2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to what TC said, I will add on. I WANT to be here. Before the Morgan Cup, I wanted to be here. Yes, I am addicted.

Luckily for me, I work at home and am able to be online most of the day while still handling my real job. My wife is understanding and has her own hobbies but she understands (especially after attending the Morgan Cup with me) just how important the forum and that group of guys are to me. I guarantee you she has never seen guys bro hugging each other so much, these guys are like family to me....no BS.

I think that is the difficulty I have, to kind of follow up on Wes's question and your response. I am still relatively new here and still trying to make a name for myself. And the THP! thing is still a pretty new concept to Kelly. While she knows I am a busy guy, with my political activities and such, the whole "making golf buddies across the nation and on the net" is a new concept to her. I have sold her on the idea of coming to the 2013 Outing, and I have explained to her what the Morgan Cup is (she was actually watching the first tee intros with me the other night), but I don't think she knows what all it entails and how busy it would make me, IF I were to toss my name into the hat. It's something we would obviously have to have a discussion about, as "whipped" as that sounds. LOL.

This is a great conversation guys. I think you all have not only an important role doing your job for MC 2.0, but helping groom the next MC participants, for years down the road. These conversations help.

Jeff its not about being whipped buddy. It's an investment and should be discussed, hell I talked with my boss for an hour.

--
Tapatalk2

I think that is the difficulty I have, to kind of follow up on Wes's question and your response. I am still relatively new here and still trying to make a name for myself. And the THP! thing is still a pretty new concept to Kelly. While she knows I am a busy guy, with my political activities and such, the whole "making golf buddies across the nation and on the net" is a new concept to her. I have sold her on the idea of coming to the 2013 Outing, and I have explained to her what the Morgan Cup is (she was actually watching the first tee intros with me the other night), but I don't think she knows what all it entails and how busy it would make me, IF I were to toss my name into the hat. It's something we would obviously have to have a discussion about, as "whipped" as that sounds. LOL.

This is a great conversation guys. I think you all have not only an important role doing your job for MC 2.0, but helping groom the next MC participants, for years down the road. These conversations help.

I hear you Jeff as it is not just a "you" thing but it affects everyone in your household in most cases. Not just more (in some cases) forum time but also more time working on your game, it is a big longstanding commitment to the forum, your sponsor, and your fellow Morgan Cuppers. Is it worth it? Abso-freaking-lutely!!

My wife didn't understand until she got to Myrtle Beach and saw first hand. Now she is a member and is already planning her vacation schedule around the Tour Stops, Outing, and the next Morgan Cup.

Agreed Jeff, these conversations really do help out a lot!!

My wife is definitely on page with my THP! addiction. She knows about the outing next year and the MC and knows that I really want to be at both. She also knows that's why I push her to keep playing golf with me so she can enjoy as well.

Now back on topic to myself, can't wait to hear all the upcoming announcements on MC 3.0!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nothing wrong with having a discussion about it with your lady, dude. That is a smart thing to do. My wife understands what THP means to me, and is quite supportive of me doing my thing with the Florida Outings, THP Outing and Demo Day, and even understood why I wanted to go volunteer to help with the MC 2.0. I think the first thing you need to do before you make it to an outing or apply for the MC is talk it over with her, I know I do. However, my wife knows that Golf is my outlet from my everyday life, and knows its something that I am passionate about. She pushes me to play more often, and make myself better, because she knows it makes me happier.

Some awesome stuff in here guys. It really lets me into the mindset of the 2012 Morgan Cuppers. Well done.

My wife didn't understand until she got to Myrtle Beach and saw first hand. Now she is a member and is already planning her vacation schedule around the Tour Stops, Outing, and the next Morgan Cup.

I saw that and that is awesome. And Kelly would probably have the same reaction (maybe not join the forum, because she is not a big internet person), but I think she would get a kick out of the event, the camaraderie amongst the players and sponsors and being able to be around people that love golf as much as we do. Not to mention, the location of the event is a big selling point over Missouri. HA! I think that is why it's important for me to get her to the St. Louis outing, even if its just for the demo day, so she can meet some of my people and see what its all about.

And, right now I am unemployed, so I am poor with lots a free time. Hopefully in a year, I am poor with less free time (meaning I have a freaking job). So, I have to take that into consideration.

Nothing wrong with having a discussion about it with your lady, dude. That is a smart thing to do. My wife understands what THP means to me, and is quite supportive of me doing my thing with the Florida Outings, THP Outing and Demo Day, and even understood why I wanted to go volunteer to help with the MC 2.0. I think the first thing you need to do before you make it to an outing or apply for the MC is talk it over with her, I know I do. However, my wife knows that Golf is my outlet from my everyday life, and knows its something that I am passionate about. She pushes me to play more often, and make myself better, because she knows it makes me happier.

