The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

I know you aren't a fan of the KLove move Josh, but that move is what has them in this position right now. If they keep wiggins they have a very young team with not many expecting them to even compete for the East. The expectations would be a lot lower to start the season. So a slow start wouldn't have triggered the urge to make huge moves which imo have set up the Cavs to be a monster force in the east for years to come. If they resign all their big pieces, which I have no doubt Dan Gilbert will dip into the luxury tax to do so, the Cavs will be favorites to win the east year in and year out. Love put up numbers that would have lead most teams in scoring and rebounding and he did it as our third piece. He got better defensively and if anyone says he didn't they haven't watched any Cavs games past the all star break. The move made sense at the time and I would do it again in a heart beat.

Will Love resign? I don't think he will take his player option. I think he will opt out. But I don't think he's leaving Cleveland. He can make another $3mil by opting out and resigning a contract similar to the one LBJ signed last July which will set the both of them up for monster pay days in the summer of 2016

I know you aren't a fan of the KLove move Josh, but that move is what has them in this position right now. If they keep wiggins they have a very young team with not many expecting them to even compete for the East. The expectations would be a lot lower to start the season. So a slow start wouldn't have triggered the urge to make huge moves which imo have set up the Cavs to be a monster force in the east for years to come. If they resign all their big pieces, which I have no doubt Dan Gilbert will dip into the luxury tax to do so, the Cavs will be favorites to win the east year in and year out. Love put up numbers that would have lead most teams in scoring and rebounding and he did it as our third piece. He got better defensively and if anyone says he didn't they haven't watched any Cavs games past the all star break. The move made sense at the time and I would do it again in a heart beat.

Will Love resign? I don't think he will take his player option. I think he will opt out. But I don't think he's leaving Cleveland. He can make another $3mil by opting out and resigning a contract similar to the one LBJ signed last July which will set the both of them up for monster pay days in the summer of 2016

I began reading this semi-disagreeing with you, but once I got to the bold line I got on board. I think we still would have been good and would have easily made the playoffs in the east, but the trades for Mosgov and Shumpert/Smith were HUGE for the success we've had so far.

Minnesota gets the #1 pick next year, would expect Karl-Anthony Towns to end up there. Lakers get the #2 pick, it's going to make me ill to see Jahlil Okafor in a Lakers jersey, but Kobe gets some young talent to make one more run next year. Sixers get the #3 pick, Knicks fall to the #4 pick.

Josh Smith shows how good he can be sometimes. I've been really impressed with him lately.

This is going to be one of those series where I'm frustrated the whole time and if the Rockets manage a win it feels like stealing

I would love to see Cavs vs Warriors.

Geez Sixers with the 3rd pick. They basically centered the whole season on trying for that 1st. I'm wondering how the GM's master plan now changes for this season.

We match up better with Houston but I think golden state woukd be more fun to watch
Agreed. Think it would be fun to see Steph, LeBron, Kyrie (even hurt) would be a lot of fun

We match up better with Houston but I think golden state woukd be more fun to watch
Agreed. As long as they can stop Harden they are good. But cavs Vs warriors would be a great finals

Geez Sixers with the 3rd pick. They basically centered the whole season on trying for that 1st. I'm wondering how the GM's master plan now changes for this season.

In a strange way, I think #3 works well for them. They don't have to try to figure out how to fit Okafor or Towns into a team that already has Noel and Embiid on the roster. Of course, with the way that Philly's GM works, they would probably have traded one of the big men on their roster for draft picks down the road if Towns/Okafor was available to them. But now, they can just sit there if they want and take someone like D'Angelo Russell from Ohio State to play the point.

As far as the conference finals go, my wife grew up in Houston and my brother has season tickets for the Hawks. So by association, I think I'm the only person in the country rooting for a Hawks-Rockets finals.

I don't think so Ary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

I rooting for a Rockets v anyone finals... It's been too long since we were last there

Weak call right there. It's the playoffs gotta let the guys play

Minnesota gets the #1 pick next year, would expect Karl-Anthony Towns to end up there. Lakers get the #2 pick, it's going to make me ill to see Jahlil Okafor in a Lakers jersey, but Kobe gets some young talent to make one more run next year. Sixers get the #3 pick, Knicks fall to the #4 pick.
As a Laker and Duke fan I am thrilled at the thought of Okafor putting on a Lakers jersey

The lack of defense in this game is comical

Rockets were the better team for almost the entire half, but the Warriors are going to have the lead at halftime due to their big run. When the Warriors get hot, no team in the NBA can stop them.

Rockets were the better team for almost the entire half, but the Warriors are going to have the lead at halftime due to their big run. When the Warriors get hot, no team in the NBA can stop them.

Quite impressive how quick they are and how quick they can erase a deficit. Houston better realize these aren't the Clippers and won't give up just because they are down.

James Harden trying to single-handedly win this game for Houston, especially with Howard on the bench with knee issues.

James Harden trying to single-handedly win this game for Houston, especially with Howard on the bench with knee issues.

He finally decides to be aggressive. I like it, but could have used that in the 2nd when GS went on that run

Thank God the Lakers finally caught a break. I'd like to think that even Jim Buss can't eff this up.

Early reports indicate Flip Saunders has had a man crush on Okafor forever, called him the next Duncan earlier in the year. Speculation from MN is that the 1st spot is Okafor's to lose.

What a shot by Ariza. Feels like a little too late, but I like the fight I'm seeing

Ok ATL and Miller Time. It's avatar wager time. You guys interested?

Back