How many rounds in row can you go without a 3-putt?

If I'm hitting a lot of gir's about 9 holes.

Not many........

I can go plenty of rounds without a four putt. A three putt though ... I dunno. One?

Honestly probably zero. I think there may have been a round or two where I had no 3 putts at some point but 1 or two will happen even when Im playing well.

Eh I three putt pretty much every round .

Definitely the strength of my game.

/s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seriously can't remember the last time I didn't 3 putt

tootsie-pop-owl.jpg

The world may never know!!

I seem to end up with at least one in every round, usually because I blew a putt too far past the hole

From reading all the replies, it seems that we should replace the word "round" with "hole" in the question.

Right now, for me, zero is the answer. But the question does raise a good aspirational goal for this year.

Yeah, chalk me up for 1 round at most. I've yet to do it this season. My scores reflect it.

I would say that 3 putts and putts in a round is a linked stat. If you're hitting a GIR, then you have a higher chance of 3 putting than if you are 3 feet off and get to chip up.

I have no idea my longest streak without a 3 putt but it's probably not that long. Current streak is one.

I average about one three-putt per round lately. For May, 8 rounds posted, 8 three-putts. Two rounds with no three-putts, two rounds with two three-putts. Some of the places where I've been leaving the ball makes a three-putt not so bad.

Interesting topic.
Even when I am putting real well and accumulate a good share of 1-putts in a given round I still mange to 3 putt at least once per round. I usually average one 3-putt per nine. I don't recall though I am sure I have had a rare round here or there with no 3 putts but not many at all. I am ok (for now) with one or two 3's per round as long as I also have my good share of one-putts in that same round. I say "ok" but I don't like them and would love to eliminate them all together.

I don't track my putting only if we do it on Wed for club day. But I do know I haven't had any in my last two rounds.

If it helps, I once went 2 holes without a 3 putt. It my longest streak to date, and the way this season has started it's unlikely to be beaten in the near future!!

The more GIRs I hit, the more 3-putts I make. When I just started and rarely hit greens. I was always laying up and able to pitch or chip it fairly close, and have two putts, max. Now that I'm hitting more and more greens I sometimes leave myself with tricky 30 foot putts which can result in a 3-putt. Happens about once to twice a round lately.

Sadly none! I usually have two or more. It's definitely one of the areas I need to work on. When I went to the Pelz school, he had us increase the tempo of our putt and it has helped tremendously but until I practice the lag putts, things won't change and I know it.

1 round. Dammit! I really need to continue improvement here.

don't think I ever have ... or ever will

What streak?!

Since I began keeping records of every round in 2012 (217 rounds), I have had two streaks of four rounds without a three putt and nine streaks of two rounds. I've also had nine four-putts during this time. I recently had a putting lesson, so I expect the four-putt number to rapidly increase while the changes bed in.

I haven't kept track but I doubt it's higher than 1 round. I'm VERY happy when I can go a full round without a 3 putt.

I haven't kept track but I doubt it's higher than 1 round. I'm VERY happy when I can go a full round without a 3 putt.

This .

Shouldn't have started this thread. My first two holes today: 3 putt, then 4 putt! Threw another 3 putt in for good measure on the back nine!

Shouldn't have started this thread. My first two holes today: 3 putt, then 4 putt! Threw another 3 putt in for good measure on the back nine!
Does it count if you had a 4 putt but no 3 putts? :alien:

If I went two round s in a row without one, I'd be pretty surprised

Back