Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Love reading all of the posts. Figured I'd might as well start posting. I think the two I'm down to is the g30 and 815. Cousin has the g30. I like it but the deeper, longer head looks odd to me. I want to try the 815. Might throw in the Titleist 915 D2 for fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
All three are fantastic clubs. Sound from the 815 is most pleasing IMO and it's not even close. All three are plenty forgiving. It will just come down to personal preference and what you like looking down at

Cobra Bio Cell+ driver with the x-flex red tie.

Thanks! Love reading all of the posts. Figured I'd might as well start posting. I think the two I'm down to is the g30 and 815. Cousin has the g30. I like it but the deeper, longer head looks odd to me. I want to try the 815. Might throw in the Titleist 915 D2 for fun.

I agree with Kang above, all three of those are fun clubs, but the 815 Alpha is just something else, I was a holdout on it and didn't want to believe what I was reading...but it delivered. Launch for DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS, and by far the best sounding of those three heads.

I agree with Kang above, all three of those are fun clubs, but the 815 Alpha is just something else, I was a holdout on it and didn't want to believe what I was reading...but it delivered. Launch for DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS, and by far the best sounding of those three heads.

Now I'm curious haha. Never been a callaway guy....nothing against them...just never played any of their clubs. Looks like I need to check it out. Just need to find somewhere to hit them.

Now I'm curious haha. Never been a callaway guy....nothing against them...just never played any of their clubs. Looks like I need to check it out. Just need to find somewhere to hit them.

Worth a swing dude. When in doubt, hit em all and sort it out that way. Everyone is making some seriously good equipment right now.

Worth a swing dude. When in doubt, hit em all and sort it out that way. Everyone is making some seriously good equipment right now.

Yea. I still have a Ping i15 in my bag so I figured it was time for an upgrade!

I guess the only silver lining of playing like crap is all ponders go out the window. Today reset all ponders.

I guess the only silver lining of playing like crap is all ponders go out the window. Today reset all ponders.

No way. Best time to ponder.

I have one for sale in the marketplace if you're interested.

I saw that (and with two shafts!). If it was 9*, I'd have been all over it. I picked up a 913D2 last night instead.

After the way I hit it at my fitting today, Callaway Big Bertha 3W. I was absolutely PUMMELING that thing. Or maybe a 4W, not sure. But damn, it was impressive. Also C Taper Lites for my irons, but since I haven't actually hit them yet I will hold judgment till my full fitting.

Thats when all my ponders start because its a club issue not a swing issue.

Currently gaming TM Rocketbladez Tour irons, played them all last season and am just in the mood to try another set. I was looking at the bridgestone J40s and also the TM TP CB's. Any insight on either set. My last 2 sets have been TM but for some reason I just want to try the J40s. Ive read a lot of reviews on both sets and they seem to be kind of similar the only down side that the J40s may be shorter distance wise.

Currently gaming TM Rocketbladez Tour irons, played them all last season and am just in the mood to try another set. I was looking at the bridgestone J40s and also the TM TP CB's. Any insight on either set. My last 2 sets have been TM but for some reason I just want to try the J40s. Ive read a lot of reviews on both sets and they seem to be kind of similar the only down side that the J40s may be shorter distance wise.

Which J40s? DPC or CB?

Which J40s? DPC or CB?

ive seen pros and cons about both sets and most people say go with the DPCs but I just really love the look of the CB's and they would play a lot like my RBZ tours I have now I believe

I have the DPCs and I used to game the TM TP MCs. DPCs are way easier to hit and will be in my bag for a long time.

So dang close to pre-ordering an XR driver.

I am pondering many things right now, including:

Piretti Matera FN
Other milled wide flanges
Big Bertha 3W/4W
C-Taper Lite or NS Pro 950 shafts

But I will not act on any of them until I get my fitting. No more guessing on what works.

I am pondering many things right now, including:

Piretti Matera FN
Other milled wide flanges
Big Bertha 3W/4W
C-Taper Lite or NS Pro 950 shafts

But I will not act on any of them until I get my fitting. No more guessing on what works.

You know the NS Pro 950 shafts are a stock option in the 545s #enabler

You know the NS Pro 950 shafts are a stock option in the 545s #enabler

Uh oh hahaha. Good to know! I love those irons

right now, I'm pondering grips. Decent but cheap grips. Leaning towards Lamkin 3gen's so far.

right now, I'm pondering grips. Decent but cheap grips. Leaning towards Lamkin 3gen's so far.

If you want something cheap with some cord in it, Sharpro MultiCompound grips are solid, I've got a few on my CMB set if you want to feel em up (hehe :act-up:). They actually created the multicompound grip and patented it before Golf Pride's NDMC, so GP pays them royalties. GP just has a WAAAAAY bigger and more effective marketing group.

Last time I was at Pro Golf they were like $4 a pop, and you can probably get them less online.

3gens and Niions are my favorite rubber-type grips.

Anyone use the Adams 1308 irons? Look similar to the cb3 and can be had cheap. I am on a super budget and they look like the most solid for the $150 range.

Anyone use the Adams 1308 irons? Look similar to the cb3 and can be had cheap. I am on a super budget and they look like the most solid for the $150 range.
If you are patient you can get the cb3's for maybe 50 bucks more. I paid about 190 for mine about 6 months ago.

I'm seriously considering the Adams Tight Lies 5 & 6 Hybrids, but find very few reviews and no shops carry them here in Germany. I have the 5 & 7 Fairway woods from the older model and think these hybrids may be super easy to hit too. I went with challenging irons last year (Apex Pro), so guess the pendulum is just swinging back the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back