How did you meet your Significant Other?

internet dating site.....been seeing each other for about a year now

Literally crawled into my cousin's bar in Providence, R.I. and it was her 1st night bartending, 1st words I said to her was "you will be my wife" she laughed. That was 36 years ago and still fighting it out.

my wife and i go to the same church. i had stopped going for awhile and when i went back she had been here with her brother for about 4 years. We were introduced after a sunday morning service for young children and young/unmarried adults.

it took about a month before we went on a date and another month before we actually starting dating. we dated for 3 months when i proposed and were married 15 months later.

At a Christian singles night . Everyone was talking scripture and all, we just sat and talked about each other all night. Went out for 4 months and married immediately after. Been 9 years now and feels like only a week. Hard to believe how fast times to by

My friends all laughed I went to a single night at a church, but better than a bar.. IMHO

Mail order? Seriously.....

We were pen pals before email....

26 years in November.....

JM

In High School. We were 15-16 years old. That was 25 years ago, 2 kids and lots of worldly adventures! Plus she plays golf!

Met my wife 6 months after moving to Las Vegas from the east coast...we met in a cigar store...she was smokin'....hot! That was 2004, married her in 2008, she's 18 years younger than me. I'm a lucky man.

In this age of quick divorce, any of us that have made more than 20 years need to feel proud. It is work and learning to be wrong when it counts helps. I have been lucky, being a traveling salesman I have only been home for 15 of the 36 years. But 2 great kids that had a caring mom makes it work. You have to make a living and we all have different paths to get there.

I met my wife at my best friends wedding, we had a son who is the joy of my life. She is gone now (divorced) which is awesome! Son is in college and he and I are closer than ever!

It was a blind date, set up by a mutual friend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I met my girl because she is my best friends older sister, That I had a crush on since High School.

We boarded horses at the same barn.

I always spent 4-5 nights a week there and she caught my attention a few times. Then I noticed she was showing up there more and more so I asked the barn owner who she was. Long story short, the owner told me she had a break up recently and had started spending more time there with her horses since.

That was all I needed to hear ha.

A mutual friend introduced us and we hit it off immediately.

Met my wife at a country bar in Houston. Not really a fan of country music, so I was just sitting down drinking a beer. This girl and her friends cane over and asked why I wasn't dancing and I said I didn't know how to dance to country music, so they all took it upon themselves to teach me.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Such a fun thread! Congratulations to everyone!

Few years back I was spending a lot of time wakeboarding at the lake. One of my buddies invited me to Northern CA for a houseboat trip at Lake Oroville (about 6 hours from home). On the second day of lake revelry my buddy ran into a girl he went to high school with who was hanging on their houseboat for the weekend. They decided to tie up the two houseboats and really celebrate. On that other houseboat was a hot looking young gal, we hit it off that weekend in June and then stayed in touch. She visited me for 4th of July and in August she moved from Northern CA to San Luis Obispo. We've been together ever since (5 years) and got married this past September.

Green Beans...true story
80493c61cff0ac8f42c091870d9bf012.jpg

My wife and I were both in sales and she was my competitor, one day I walked in to one of my accounts and she was in there making a cold call on them and got a second meeting lol, she eventually took my account away from me so I invited her to lunch and I told her I would get back one day. Two years later we were at the alter getting married and I whispered to her that I told her I'd get her back for stealing my acct and we both busted out laughing at the altar lol, best decision of my life, she's awesome!

My wife and I were both in sales and she was my competitor, one day I walked in to one of my accounts and she was in there making a cold call on them and got a second meeting lol, she eventually took my account away from me so I invited her to lunch and I told her I would get back one day. Two years later we were at the alter getting married and I whispered to her that I told her I'd get her back for stealing my acct and we both busted out laughing at the altar lol, best decision of my life, she's awesome!
ABC Marc. Love that story

Met my wife at a country bar in Houston. Not really a fan of country music, so I was just sitting down drinking a beer. This girl and her friends cane over and asked why I wasn't dancing and I said I didn't know how to dance to country music, so they all took it upon themselves to teach me.

So the big question of course is, does she still take you dancing at country bars.

When Michelle and I met, Garth Brooks was in his prime. I always had a CD of his playing (someone explain to the young guys here what a CD is) she kept making fun of that red neck music.

Today she knows a hell of a lot more of the current country singers and songs than I do.

I love that story Marc. She got the account bit you got the bog prize.

Playing ice hockey believe it or not. Was playing in a beer league and she was one of several girls on a team I hooked on with. She could play too, being a former college player.

So the big question of course is, does she still take you dancing at country bars.

When Michelle and I met, Garth Brooks was in his prime. I always had a CD of his playing (someone explain to the young guys here what a CD is) she kept making fun of that red neck music.

Today she knows a hell of a lot more of the current country singers and songs than I do.

I love that story Marc. She got the account bit you got the bog prize.

20 years later, we don't do much bar hopping anymore. Life and 3 kids keeps that lifestyle dead. She still takes very good care of me though. I haven't done a load of laundry in about 15 years (I'm not allowed to), She wakes up at the same time as I do and makes me coffee even though she doesn't have to. I will come home from work and the yard will already be mowed, dinner is usually cooked and the house is already clean. She's absolutely perfect. The biggest thing is that I don't tell her where she can go or what she can do, and she doesn't tell me where I can go and what I can do.

I tell all my young friends that the best wife is no wife, but if you have to have one, you want one like mine.

Back