Taylormade Daddy Long Legs

TMAdidas

Reaction score
Handicap
Here's Taylormade's new putter line:

Daddy Long Legs: http://taylormadegolf.com/TaylorMade/Daddy-Long-Legs/DW-JN983,en_US,pd.html?start=1&cgid=taylormade-putters

TMadeDaddyLongLegs_r640.jpg

Spider Blade: http://taylormadegolf.com/TaylorMade/Spider-Blade/DW-JN966,en_US,pd.html?start=2&cgid=taylormade-putters

TaylorMade-Spider-Blade_640x_r640.jpg

Spider Slant: http://taylormadegolf.com/TaylorMade/Spider-Blade-Slant/DW-JN968,en_US,pd.html?start=3&cgid=taylormade-putters

JN968_medium.jpg

They start shipping June 1st. Look really cool and boast a new, 25% more MOI than the Spider S.

Slightly more appealing to the eye than the Spider, but still atrocious IMO.

Slightly more appealing to the eye than the Spider, but still atrocious IMO.

I agree. That was why I went with the corza ghost since it was easy to look at.

I agree. That was why I went with the corza ghost since it was easy to look at.
The blade isn't bad, but talk about biting your design off of Odyssey...

The DLL is TaylorMade's version of backweighting.

These are definitely different, but I like the look of them a lot. These are some cool looking putters IMO. I can totally see myself using the DLL.

The blade isn't bad, but talk about biting your design off of Odyssey...

I'm going to resist turning this thread into the last Spider Blade preview thread.

I'll stick with Odyssey me thinks. Putters are one area where I need to enjoy staring at the head.

I'm not a huge fan of this one.

TaylorMade doesn't make putters that interest me.

Oh hi odyssey tank how are you?

I would take that over the Spyder/Daddy Long Legs/Australian Huntsman/Starship thingy at the top of this thread hahahha

I really dont like white putters, just looks so plastic fantastic.lol

wow taylormade seems to just come out with everything that odyssey already did this year. the daddy long legs really takes the cake though...i kinda see the tank as a nitch putter more than anything else although it could take off, the fact that they copied that as well is comical. i do like the looks of the slant and blade though, but i want to see the finish in person.

If they work, go for them...for me...too busy.

Im still gaming the original TMaG Ghost Spider and love it.

Realy liking the look of the DLL and may have to go take a look at this one to see how much they have progressed the feel of the putter from the Ghost Spider/Spider S.

For me, there are two putter styles that I absolutely love, and those are; Odyssey #7 and TM Spider.

I love the looks of the DLL. Not crazy about the white/black combo, but I really like the design. Nice progression on the spider line, I do believe.

This is ridiculous. Are these two companies having a hard time coming up with new original things? Odyssey does it with the Versa and now look who releases a white black model very similar a few months later. And the concept behind DLL is very interestingly already in the Tank. Odyssey wins the putter battle. TM, please come up with something new.

THPing on Tapatalk

This is ridiculous. Are these two companies having a hard time coming up with new original things? Odyssey does it with the Versa and now look who releases a white black model very similar a few months later. And the concept behind DLL is very interestingly already in the Tank. Odyssey wins the putter battle. TM, please come up with something new.

THPing on Tapatalk

I forgot that companies in golf dont copy each other... ever.

I really haven't yet wanted anything to do with a white putter, but this actually doesn't look that bad. Not entirely sure that I'd game it, but I'd be interested in rolling it at the very least.

Last edited:
I can't think of another example as blatant as this one.

THPing on Tapatalk

Callaway's entire new marketing strategy is a carbon copy of TaylorMade's (shouldn't be a surprise, as Harry came from TM). Hell, they even painted some of their Razr X Blacks white and are selling them as Razr X Whites!

Meh, the copying thing isn't an issue to me. It's the way the industry works. What will be interesting is if offers a similar level of performance without sacrificing feel. At least that's what I'm most curious about. On a personal level, I've never been a huge Spider guy. I'd give it some rolls though.

I really haven't yet wanted anything to do with a white putter, but this actually doesn't look that bad. Doubt I'd game it, but I'd be interested in rolling it at the very least.

*shrug*

Look at you being a putter ho

Back