What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played some solid golf for a change. Pretty good driving, every fairway on the front but missed four on the back and very good putting make for good scoring. I was 1 over through 13 then started leaving the ball in the wrong place on greens resulting in some long tough par putts and finished with a three-putt double on 18 from an impossible position. Six over on the day, 78 (37,41)

40/37, 35 putts and 12/14 fairways. Pleased with that round.
Nice round! A little better putting day and that would have been a banger of a round!

43/39=82

Barf. Hit the ball a lot better than the score shows. Irons are completely back.

41/41 yesterday at Torrey Pines North Course. First time playing there, my short game was not good, but it was only my 3rd round of the year so I just need to get my touch back. Greens were fast and hard to read, I've never had to account for the ocean before when reading greens so that was really interesting. A great challenge and a beautiful course, while i wish I would have played better it will be hard to top that round of golf for the rest of my life.
How do you have to account for the ocean???Do the greens break towards the ocean? Or are you talking about the wind factor coming off of the ocean?

41+46/87 today.

Personal best 30 putts.

4 penalty strokes.

I only used driver on 3-4 holes. Couldn't count on it hitting the fairway, so I put it away and hit 4-iron.

My 4-iron was consistently finding the fairway and getting out from 200-220 yards (depending on the wind).

It was so much easier to play from the fairway.
I only mishit my driver once, but twice I was off the fairway (cost me a penalty stroke on another, and only 1 fairway), and even with the considerable extra distance, I think it makes it harder, not easier to score.

Have been getting into more and more "Match Play" challenges as of late. Love this form of competition as it makes it more fun to compete with my cronies.
I have been playing my ball against their best ball and having a blast. Managed to come out on top today again, 2 Up. It makes it a better match and keeps them all involved as their Hcp's range from 10 to 18. While we don't play for much, usually 50 cents or a dollar, it's more for the challenge and to keep everyone into the game.

Posted a 37 front/39 back for a uneventful 76 today,
but the honeymoon phase with my SLDR is waning and trying to decide which way to go as far as a Gamer Driver

Ugly 110. Nothing like going 3W, penalty, re-tee 3W, topped, 3W penalty OOB, 6i topped, 54* pitch off line, skulled chip, chip back on, 2-putt. Worst hole of the year so far. 46 on the front nine (new 9-hole PB), 64 on the back.

Shot 74 on a par 59 course. Was mostly par 3's but had some par 4's on the front. Greens were super slow and they just sanded them so that didn't help.

Shot a 41 today. Ended up putting the driver away and going with the 3w, as I've had better control and haven't lost to much distance. Everything else minus the putting kept this from being a low round. I ended up having 3 3-putts. Ugh!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot a 41 today. Ended up putting the driver away and going with the 3w, as I've had better control and haven't lost to much distance. Everything else minus the putting kept this from being a low round. I ended up having 3 3-putts. Ugh!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not too bad where at?

Another practice round with my Tuesday night league, had Plin sub in my group. Shot a 45 (last hole had a triple bogey :angry:), Plin shot a 43. Gorgeous day in WNY tho.

Had my 2nd week of league play yesterday 1st round was 43 on the front 9 of Hilliard Lakes in Westlake, OH... last night was back 9 and could not make any putts or hit greens went 4 straight bogeys 3 of those I lipped out putts for par and on the 14th hole I wasn't paying attention and was taking a practice swing and nipped my ball and it went sideways into the rough after hitting a great drive down the middle and being a 100yds out and of course now a tree was in my way and yes I hit a branch and fell short of the green and ended up with double bogey (I was fuming after that hole), then finished double, bogey and par for a 46. :angry: but I beat the guy I was playing against somehow.

Last edited:
Played 9 this morning, shot a 48.

I had one 3 putt, but overall very happy with my putting. Need to tighten up the irons and short game though. Hit 3/7 Fwys 1 GIR.

18 putts total.

Round No. 29: 43 + 39 = 82 with 34 putts.

81 or +10 which ever way you want it. 30 putts with no 3 putts today which is not bad on week old aerated greens.

Second hole par three carded a 6 and on the last par three a 5.

9 pars and 1 birdie helped today, though I should of broken 80 for the first time on this course, ah well, next time.

96 net to 92 GHIN. Started with a birdie, downhill from there.
Bright notes - Two birdies! I only lost two balls! Only 36 putts!
Dark side - 9 penalty strokes, 4 three-putt holes. 4/14 FIR, 5/18 GIR.

I think things need to change. Driver was awful today, but 3w misses from the tee were either in the first cut or just in second cut of rough.

Shot a 43/42 at West Orange CC, much better than the 99 I shot there last time I played there.

80 (38/42). Front nine was great ball-striking and good putting. The second nine was "so/so" ball striking and good putting. The new driver, so far, is awesome! I've probably gained ~15 yards, and as straight as my previous driver. Definitely a good investment.

Shot +1 for 9 holes this afternoon on freshly punched greens. Was driving the ball great, just had two pushed 3 woods that got me into trouble and ended up taking a double and a bogey to go along with my 2 birdies. Cant wait to finally have some smooth greens to putt on, the weather over the next week or so should have the greens coming back quickly.

Last edited:
9 over 39.

1 over through 5 with a birdie.
8 over on the next 4.....
On in 2 on the 9th hole, 4 footer for birdie, and the match...... and three putt to tie the other two guys I was playing.... two putt would have won the pot for me.

49/46-95, 2 birdies, 2 pars, and quite a few blow ups definitely not consistent today

46/46 = 88. Made an 8 on a par 4 which really hurt. Going back out to play another 18 in a few. Beautiful day here!

46/46 = 88. Made an 8 on a par 4 which really hurt. Going back out to play another 18 in a few. Beautiful day here!

I'm jealous! Enjoy the SECOND round!

Yesterday I shot a 95 (45/50). Was playing pretty well, and was really happy about my short game. Made a nice birdie and plenty of pars, but my driver keeps killing my scores; I incurred 5 penalty strokes from errant tee shots. Didn't sleep nor eat properly before the round, so fatigue played a part in the second nine being worse.

Today I shot a 105 (53/52). Was playing on a long and really tight track in 35 mph winds. Again, terrible with the driver. Yesterday was bad, today was even worse: 10 penalty strokes due to me driving the ball OOB, in water hazards or in to positions I had to declare the ball unplayable. Only thing that made me happy was my short game (135 and in), which seems to get more solid every round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back