Nike Vapor Flex/Speed Fairways and Hybrids - Preview Thread

I agree with freddie on this on fellas. After 2 weeks with the flex 3 wood and multiple ranges sessions I brought her back last night. Just couldn't get along with it. Not forgiving at all laterally and just had to work too much to get it up in the air. Exchanged for the 915 F in 16.5 and couldn't be happier.

I agree with freddie on this on fellas. After 2 weeks with the flex 3 wood and multiple ranges sessions I brought her back last night. Just couldn't get along with it. Not forgiving at all laterally and just had to work too much to get it up in the air. Exchanged for the 915 F in 16.5 and couldn't be happier.
Same. Just couldn't make the fairway or hybrid work for me, and settled on the 915F and H which just work for me, especially on low hits, which is good as I generally expect to use these off the deck..

Same. Just couldn't make the fairway or hybrid work for me, and settled on the 915F and H which just work for me, especially on low hits, which is good as I generally expect to use these off the deck..
Same combo I ended up with last night and love them both.

I'm loving the fairway wood when I don't take a bad swing with it (Which is my fault). I've only manage to get out a couple times with the 3 HY and the only thing I have changed it bumping it up a degree. The standard setting was to low for me personally.

Early going I have such a love/hate relationship with this club. I blasted two off the tee yesterday and worked another two off another tee. I need to see some consistency with this club before I start singing its praises.

hit 10 balls at the range with this yesterday and had 1 really bad swing but the rest of the good and ok swings produce a nice ball flight and nothing that would have hurt me on most of the courses i play. a couple pulls that were maybe 10yds offline.

planning to play tomorrow and will be the first test for this on the course. so far i don't have any complaints with either the 3w or the 3h. any issues are my faulty swing i put on it.

I got the fairway speed and 3 hybrid speed. I was on a golf trip last week down at kiawah islands. The 3 wood is just crazy long. I have the kuro kage tini in it. I find it very forgiving on mis hits. The only issue I have with it is a high ball flight and I know it is swing related vs equipment. It just was very easy to switch. Very easy off the deck. The hybrid is the one that I am more concerned with. Off the tee it's pretty good. Off the deck tho just doesn't seem to have the same type of feel. Now this is my first hybrid so it may take some time to learn it. I just couldn't duplicate the ball flight from the tee to the deck.

Played first round with these...hit 4 shots with 3w off the tee. Performed well for me and without numbers I would say this was as good as the G30. Off the deck it was easy to hit and I was very happy with the performance.

i hit the 3h 4 or 5 times off the deck and even with a couple bad swings and some wet conditions in colder weather it just works. Easy to get in the air and stays online.

I'm going to marry this hybrid. Amanda is going to be pissed.

I had the chance to hit the Flex 3wd on vacation last week in Florida. It was fantastic, the last day I played a really tight course, very windy and the Flex was amazing, I could work it either way, keep it down in the wind, and very long. I shot a 73, and I believe it was directly due to the Flex putting me in perfect places off the tee.

Has anyone tried a heavier shaft in the Flex 3w? I'm interested in giving it a go but I've struggled with 70g shafts in my fairways. I'm hoping the D+ 80g is available when the course has a demo day.

Had my first on course action tonight with the Flex 5 Wood. I'm in love. I absolutely blister this thing. I hit it 3 times. Once of the tee and twice off the deck and both times the ball did exactly what I envisioned. Carry distance is deep for me. I firmly believed I made a mistake awhile back trading in my RBZ 5 Wood and thought they were the best FW's made, but these are phenomenal for me. Long high and straight off the tee and hammered 2 draws off the deck. Didn't get to hit the hybo today, but I'm very pleased with the 5 Wood, not to mention it might be one of my favorite clubs I've ever seen at address.

This club is a winner for some. I saw Nate clobber his all last weekend. Imo, it performs better than his driver. Saw Jake make some great swings with his and played with Cookie just gaming his hybo and woods. It's a solid club just not for me.

Had my first on course action tonight with the Flex 5 Wood. I'm in love. I absolutely blister this thing. I hit it 3 times. Once of the tee and twice off the deck and both times the ball did exactly what I envisioned. Carry distance is deep for me. I firmly believed I made a mistake awhile back trading in my RBZ 5 Wood and thought they were the best FW's made, but these are phenomenal for me. Long high and straight off the tee and hammered 2 draws off the deck. Didn't get to hit the hybo today, but I'm very pleased with the 5 Wood, not to mention it might be one of my favorite clubs I've ever seen at address.
That's fantastic Jimmy! They're just really fun clubs IMO.

That's fantastic Jimmy! They're just really fun clubs IMO.
They really are. I can't get over how awesome they look at address either. They just inspire confidence for me. I'm excited to have these in the bag.

I really want to swap my Vapor Speed 3 hybo for a 4 hybo some kind of bad!

I've had the Vapor Speed hybrid in the bag for two rounds and a couple of range sessions so far - I'm not sure I've hit a ball that hasn't gone straight yet. Gaps in perfectly with my iron set too - I'm playing it a bit short, which I think helps with that. Does everything I'm looking for in a hybrid.

This club is a winner for some. I saw Nate clobber his all last weekend. Imo, it performs better than his driver. Saw Jake make some great swings with his and played with Cookie just gaming his hybo and woods. It's a solid club just not for me.

To date I'd had no range sessions with it, just on course play. I was really hitting my stride with it on Sunday, our last round. I've now had 2 range sessions with it this week and think I've finally got it tuned all the way in. Total confidence off the tee and off the deck with it.

I just purchased the Vapor Speed 23*, looking forward to getting it out onto the course now. Thanks for all the information and reviews so far in this thread, will hopefully add my own thoughts soon !

Flex is a nice hybrid.

I am seeing quite a few similarities to the Covert Tour that I played and enjoyed for some time. Same tall face, shape is similar, tends to want to deliver a squarer face than some others (less hooking for my flippy swing). Not too hard to hit off the turf, which I thought the Tour was at times. Ball flight is strong. A little more piercing for me. Distance is right there.

Good layup club or for longer approaches. Set at 25°.

Interesting. I really found the flight low for a hybrid. Low to where it was robbing me of some distance compared to others in similar lofts and ranges. Could be the deep face.

Yea it's lower/penetrating compared to some others, including the SLDR I've been hitting. I definitely would attribute the face depth to that. It wasn't bad enough to turn me off though and distance compared for layups at least. Not sure I hit it into a green.

Best 3W I've hit in years. The honeymoon is over and it's a keeper.

Yea it's lower/penetrating compared to some others, including the SLDR I've been hitting. I definitely would attribute the face depth to that. It wasn't bad enough to turn me off though and distance compared for layups at least. Not sure I hit it into a green.

The deep face is causing seriously low spin for me I believe. I saw about 15 yards shorter and much lower flight. Saw similar out of the fairway wood and struggled mightily when hitting off the deck with it.

The deep face is causing seriously low spin for me I believe. I saw about 15 yards shorter and much lower flight. Saw similar out of the fairway wood and struggled mightily when hitting off the deck with it.

I'll have to GC2 it next time I'm at the range. I suspect it's lower than the SLDR for sure, just based off monitor time and how the ball flight looks. Certainly flatter/more peircing. My number one struggle right now is ball speed though. Ugh.

Back