Absolutely. Kelly knows my addiction to golf and like you said, is very supportive of it and wants me to enjoy it as much as I can. She puts The Golf Channel on for the dog when we leave the house. Seriously. LOL. It's just going to be, finding that happy medium with me. Home life, job, THP! MC responsibilities (again, if I decide I am the guy to do this), and my other love which is political activism and being involved in my community. Golf is my escape, and I guess I just worry about it becoming less of an escape, and more like a full time job. Ya' know?

I saw that and that is awesome. And Kelly would probably have the same reaction (maybe not join the forum, because she is not a big internet person), but I think she would get a kick out of the event, the camaraderie amongst the players and sponsors and being able to be around people that love golf as much as we do. Not to mention, the location of the event is a big selling point over Missouri. HA! I think that is why it's important for me to get her to the St. Louis outing, even if its just for the demo day, so she can meet some of my people and see what its all about.

And, right now I am unemployed, so I am poor with lots a free time. Hopefully in a year, I am poor with less free time (meaning I have a freaking job). So, I have to take that into consideration.

The St. Louis outing would be a great start. The best part about the MC for me was meeting everyone and having this instant friendship with people who have the same interests and a common goal. It is a huge bonus that it has peaked my wife's interest in the game. Now we need to set some ground rules for time on THP so we don't ignore the kids. :smile:

I've been reading along with this thread from work. Good stuff from a lot of people for sure. I'll try to remember to add my thoughts when I get home.

Some awesome stuff in here guys. It really lets me into the mindset of the 2012 Morgan Cuppers. Well done.

Seriously, I was just thinking this, some crazy good, genuine, and constructive stuff in here. I love it.

The St. Louis outing would be a great start. The best part about the MC for me was meeting everyone and having this instant friendship with people who have the same interests and a common goal. It is a huge bonus that it has peaked my wife's interest in the game. Now we need to set some ground rules for time on THP so we don't ignore the kids. :smile:

HA! Well, luckily for us, we have no kids, other than the fuzzy children. Yeah, getting her to St. Louis to meet Josh, Morgan and the rest of the local THP members is a big priority. I talk about THP, she knows I have a shirt, and a hat, am testing a wedge, and won some shafts, but I don't think she really knows what its about and how some of these members have become good friends. That's why it was pretty cool that she sat and watched the MC First Tee videos with me the other day. She got pretty curious after hearing Cookie get called Senor Tampon and me busting out laughing. LOL.

HA! Well, luckily for us, we have no kids, other than the fuzzy children. Yeah, getting her to St. Louis to meet Josh, Morgan and the rest of the local THP members is a big priority. I talk about THP, she knows I have a shirt, and a hat, am testing a wedge, and won some shafts, but I don't think she really knows what its about and how some of these members have become good friends. That's why it was pretty cool that she sat and watched the MC First Tee videos with me the other day. She got pretty curious after hearing Cookie get called Senor Tampon and me busting out laughing. LOL.

That is great that your wife watched those with you. It was funny seeing my wife's reaction in person to those and I had to answer a few questions after the fact to fill her in. I was asked where the tampon name came from first.

That is great that your wife watched those with you. It was funny seeing my wife's reaction in person to those and I had to answer a few questions after the fact to fill her in. I was asked where the tampon name came from first.

I could figure a few of them out. Most of them, I had no clue, so I had no idea what to tell her. It's funny. I imagined myself standing on the tee, and what would be said about me. I couldn't come up with anything, though I am sure some could for me. :act-up:

You mean, like how we are ignoring the kids right now, and they are running mad all around the house instead of going to bed!!

I could figure a few of them out. Most of them, I had no clue, so I had no idea what to tell her. It's funny. I imagined myself standing on the tee, and what would be said about me. I couldn't come up with anything, though I am sure some could for me. :act-up:

From what I understand GG held back. Next year I am sure Josh will be on the mic and all heck will break loose.

You mean, like how we are ignoring the kids right now, and they are running mad all around the house instead of going to bed!!

I sure as hell miss you two!

On second thought.....not sure I like having you on THP.....:banghead:

I really think this year its gonna be really difficult to get in.... i think theres gonna be a TON of entries. but i'm really looking forward to trying to get a spot this year. i feel like my game is better than ever been and i love the camaraderie that you guys have supporting each other and repping your sponsors. Theres something special about his forum that some people never see because they don't make it out to the get togethers, Tour Van stops and the Outing.... i think if people just made it out to any one of them they would know just how amazing this place really is and the people that make it great.... i really think everyone this year really did an amazing job all around with everything, Anyone of you that wants to come back i think should go for it and if i get picked id love to tee it up with you! Really looking forward to seeing how all of this rolls out down the road, after i enjoy this years coverage of course!!!

On second thought.....not sure I like having you on THP.....:banghead:

Lol.
Erik, I think our wives were more of a hit than we were last weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back