COBRA AMP Driver & Fairway Woods

Not on the launch monitor, but did hit them side by side. I very much liked the AMP over the Encore. Both in sound and performance. The Encore launched too high too quickly for me.

I have heard this from numerous Cobra players locally, they push Cobra big time at my home course and they all thought it was better than the Encore.

I just got my first looks at the AMP in person and let me say I am a HUGE UT fan and love the color orange but man those grips and things are just horrid looking

Would that Franklin stand for Franklin county, Franklin51?

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

In theory, I hate this club based on looks. Then I saw it in person and I think if I replaced the grip, I'd be pretty happy with this club. Haven't had a chance to actually swing it, but it passes the waggle test (that's what she said!) and I wanna give it a try (she said that too!).

The hybrid is pretty sassy, too.

Would that Franklin stand for Franklin county, Franklin51?

My last name is Franklin and 51 is my racecar number. Thats how I get Franklin51

Not sure about the orange though. Kind of makes it look cheap.

I saw this driver in GG today and gave it a t***y twister from TC. :beat-up:

I saw this driver in GG today and gave it a t***y twister from TC. :beat-up:

should have given it a bro hug from me

haha damn I forgot you and the AMP's were tight like that

we tight. I give chest bumps to i20's though. We tighter haha

any good news on the baffler?

My last name is Franklin and 51 is my racecar number. Thats how I get Franklin51

Oh. You said you were a big UT fan so I thought maybe Franklin County Tennessee. Just ASS-U-MEd.

I hit this driver today, mostly for S*** and giggles, and was shocked at how much I liked it. I hit a 9.5 head with the stock S staff, and it felt good, but wasn't getting a great ball flight. The Cobra rep handed me a 9.5 with the stock X flex, and WOW. I was crushing them straight with an awesome boring ball flight. I hit just about ever new driver on the market today, and this one was easily the best. The driver had a very solid feel on impact, it was a little light on feedback, but still felt great. I seriously don't think I hit one more than 15 yards offline, and the majority of the shots were within 5 yards of center. If I can hit it again with the same head/shaft combo, and get the same results I may have to start hunting for a deal.

As far as looks go, I definitely would prefer something on the quieter side, but it actually looks pretty good at address. I don't notice the stupid orange grip at address, and I kinda like the Gray crown with black face, achieves the same effect as the TM driver's without being quiet as in your face. The sole is hideous, and I would probably lose the orange grip, but its not as bad as I originally thought. Pounding the ball the way I did today with this driver can make any club look good.

Cobra Amp Fairway Woods - Does Anyone Game Them

Cobra Amp Fairway Woods - Does Anyone Game Them

Was wondering if anyone out there has tested them out or uses them.

Thanks!

Merged with a pretty large thread on the subject with some good feedback. Hope this helps.

JB,

Thanks!

Hanks,

Great! Thanks for the links. I'll read up. I hit my friends 4 wood today. It was pretty sweet feeling. Shaft / Head felt great. It got me interested. LOL - My friend got rid of the grip right away. Hated it.

I ordered a Cobra AMP 4 wood this week. I love my Cobra ZL driver, so I expect the 4 wood to be solid, as well.

Golfsmith and The Golf Warehouse have them priced around $120 right now.

Was wondering if anyone out there has tested them out or uses them.

Thanks!

I have been using a 3w w/ a stiff shaft for the last 7 or so rounds. So far so good. Very consistent ball flight and spray. TBH, i haven't really tried to work the ball much with it. I am using it mainly to keep my tee shots controlled down the middle and maybe once or twice off the deck.

Back