flog2424

Philippians 4:13
Reaction score
Handicap
Freddie

Curiosity has gotten the best of me on something I dont think I have ever thought about.... The Legs in the swing, mostly the left one (for a righty).

You gave me a tip a few weeks back regarding early extension and it has done wonders. I have realized that I am having some trouble getting the leg muscles in my left leg to fire. My right leg is pushing the way you told me to and I am able to clear my hips but it just doesnt feel like there is any strengh in the left leg. It just seems to have little pop compared to the right side. Is this a function of what it could be doing in the backswing? As my weight shifts right, the left leg just feels kind of dead and along for the ride. I have read things in the past regarding different places to keep your weight in the left leg and where the knee flex should head (ex: towards ball, etc.). Is there anything to this that could help set me for more success.

What is your thoughts on the job of the left leg in the backswing to set up for a better downswing.

Giving this a bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The job of the left is to act as an axis. It's a support on the back swing and a support axis on the down swing. You shouldn't feel the pop or power you feel in the right. No need to worry, you're in good shape.

Back