What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Range this morning, also spent a bit of time on the putting green, now watching some of the PGA from Wentworth while waiting for Jen to get ready to head out

Wore the new Callaway shoes at the range and they feel pretty comfortable straight out of the box

I'm always amazed at how much The Doctor gets done before I wake up, then I remember where he is.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I'm always amazed at how much The Doctor gets done before I wake up, then I remember where he is.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Yup, by the time you guys wake up I have usually done half a days work :alien:

Played a Par 3 with a buddy who's just getting into the game.Played well. Probably because I was so relaxed, funny how that is.

Removed all of the Chrome Soft golf balls from my bag; and filled it up with used e7s for my goat-track-muni-hole-in-the-wall golf league round tomorrow after work.

And plugged in my GPS watch to charge--which I'll leave on the bar in my living room when I walk out the door tomorrow.

Removed all of the Chrome Soft golf balls from my bag; and filled it up with used e7s for my goat-track-muni-hole-in-the-wall golf league round tomorrow after work.

Ouch man. Those are my gamer balls, Mr. "I hang with Roger Cleveland". Humph.

Walked 18 with Jacqui (used push carts). It was cart path only.

Ouch man. Those are my gamer balls, Mr. "I hang with Roger Cleveland". Humph.
Eh...they are my stash of 50 AAAA balls I bought from lostgolfballs.com

I would, and have, gamed the e series balls and I probably should​ play them more than I do.

Played 18 holes... Then 18 holes of mini golf and now I just got done hitting 50 putts on the birdieball.

Just THP. Back is feeling better, but I'm not swinging a club until Sunday at the earliest. I have every second Friday off until October, so I gotta keep that back in good shape for golf!

Played 18 holes... Then 18 holes of mini golf and now I just got done hitting 50 putts on the birdieball.
I was there for 18 holes, but didn't feel like I played enough to make a difference. At least I had the drive, on 18, to let me know I only partially forgot how to play this game, today.

After being tired of struggling with the driver for most of the year I got back to basics and focused on my posture, alignment, grip, and ball position. With the help of two alignment sticks and the watchful eye of a buddy I was able to fix my tee ball after only about 15 minutes on the range. The problem was my shoulder alignment was a little off and my ball position was too far forward. My biggest adjustment was fixing my driver club face alignment was much too open. I was able to play 6 holes after the range session before dark and hit all 5 fairways. More importantly I had center face or near center face contact with all my tee shots and hit 5 of 6 GIR. I'm excited to play this week to see if I can make the changes stick.

Golfed. Had a decent round going until I started flailing my tee shots.
Guy I played with today is headed to CA for USGA Senior Championship qualifier next weekend. He played pretty solid, and gave me a nice tip (at the end of the round) that straightened out my drives.

I was there for 18 holes, but didn't feel like I played enough to make a difference. At least I had the drive, on 18, to let me know I only partially forgot how to play this game, today.
You were off a tad... But it happens.

I joined my new home course today in Pensacola (Pace), Florida, as well as the local club Men's Golf Association. I'll tee it up with the MGA tomorrow in their weekly "Dog Fight". Now I can get back to a regular playing cadence like I was accustomed to before my move. Yay! Oh, and it's Stonebrook Golf Club.

Played 9
Cleaned the clubs
Marked a crapload of balls
Picked up some golf pants from the tailor

Got dressed for golf, drove to the course, found out they cancelled league because of the incoming storms, and drove home.

Might get some skytrak work in tonight possibly.

Played in a NY State Golf Association amateur tournament.

Started out great, 40 on the first 9 and then the wheels completely fell off over the last 9 (55). Finished 14th(of 18) in my flight with a net 80.

Filled a gap in my set.
7a10b79a41e858cf6a6429a30ff91377.jpg

Played 9 holes in my weekly golf league and pretty sure I got waxed. See the rant thread shortly about the green we're currently playing.

16ebbb6162f81418eb48a5ab3ea05a5c.jpg

Played a very perplexing 18 on an outstanding day. Perplexing in it was a complete role reversal of my strengths, had my longest drive of the season at 290 yards and hit over 60% of my fairways only missing 2 with my driver. While having easily the worst day I've ever had with my wedges especially around the green. It was embarrassing to shoot almost 100 after the way I hit the driver. I even putted well today, I hit my longest putt of the year at close to 35 feet. But I digress, I need to get better at hitting below my feet and now I'm in ponder mode with wedges.

Played 18 today and THPing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back