The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not huge on this trade. Dont get me wrong Mccoy is a great player and a huge name. However his cap hit at RB is not what I would call team friendly. It is a heavy RB draft and a good Free agent class. Not a trade buffalo needed to make. Kiko showed great promise however did show many flaws in the run game as well. I dont mind the bills trading him but would have liked to see a OL instead of a RB.

Bills down have a big QB contract on the books and won't for at least 2 or 3 more years, so they can afford to take a higher cap hit at other positions for the time being

the Bills D was good without kiko last year so not really losing anything there. Jackson is getting long in the tooth for RBs and have some young guys. Getting McCoy for a short period of time to go along with Jackson is a decent move IMO. Not having a big QB or WR contract does help and it doesn't look like they are going after a big contract QB to help fill that gap.

I am not huge on this trade. Dont get me wrong Mccoy is a great player and a huge name. However his cap hit at RB is not what I would call team friendly. It is a heavy RB draft and a good Free agent class. Not a trade buffalo needed to make. Kiko showed great promise however did show many flaws in the run game as well. I dont mind the bills trading him but would have liked to see a OL instead of a RB.

Agree completely.

Bills down have a big QB contract on the books and won't for at least 2 or 3 more years, so they can afford to take a higher cap hit at other positions for the time being

While I do agree with this they need to spend wisely as well. Dont just spend it to spend it. You have to ask could they get similar production out of a back for 2 million less (or even more)than McCoy. I think they could. The line is so bad McCoy will struggle here unless they do something in FA or the draft.

Oh Buffalo.....hear from a few friends in Buffalo and they are not happy.

I like McCoy but like LB44 said it's a good RB draft and FA class. We probably could have got a good RB without giving up Kiko who was extremely popular with fans too. I'd be a lot more concerned with OL and QB than RB.

Couple of thoughts.

-When I originally heard about the trade, I wasn't thrilled, I'm still not. For reasons that have already been explained, this year's RB class is deep and a good RB could be had for 1/10th of what McCoy is going to cost.
-Credit the Bills for "selling high" on Kiko, with Preston Brown developing into (surprisingly) an above average LB and Nigel Bradham really turning a corner, Kiko became "expendable."

Big picture, if the Bills make the playoffs this year (that is the only goal), they will consider this trade a win, no matter what Kiko does in Philly. I just think they could have been a bit smarter about it, but I trust Whaley, he has a pretty good track record when it comes to trading LBs (Kelvin Sheppard for Jerry Hughes).

Is what it is, McCoy maybe has three years of elite left in him, hopefully the Bills can take advantage.

I think alot of this depends on whether Kiko's knee doesnt continue being an issue.

It's the nfl you can say that about everyone. He had a torn knee one year and played every snap the other.

I'm just wondering if he's going to be the same player he was before he got injured. I know it's different from player to player, but there are some players who just never make it back to the level they were before an injury like that.

No as big as the McCoy trade but the Vikings traded Cassel and their 6th round pick to Buffalo for their first 5th round pick (from Tampa #129) and a seventh round pick next year.

Buffalo Bills continue wheelin' and dealin'.

Bills get: QB Matt Cassel, 2015 6th rd pick
Vikings get: 2015 5th rd pick & 2016 7th rd pick

Buffalo Bills continue wheelin' and dealin'.

Bills get: QB Matt Cassel, 2015 6th rd pick
Vikings get: 2015 5th rd pick & 2016 7th rd pick

I wonder if they bring in one more FA or just go to the draft now. I wouldn't mind seeing Sanchez, Locker or Moore come in too.

Honestly I think it's a better deal for Philly. I think Chip is using the Seattle blueprint and realizes defense still wins in this league. Damn I wish Chip was our OC in Seattle.

I am really looking forward to what the market/contract will be for Andre Johnson.

I wonder if they bring in one more FA or just go to the draft now. I wouldn't mind seeing Sanchez, Locker or Moore come in too.

I'm not in tune with the Bills but with Rex there who knows. I'd assume either way, they aren't high on Manuel.

I'm not in tune with the Bills but with Rex there who knows. I'd assume either way, they aren't high on Manuel.

Kind of get that impression too but Cassel?

"Matt Cassel won 10 games as a starter with the Patriots in 2008. Since then, he's won a total of 23 starts over six seasons. Since 2009, the only qualifying QB with a worse QBR is Mark Sanchez, who like Cassel is a former USC QB who played for Rex Ryan in the NFL."

I think I would have just grabbed Pat Devlin off the Vikes practice squad before making this trade.

I dont think buffalo is bringing in Cassel as their starter but rather a quality backup. We gave up meaningless picks for him. I wouldnt mind seeing Locker come in or draft bryce petty this year.

I dont think buffalo is bringing in Cassel as their starter but rather a quality backup. We gave up meaningless picks for him. I wouldnt mind seeing Locker come in or draft bryce petty this year.

So you think Manuel is completely out of their plans?

thought this was the plan all along. Bring in a veteran QB and see how Manuel grows after spending the last 3 months of the season on the bench.

The Official 2015 NFL Thread

I'm lost with this move. Myers was the most reliable OL we had much less a great center. We don't have anyone that can step in and play center.

Not sure what the free agency market looks like, but this could be problematic all year long.

I'm lost with this move. Myers was the most reliable OL we had much less a great center. We don't have anyone that can step in and play center.

Not sure what the free agency market looks like, but this could be problematic all year long.

Really big number for that Center and there are a lot of young options.

So you think Manuel is completely out of their plans?
Long term yes, he still has a chance to start this year depending on what other moves we make at QB. We needed a backup no matter what. Cassel has some experience so I see him as a good fit in that roll.

Really big number for that Center and there are a lot of young options.

I guess I don't see what the options are. Currently on the roster we don't have someone who can fill that role. Myers held that line together.

There are a handful of UFA's that I'm not sure what they would command $$ wise.

Long term yes, he still has a chance to start this year depending on what other moves we make at QB. We needed a backup no matter what. Cassel has some experience so I see him as a good fit in that roll.

offensively the bills have lots of needs. going cheap on a qb whether a starter or backup is probably key right now so they can spend money on bolstering the O line and find another receiver or two. The Mike Williams experiment was a joke which was disappointing since I liked him in college.

offensively the bills have lots of needs. going cheap on a qb whether a starter or backup is probably key right now so they can spend money on bolstering the O line and find another receiver or two. The Mike Williams experiment was a joke which was disappointing since I liked him in college.

I was not fond of him in college. Watched him catch something like 230 yards against my Bulls one year. Guy was a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back