Cleveland Mashie Fairway Wood Review

Interesting Jman, for me I need to be able to hit my 3 wood off the deck. Its the only reason the Razr FIT 3 wood isn't in my bag any more. I murdered that thing off the tee, I just couldn't hit it off the deck. My Burner 2.0 3 wood can do both, and I'm really hoping that the Mashie 3 wood is the same but easier to hit and longer.

It will be, you'll love it off the deck. Don't get me wrong I can hit mine off the deck and without fear, its just not what I bagged it for. I hadn't found a fairway that fit my eye as well as the Mashie before, plus, the sound is down right addicting to me.

I used this a few times today and got some range time with it. It's a good club off the deck and I was seeing a little higher trajectory, just at the top of the tree line. I totally shanked one as well, but hit a couple that left me thinking it was a great idea to switch. I don't have the confidence I do with the Heavy 5W, but I think I can get there.

These are definitely clubs that will not be coming out of my Morgan Cup bag anytime soon. There is just no way it could happen right now. I have hit every FW out this year I believe and nothing comes close for me in overall performance.

These are definitely clubs that will not be coming out of my Morgan Cup bag anytime soon. There is just no way it could happen right now. I have hit every FW out this year I believe and nothing comes close for me in overall performance.

I will second this but add the whole Mashie Hybo line as well.

I just want to say I absolutely SMASHED the F3 today. I mean smashed. I hit it low when I wanted to in a wind directly in our face and was able to get more height on it also just by playing with ball position. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss a fairway with it off the tee and I probably hit it 7 or 8 times I'd say. I'm now thinking about switching out my 2 hybrid for the 5 wood. That's how damn good these FW are.

Thats awesome Bahester.

Watching JB hitting these at the MC made me really want to add at least one into my bag. He was crushing them.

Thats awesome Bahester.

Watching JB hitting these at the MC made me really want to add at least one into my bag. He was crushing them.

Dude, I wish I would've gotten some yardage on a couple of them. I think if I can get a shaft that has similar characteristics to the stock, but is just maybe 10-15 grams heavier this club will be in my bag for a LONG time. It's freakishly good.

Dude, I wish I would've gotten some yardage on a couple of them. I think if I can get a shaft that has similar characteristics to the stock, but is just maybe 10-15 grams heavier this club will be in my bag for a LONG time. It's freakishly good.

83 gram C. kua

--
Tapatalk2

Talk to AryD, he upgraded his shafts and murders that mashie.

83 gram C. kua

--
Tapatalk2

Talk to AryD, he upgraded his shafts and murders that mashie.

Boom, sweet. I'm going to give Ary a shout and see if I can find one of those bad boys laying around. The stock shaft in these is very good, I like how it plays a lot I just need a tad bit heavier.

I just got mine in the mail today.... super excited to take it out tomorrow morning. Only upsetting thing is Golfsmith put the M2 headcover on it, so i'm a little annoyed haha

Threw the F3 14 in the bag yesterday for a reunion round. It was nice to see there were no hard feelings. 2nd hole is a par 5 that haven't reached all year. I hit a good drive and pulled out the f3 from the fairway. Nice smooth swing and the ball just seemed to explode off the face. I figured I had to be in front of the green side bunker. When I got up to the green the ball was over the back. I was shocked. Fast forward to the 2nd par 5 and I am facing 215 with a 60 foot incline to the green. Mashie time and boom, eagle putt coming. Off the tee I hit 3/4 fairways with it. Man I was happy to have this back in the bag.

ddec hitting par 5's in two tells you all you need to know.

I don't appreciate him making a fellow short knocker look bad. In thatclub, we hit par 5's in three or four.

I just want to say I absolutely SMASHED the F3 today. I mean smashed. I hit it low when I wanted to in a wind directly in our face and was able to get more height on it also just by playing with ball position. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss a fairway with it off the tee and I probably hit it 7 or 8 times I'd say. I'm now thinking about switching out my 2 hybrid for the 5 wood. That's how damn good these FW are.

The 5w has my attention as well

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

ddec hitting par 5's in two tells you all you need to know.

Means I'm playing from the red tees haha

I had a good look at one today from 240, but 210 to the front so I tried it. Sure enough I swung out of my shoes and the ball went about 50 yards. Clearly the clubs fault! Used it off the tee twice this morning and hit the fairway both times. Welcome back to my bag mashie!

That's great that you put it back in the bag and hit bombs with it Ddec. I'm telling you man, the F5 is where it's at though.

That's great that you put it back in the bag and hit bombs with it Ddec. I'm telling you man, the F5 is where it's at though.

It's being pondered. That and the f7

It's being pondered. That and the f7

Rightly so dude. The F5 is my absolute favorite. My only complaint is that sometimes I hit it too far. Yeah, I said it. It's my consistent 225-230 club but every now and then I'll bust one 245 or so and I hit it through dog legs or fairways.

Rightly so dude. The F5 is my absolute favorite. My only complaint is that sometimes I hit it too far. Yeah, I said it. It's my consistent 225-230 club but every now and then I'll bust one 245 or so and I hit it through dog legs or fairways.

I'm looking at either the f5,f7 or j40 2 hybrid.

Hoard them all buddy!

Back