Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

Page 100!!!

Find myself daydreaming about both these courses pretty much every day.... can't wait

Truth. I think about this event a lot. Wilson Staff, Lamkin Grips, KBS and Bridgestone. What a great group of companies being represented by an even greater group of THPers.

A pearl from my lesson yesterday. Anyone can exercise on the range. Meaning just beating balls. Go there with a purpose. To make golf shots. Mentally be in it. For swing work do block training. Meaning work a club for several balls then move to the next club. Other times do progressive work, a different club on every shot. Either way work the entire swing. From routine through follow through. Home your visualization skills at the same time.

About the only thing Dev says more than "Sweep the leg" is "Practice with purpose". I think he might be on to something there. :D

About the only thing Dev says more than "Sweep the leg" is "Practice with purpose". I think he might be on to something there. :D

Practicing with purpose, is so rewarding when you see the payoff of all the hard work.

Can't wait to follow your journey.

If you are like me, and don't have a driving range, you learn to be more focused when hitting balls anyways. I go out to our widest, flattest fairway with a shag bag, dump about 15-20 balls on the ground, hit them, pick them up, repeat.

Whenever I do that, I find I'm focusing way more on every swing and whatever I'm working on, just because I have to deal with the hassle of collecting all the balls after I hit them.

~Rock

If you are like me, and don't have a driving range, you learn to be more focused when hitting balls anyways. I go out to our widest, flattest fairway with a shag bag, dump about 15-20 balls on the ground, hit them, pick them up, repeat.

Whenever I do that, I find I'm focusing way more on every swing and whatever I'm working on, just because I have to deal with the hassle of collecting all the balls after I hit them.

~Rock

that is incredible incentive to get them in the same target zone!

that is incredible incentive to get them in the same target zone!

Yea, it can get a little crazy when I'm hitting driver. Then I usually only hit about 10 at a time, just due to the sheer risk of losing too many shag balls. They tend to be further apart when hitting the driver (which goes to show I need to work on that).

~Rock

The other nugget that I've really found valuable recently is to move slow and loose. For example, I'll hit a mid-iron with a much slower swing move and I don't care about distance. I want to make sure the mechanics are sound from beginning to end and that I'm putting the ball on my desired line.
So much this. I struggle so hard with it.

What kills me is I'll slow down my swing almost to the point of a knockdown and hit the ball just as far as when I'm trying to kill it. The worst thing I can do is think "I have to hit this far", but dang I end up thinking that just about every time.

Hey fellas some of these range updates and tips would probably be better suited for the range and practice thread we have so that more people have visibility to it.

The recent snow has forced me back inside but I'm sure the Bridgestone, KBS, and Lamkin appreciate the extra web hits I have been giving them.

Trophy presentation is 4 months from today. I am working on my gut for the celebration pictures. Considering some teeth whitening.

Trophy presentation is 4 months from today. I am working on my gut for the celebration pictures. Considering some teeth whitening.

I was thinking I mid riff shirt for the celebration pictures, but I don't want to disturb the natural glory of the 'small guys beer gut.'

~Rock

~Rock

This was me in college on our driving range. If I could not find the ball it was less to hit. Working on the wedge game at school during my planing period with the same structure. It is amazing how I do not thin a wedge when I know it could hit the school. Foreeeeeeeee in the math wing

Just stand next to me brother, my job in life is to make people look good. :D

We just need to keep on getting on. Focus on what we can control, and what will make our legacy stronger.

For everyone:

what at is the one thing you look forward most to once we assemble in Myrtle Beach?

For or me it's getting to see my buddies again, and meeting everyone that I haven't met. Sharing some laughs and feeling the anticipation of competition.

I am dying to see the courses that I've read about non-stop and watched coverage of for the last couple years. I can't wait to see, touch, and experience what it's like to have a 14 club sponsorship from an awesome company like Wilson Staff. Mostly I just love the atmosphere at THP events and I can't wait to experience that again. A bunch of guys from completely different parts of the continent from all different walks of life come together for a few days of fellowship, fun, and golf. I've only been to one Event in the past but that experience was so great and looking back I have just as many awesome memories from off the course as I do from on.

We just need to keep on getting on. Focus on what we can control, and what will make our legacy stronger.

For everyone:

what at is the one thing you look forward most to once we assemble in Myrtle Beach?

For or me it's getting to see my buddies again, and meeting everyone that I haven't met. Sharing some laughs and feeling the anticipation of competition.

For me it will be the comradery felt with my team and with my fellow competitors. This event will just be that special for us all.

Sharing golf with THPers. I cant wait for the competition, but its the late evening chats where a lot of great memories will be made.

~Rock

I am not sure what I am looking forward to the most. I think the journey on this one is going to be powerful for me. Add in the fact that I get to spend an extended weekend with THPers and my teammates, and there is a lot to soak in. Now add in the OEMs, equipment and those amazing golf courses, and it's too much to think about.

I look forward to standing on the first tee confident in the fact that I put in the work and didn't take any shortcuts or cheat myself in my preparation. To knowing that I am in command of my body and my game.

I am not sure what I am looking forward to the most. I think the journey on this one is going to be powerful for me. Add in the fact that I get to spend an extended weekend with THPers and my teammates, and there is a lot to soak in. Now add in the OEMs, equipment and those amazing golf courses, and it's too much to think about.

I look forward to standing on the first tee confident in the fact that I put in the work and didn't take any shortcuts or cheat myself in my preparation. To knowing that I am in command of my body and my game.
I like it dude! But I'm not sure you're going to be in total control of the nerves or the emotional rush. And that's a good thing. Something as powerful as an event like this should touch the sole. It makes a longer lasting impression.

For me it will be the comradery felt with my team and with my fellow competitors. This event will just be that special for us all.
I like it dude! Competitors for only 54ish holes. Other than that we're all on the same team. WINNING

For everyone:

So much stuff, but if I had to single out one specific thing, it would be that first Friday night dinner when we're all together, and then the pairing announcement. I get giddy just thinking about it. Well that... and our victory celebration on that Sunday. :banana:

Back