a ball than that, but in general terms.

One lost ball would ruin my golf outing even if I could afford, and play these balls.
I don't care how much money I have, my mom and dad taught me to never piss money away.
Now, if they are that much better than other lesser expensive balls, that's not 'pissing money away'...

But, I'd bet many of the people playing these balls, if they were not marked, couldn't tell the difference b/w one of these and a Mojo.

I recall when I grew up playing ice hockey, there would always be the kid (in tryouts) who had the best equipment. He looked like the greatest player in the world in the dressing room, and walking out on to the ice...but once he hit the ice, you felt ripped off b/c you knew not only was he not going to help make the team better, but he wasn't even going to make the team.

$80 per dozen?
There's one born every minute....

Back