In How Many States Have You Golfed?

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
My attention was turned to a local news article about a family that played golf in all 50 States over the course of ten years. It got me wondering whether it was something I wanted to start working towards, and how much of that I've accomplished so far.

Sadly, the numbers aren't good right now... OH/IN/SC/NC/GA/IL/KY.

I've got NV and FL scheduled this year, taking my total to 9/50. An inspired 18% hahaha! So I think my new goal is to play all 50 within my lifetime. Likely in 2014 are PA, TN, MI, MO, and maybe one or two others like WV, VA, AR... Should be a fun project to work on throughout my life.

So how about you guys? How many States have you played in? Does playing all 50 intrigue you?

38. And I plan to make it to 50 before I am 50.

Interesting topic. I know that Don (Lefty) has worked on this and is pretty darn close to playing in all 50 (if I remember correctly). Mitch (motoo) also played in a bunch when he was traveling a year ago.

Here are my states: GA, SC, NC, FL, TN, IL, OH, TX, CT, AZ, HI. I'll add CA to the list in December.

I'm pretty shocked that I haven't played in AL. I need to hit the RTJ trail and fix that.

Interesting to look at but would not go out of my way to try to play in all 50 states. So far I have golfed in 12.
GA, AL, FL, SC, TN, MS, TX, AZ, CA, NV, NY, HI

I'm sporting a quality 3/50! IL, MI, and FL. I've got CA and OH planned for this year. Would like to add NC, IN and maybe a different country entirely (Canada) next year.

Just 6 for me, all in the Southeast, Fl, GA, AL, TN, NC, SC

12 so far, KS,MO,OK,TX,TN,FL,IA,NV,UT,NE,CO,CA. At least that's all I can recall.

Last edited:
Interesting topic. I know that Don (Lefty) has worked on this and is pretty darn close to playing in all 50 (if I remember correctly). Mitch (motoo) also played in a bunch when he was traveling a year ago.

Here are my states: GA, SC, NC, FL, TN, IL, OH, TX, CT, AZ, HI. I'll add CA to the list in December.

I'm pretty shocked that I haven't played in AL. I need to hit the RTJ trail and fix that.

Mitch was a guy I thought of quickly after reading into the article a bit... His road trip last year was awesome!

Did you just hit a number and decide to start working towards 50 or has this been intentional?

38 is awesome.

At a previous job, I did a lot of traveling. I mean a LOT of traveling. I lived in hotels and it dawned on me looking at my travel calendar after one year that I had played at almost every trip. So I started counting and reached 26, and since that time added 12 more.

Unfortunately only 5: NY, CT, MA, OH and VA.

Edit: Added Virginia. Can't believe I forgot my round at Kingsmill.

Last edited:
Not nearly enough, real low. IL, WI, AR, MO, MI. I think that's it, 5/50

Only three (IN, KY, OH). Scheduling conflict or I would've been able to make a TN trip with buddies in Oct.

Good topic. I've played OH, IN, KY, SC, and Florida

21- OH, PA, VA, WV, MD, NC, SC, FL, TX, CA, NV, IN, KY, MI, TN, GA, AZ, MA, IL, ME, NJ. Never really thought about that before. Getting NY, WI, and OR this year still.

Never thought about it. I've been to 37 of 50 but I haven't golfed in all of those.

NY, MA, AL, SC, NC, FL, TN, TX, MO, CT, PA, VT, OH, KY, IN, GA, NJ, DE, IL, MD, NE, IA, AZ. Guess that makes 23.

Unfortunately most of those were prior to THP days when I would travel for my job. Now it would be a lot better because I'm pretty sure I'd find people to play with.

6 - MN, NM, IA, FL, SC, & TX. Will add Nevada later this year. 4/7 will be because of THP.

Nv
Oh
Mi
Ky
In
Pa
Conn
Fl
Ga
Tn
Nc
Sc

Just 4 for me: GA, FL, NC, and SC.

Tapatalk 2: The sequel is even better than the original.

Nv
Oh
Mi
Ky
In
Pa
Conn
Fl
Ga
Tn

We'll have to grab a round in SC some time... Ohh.... wait... hahahaha!

Get ready for a couple road trips dude. I'll need a co-pilot over the next couple decades hah!

Massachusetts
Montana
Idaho
Washington
Oregon
California
Wyoming

Provinces
Alberta
British Columbia
Saskatchewan

We'll have to grab a round in SC some time... Ohh.... wait... hahahaha!

Get ready for a couple road trips dude. I'll need a co-pilot over the next couple decades hah!

Oops added 2 more

I like roadies

AZ, CA, NV, WA, ID, WY, CT, AL, NC, SC, DE, PA, NJ, MD, MI, IL, LA, HI, NH, VA. So, 20.

Back