British Open Championship [Spoilers]

They mentioned how he was peddling those pants all over Scotland. Bet they think he is a joke as well.

like a chain smoking clown!!!

he looked ridiculous today. his blue hat and blue vest completely clashed with each other.

like a chain smoking clown!!!

he looked ridiculous today. his blue hat and blue vest completely clashed with each other.

I think that's the point, at least for him.

true that! he's actually doing quite well in his post round interview. i'm not so sure i enjoy seeing guys rip up st. andrews. where's some wind or something?

They mentioned how he was peddling those pants all over Scotland. Bet they think he is a joke as well.

Slow greens. All the players have talked about it being slow greens. Mark my words, Daly will blow up somehwere.

Besides every tournament needs a villian, and since he is a true piece of trash in every sense of hte way, it would be perfect.

Good morning guys/girls! Happy Open Day! Anyone's picks doing well so far?

Slow greens. All the players have talked about it being slow greens. Mark my words, Daly will blow up somehwere.

Besides every tournament needs a villian, and since he is a true piece of trash in every sense of hte way, it would be perfect.

Daly blow up? That's going out on a limb! Lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

What a first day so far. Weather may get interesting this afternoon, but I'm hoping for some good scores today, then some testing conditions to ruin them over the next couple!

We have a rocco sighting!

Just found out that ESPN has blocked live streaming of The Open on the iphone app in the US. :angry::pissed-off:

If you want to watch live streaming action of The Open on ESPN3 and you aren't on one of the ESPN affiliated internet providers you are out of luck. If you want to watch live streaming action on your iphone, you have to download MobiTV app (free) you have to purchase a monthly access subscription ($9.99).

Which is as far as I'm concerned, since I'm going to use my dvr to record what I'm going to miss when I go to work, not worth it.

ESPN sucks...

That sucks. I bet if Lebron was at the Open they'd allow the feed
Just found out that ESPN has blocked live streaming of The Open on the iphone app in the US. :angry::pissed-off:

If you want to watch live streaming action of The Open on ESPN3 and you aren't on one of the ESPN affiliated internet providers or you want to watch live streaming action on your iphone, you have to download MobiTV app (free) you have to purchase a monthly access subscription ($9.99).

Which is as far as I'm concerned, since I'm going to use my dvr to record what I'm going to miss when I go to work, not worth it. ESPN sucks...

man, mcilroy's tearing it up. he could easily post 10 under.

I took, Paddy, Tiger, Rose, and Cink. I started to take McIlroy, so he'll do well. Seems like the guys I debate over and then don't choose do well.

Though if things don't get tougher, my winning score may be a tad to low, considering how Mcilroy is almsost there already :laughing:

Harrington has 2 drivers in his bag today. 1 to fade, 1 to draw.

Harrington has 2 drivers in his bag today. 1 to fade, 1 to draw.

Wait, wasnt this the same tactic that Phil used and was called a buffoon and an idiot? hehe

Paddy is very smart with his equipment and knows that if it does get windy, it could be a great thing to have. Of course right now there is virtually no wind and the greens are soft.

The live Protracer tracking of the tee shots off of the 17th tee is REALLY cool.

McIlroy is in the fairway of the 17th hole as the leader at -8. Tiger is in the fairway on the par-5 14th at -5 after rolling in a nice long putt at the 13th for birdie.

TW looks sharp today. Both irons and putter.

Wait, wasnt this the same tactic that Phil used and was called a buffoon and an idiot? hehe

Paddy is very smart with his equipment and knows that if it does get windy, it could be a great thing to have. Of course right now there is virtually no wind and the greens are soft.

Exactly, yeah!

This is one course where 2 drivers and 1 wedge might just be a better option than 1 driver and 2 wedges. Paired with the fact that you really need to hit it left all the way down the front 9, and the back 9 depends on the wind - if he goes well, it's genius. If not, idiot again! :D

TW looks sharp today. Both irons and putter.

His swing looks awesome today. Very smooth and he's having some good banter with Rose out there. Could be dangerous!

His swing looks awesome today. Very smooth and he's having some good banter with Rose out there. Could be dangerous!

I think as we are seeing everybody going off early today (mostly anyway) looks pretty sharp. There is no wind and the greens look like the same speed as the John Deere.

I can't wait till the weather gets worse, they're having too much fun out there this morning.

Perfect, I pulled McIlroy off my contest foresome at the last minute and of COURSE he's going to have a great tourny. Looks great today.

McIlroy just hit the most unbelievable approach on 17. I haven't seen many better shots played there, even from the fairway. Surely 9 under and new course record looking likely!

Rory McIlroy with another great shot, hits it to 5 feet on the Road Hole! If he birdies 17 and 18, he shoots 62, the best round EVER in a major.

EDIT: He lips the putt out, taps in for par, needs birdie on the last for 63.

McIlroy missed his birdie putt! Still, 3 on 18 gives him a share of the course record.

Back