What are you reading?

Nope, this was before she wrote the little house series, just now being released though. #2 on Amazon IIRC, all reviews have said it has the rest of the story in a lot of cases, as she put it in the memoirs, the parts not fitting for the childrens series.

To Kill a Mockingbird was OK, definitely a true classic, but not my favorite of that era.

My comment was a poor attempt at a joke. To kill a Mockingbird has always been one of my favorites, I read it for the first time in Elementary school and have loved it ever since. I liked it enough that high school English didn't kill my ability to enjoy it (as it did 90% of the other books we read in high school).

Currently reading two books.

Learning to Use What You Already Know
Marketing The Senses

My comment was a poor attempt at a joke. To kill a Mockingbird has always been one of my favorites, I read it for the first time in Elementary school and have loved it ever since. I liked it enough that high school English didn't kill my ability to enjoy it (as it did 90% of the other books we read in high school).

Isn't that the truth? haha

Isn't that the truth? haha

Yep, I always enjoyed reading, but I can only think of 3 books we read in high school that don't make me gag to this day. It took me 10 years to enjoy reading again.

Of Mice and Men, A Seperate Peace and To Kill a Mockingbird. I need to read A Seperate Peace again.

Ken Follett's Edge of Eternity which is the final book in his The Century Trilogy. Well worth reading if you enjoy fictional based history. As per most of his trilogies it is based on 4 or 5 families in various countries and how their lives become interwoven during historical events.

Lone Survivor, I saw the movie and am in the process of finishing the book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair I read American Sniper before it was cool

I didn't, just read it at Christmas, but I did read Lone Survivor when it came out.

I didn't, just read it at Christmas, but I did read Lone Survivor when it came out.

Give Damn Few by Rorke Denver a look. Guy was in Act of Valor(he died in the movie)

Right now I'm reading The Match by Mark Frost. It tells the story of a secret golf match between two legendary pros Ben Hogan and Byron Nelson vs. two proven amateurs Ken Venturi and Harvie Ward at the 1956 Bing Crosby Clambake. Great read.

Right now I'm reading The Match by Mark Frost. It tells the story of a secret golf match between two legendary pros Ben Hogan and Byron Nelson vs. two proven amateurs Ken Venturi and Harvie Ward at the 1956 Bing Crosby Clambake. Great read.

GREAT book, I read that after I read The Greatest Game Ever Played by him

World War Z again.

Funny, because you know the book and the movie are nothing alike, but I still like both.

I will check that one out for sure. I like a good end of the world book.

Funny, because you know the book and the movie are nothing alike, but I still like both.

I will check that one out for sure. I like a good end of the world book.

I was just disappointed, the movie wasn't event like the book at all.

The Battle of Yonkers would have been amazing on screen.

Oh I can imagine as much if you read first and watched second considering just how different they are. I actually did it the other way around - just browsing the On Demand channel one night and came across the movie. Later on grabbed the book.

I also DL'd the Zombie Guide or whatever its called this time. Skimmed a bunch of it though.

Just finished Harvey Penicks "The Game for a Lifetime"

Just read Naero's Run and The Annexation War: Naero's War by Mason Elliot. They were free on Amazon and not bad.

Just started a new suspense book. Joseph Finder's Suspicion, hoping for a snow day from work tomorrow to read more.

"Firefight" by Brandon Sanderson. Second in the "Reckoners" series. Hilarious kinda anti superhero books, where all the humans with powers are bad.

on my short list of books to read. Loved "The greatest game ever played", and this is ranked up there with that book!

Now reading Stephen King's Under the Dome. Good so far, I love the way he writes

Back