Green Fees for Outings

While I think some folks say they would pay upwards of $50 for a round on a nice course, having planned a few of the regional get togethers I will say that when we've picked courses with higher than $50 including cart we've had extremely low turnout or had to cancel the get together.

Example, first get together I planned was in Boston area. Stowe Acres was the course decided on and it was $65 including cart. We to cancel because when it came time to set up tee times only 3 of us were ready to actually show up vs the 25+ who said "we're coming". Reason for last minute plan changes was price of round.

I think the price point of $35-50 is the break point for these things. It allows a weekend of golf with THPers to cost out around $250-400 for room/2 rounds of golf/food & depending on how far you come gas.

Just the .02 of a multi get together planner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the most I've ever paid was $150 to play Burnt Pines in Sandestin. It was nice. I played solo on a weekday morning and think the only person I saw all day was the drink cart girl. I've played some nicer tracks (Poipu Bay, Kapalua, Harbor Town) but they were part of some awards trips I won through work. I'll cough up $60-$70 if it's a nice course but like to keep it $40 or under. That's not hard to do around here and stil play a decent track. For the dues at the club I belong to, it works out to under $30/round w. cart.

I am just used to paying $50 minimum for the courses around me so thats a good starting point. Paid $105 a few weeks ago at a course in Maryland and it was a nice layout but in bad shape, thats when I get pissed. If I am going to spend good money at least keep your course up.

I am just used to paying $50 minimum for the courses around me so thats a good starting point. Paid $105 a few weeks ago at a course in Maryland and it was a nice layout but in bad shape, thats when I get pissed. If I am going to spend good money at least keep your course up.

There is nothing more frustrating than paying top dollar for a less than top dollar experience. Whether that be thanks to poor conditioning, poor service/management, or just a crappy course.

With all the get togethers, outings and golf events going on not just here at THP but in your local areas. What do you consider an acceptable green fee for each round? Myself I would prefer the rounds to be under $50 each but will pay more depending on the event.

Mike

I would love for a round of golf to be under 50.00, but seldom do you play a really nice course for under 50.00. If it can stay under 75.00, I'm fine with that. And once in a while I'll pay a bit more for a top notch course! It is always nice though when we get deals like we did at Whiskey Creek a couple weeks back!

What course was that Vince?

Our Sunday group never plays a second rate course and because of that I don't mind the fees we pay. I would say we average about $55.00 a round and you all are always looking for deals. The Whiskey Creek deal was exceptional and the course is in great shape. Since I'm a senior and get better rates I bring my fees average price down by playing during the week where my fees are usually around $25 a round on the same courses, well maybe not Whiskey but the others.

Mike

I would love for a round of golf to be under 50.00, but seldom do you play a really nice course for under 50.00. If it can stay under 75.00, I'm fine with that. And once in a while I'll pay a bit more for a top notch course! It is always nice though when we get deals like we did at Whiskey Creek a couple weeks back!

I think a lot of what I am willing to pay depends largely on the charity I'll be supporting in the outing amd the quality of the course. For instance, I'm playing in an outing next Monday for the Wounded Warriors project at a semi private couse, and the fees are pretty much double what I would mormally pay to play anywhere else, but I justify by the charity and the course. Just my two cents.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

What is eye-opening if you do not regularly pay green fees over $60 (that would be me), is that at around $80, you will find the courses a lot less congested. Less waiting, less folks pushing from behind, good conditions.

Of course, it also depends on the area of the country where you want to play and the time of year. (Palm Springs courses that go for $25/round now in the swelter of summer go back to $125/round in mid-Winter.)

For a special occasion, I'll pay the extra $$ to get out and get around without a lot of waiting around. A THP-related outing is, for me, a special occasion (and I'll convince my dad to go along too, as extra cover).

I like to keep it under 30 for most away rounds. I belong to a private club so I prefer to play there for free (ha).

I usually am paying about $22 to play an 18 of twilight at a cheaper city course or about $33 to play a round on the weekend in the morning. The nicer public out of town courses that can be anywhere from 10 minutes to 1 1/2 hours outside the city are usually between $27 to $45 plus the $15-20 for the cart if we decide to ride. The nicest in the city course is a nice 9 hole that charges $20 for a 9 and $15 for a second 9 but we always just play the first 9.

My local courses are creeping up to around $37-$38 per round. I can drive over the hill and play an RTJ course for $42. Much nicer. Not as crowded and they actually have beer cart girls that run around selling refreshments...

I will pay up to 60 on a fantastic course , usually the Canongate courses around Atlanta about once a month. But my regular course is only $24 w/cart for a great course . It is in the middle of nowhere but i live in the middle of nowhere so it works out great .

I work for my home courses park district, so I play $5 rounds including cart :) so I can splurge when I leave town, I have no problem paying 80 to 100 for a top rated course in great condition, but usually stay in the 40 to 60 range when I venture away from home. And for my home course being a public park district course, it's one of the best kept courses I have come across

Dan

Sent via my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

I have an opportunity to play The Ocean Club in the Bahamas in November while I'm down there for my wedding. This is where they held The Big Break Atlantis. The green fees are $225. Is it worth it? Would you guys pay this given the opportunity to play there? I think it's ridiculously steep but I'm considering it anyways.
If it were my wedding, yes. Another good memory for that event. Golf in the Bahamas has been expensive for years. It will not be Pebble or Pinehurst, .)but it will be good golf. I have a cousin who lives there & keeps me up to date.

I was willing to shell out the big bucks for Torrey Pines(was closed for my trip). I have spent $150 - $275 in Vegas. Some worth it, some not. For local rounds, $40 would be a bit high on the public tracks. If it is for a charity thing, I have done $250 for great charity & great course.

Whether it is an outing or simply me going somewhere to golf with my Dad or something, green fees never bother me. I've played a few courses that cost $50 that weren't worth it, but they are few and far between. I've also played courses that cost $80 for 18 with a cart, and thought the price was very reasonable given the course. I'm probably a minority here, but I just don't care what the green fees are. It also helps that I almost never play outside my home course, so I only pay green fees maybe 4 times per year.

I'm more likely to be discouraged by travel costs than anything. Example, I'd probably pay 200 or 300 or whatever it costs to play courses like Pebble Beach. But I'm not going to spend $600 on the round trip travel cost to get there.

~Rock

around my area all of the nicer courses are $80+ most of the time. there are some more inexpensive courses that will still run $45-$50+
I prefer playing twilight to keep the costs down when not playing on my home course but if it's an outing I don't mind paying the $75 or whatever.

Back