Blind Golf Ball Testing - Ball Revealed

I've not got a chance to play last model's RX, but I do like the B330's for sure. That is a great price for that ball segment, if I run across them and I can't get my hands on some Chrome Softs, I'll pick these up instead and give them a try.

I might be way off the mark here, but wouldn't these feel/play a bit different to the Chrome Soft?

I knew it was going to make me look like a headcase.
I feel the same way, Dev.

I played the Mystery Ball and a current 330-RX and saw different results from front to back on the course. Haha
Even 3 cups of coffee and 3 aspirin into a mild hangover, this made me lol.

Always love blind testing. I kind of had a feeling based on some of the reviews that this was the ball. Great jobs testers, Bridestone, and that ginormous dude talking to Corey.

I might be way off the mark here, but wouldn't these feel/play a bit different to the Chrome Soft?

I feel the CS and B330-RXS feel the same with the RX slightly firmer feeling.

I feel the CS and B330-RXS feel the same with the RX slightly firmer feeling.
This is how I felt, at the price its definitely a ball I would play in the future. Lower compression urethane is definitely a good fit for me, and a lot of weekend players. What a fun test.

I feel the same way, Dev.

Even 3 cups of coffee and 3 aspirin into a mild hangover, this made me lol.

I knew it was coming. I even said in my review that I knew it would make me look like a headcase. Haha

I knew it was coming. I even said in my review that I knew it would make me look like a headcase. Haha

it just proves that ball striking has a lot more to do than any equipment

it just proves that ball striking has a lot more to do than any equipment

Yes sir. I struggled on the front and played much better on the back. I had a feeling it was more me than ball but there was a noticeable difference in spin into the greens which is just weird to me.

Yes sir. I struggled on the front and played much better on the back. I had a feeling it was more me than ball but there was a noticeable difference in spin into the greens which is just weird to me.

to me it shows that while ball fitting is important, that inconsistent golfers(which pretty much we all are when off the internet) will see inconsistent results.

to me it shows that while ball fitting is important, that inconsistent golfers(which pretty much we all are when off the internet) will see inconsistent results.

Absolutely. Warming up can make a huge difference. I wasnt able to hit any balls on the range so just went straight out. I wasnt surprised that I struggled on the front and had a feeling it wasnt really anything to do with the ball.

I wouldn't feel bad or embarassed. It's extremely common. Same reason we hear "this ball spins more" or "this ball is longer by 10 yards" all the time. Bottom line is that from day to day our abilities or even the course conditions can alter what we see with golf equipment.

A perfect example of my own doing goes way back to some surlyn Callaway ball from 2012 or so. I played on a day where the greens were soft and hit a shot into a green that sloped hard back to front. The ball spun back maybe 10 feet (which is a TON for me) and my impression at the time was 'wow, this ball spins like crazy'. In that case though, we're talking a perfect strike into the perfect green to produce that result. In reality, it had little to do with the golf ball being spinny.

I wouldn't feel bad or embarassed. It's extremely common. Same reason we hear "this ball spins more" or "this ball is longer by 10 yards" all the time. Bottom line is that from day to day our abilities or even the course conditions can alter what we see with golf equipment.

A perfect example of my own doing goes way back to some surlyn Callaway ball from 2012 or so. I played on a day where the greens were soft and hit a shot into a green that sloped hard back to front. The ball spun back maybe 10 feet (which is a TON for me) and my impression at the time was 'wow, this ball spins like crazy'. In that case though, we're talking a perfect strike into the perfect green to produce that result. In reality, it had little to do with the golf ball being spinny.

Absolutely. I'm not embarrassed at all. The fact that I spun a ball back for the first time ever makes me happy. I dont care what ball it is. Haha

Pretty cool reveal. I've played the 330-rx for a while now and occasionally swap out for the Chrome Softs.

I can say the b330-rx is a great ball for me. It could be mental or something else but I spin the chrome Softs more than the 330-rx... That's not to say I don't spin or haven't spun the 330-rx on wedge shots, but not as consistently as I would like.

Like Ricky I'm mental

Check out @BridgestoneGolf on Twitter and they are putting up your quotes from the reviews.

Check out @BridgestoneGolf on Twitter and they are putting up your quotes from the reviews.

I saw them all over my feed. Pretty awesome stuff

I had a ton of fun doing this testing. I'm not going to lie though. I thought for sure after seeing the K5D marking on the mystery ball cover that it was a current gen B330-S because I had known current gen B330-S balls with the same markings. Then it made it more "evident" in my mind when the mystery ball performed very similarly for me compared to the B330-S.

However, I had last months GolfDigest with the big golf ball spread that had the cores of each ball shown. I was completely shocked when I cut a mystery ball and B330-S in half and found that they had different cores. I then crosschecked them with the article and realized that the mystery ball was more than likely the B330-RX.

It's helped to confirm what I saw on course when testing the entire B330 lineup. The 4 balls all performed very similar for me. I'm right on the cusp of their 105 swing speed rating though. Sometimes I swing 100 mph, sometimes I swing 108 mph. I just picked up a bunch of B330 Tour's though to play over the next month or so to see if I benefit any more or less from it over a longer run.

Thanks again to THP and Bridgestone! I look forward to more opportunities like this in the future!

ETA - Here is the photo I took after cutting the balls in half. I didn't want to post until after the reveal:

The known B330-S is on top and the Mystery Ball/B330-RX is on bottom.

EBC771DD-DC7F-4974-9697-88675710EEFA_zpsflrb7rwu.jpg

Love me some Bridgestone B330's, havnt tried the RX's but enjoyed reading along thoughts on the ball. I may be picking up a dozen soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If nothing else this had made me curious enough about this ball to go buy some and I think it's safe to say that I won't be the only one.

If nothing else this had made me curious enough about this ball to go buy some and I think it's safe to say that I won't be the only one.

Absolutely give the RX a try. To me it is the best ball on the market for amateurs. I love this ball and stand by it.

Great reviews guys! I loved hearing everyone's opinion and I remember seeing a topflight ball with very similar dimples and I was thinking maybe Bridgestone bought topflight and this is a new topflight release. Cool to hear it was the RX and I will have to see if I can find a sleeve to try'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solid golf ball right there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The current update has brought me right back to the line up. The new RX is definitely something else.

Had this ball in play today and for the second time I've had it I've completed the round with 1 ball. I am really starting to love this ball

Back