Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

Wow the rough on the right of the green looks way lower than the green itself. Throw in a tree and some bunkers over there, and I'm guessing that's not where you want to be.

What tees are normally played on this hole?

Depends on format. Best ball it would likely be from blue I think while AS or singles would have it from the whites.

We've also done mixed tee at events there as well.

This hole sets up nice for me. I am hitting driver towards the middle. The way I have been hitting a slight fade will help even more. This should be a driver/pitching wedge.

Depends on format. Best ball it would likely be from blue I think while AS or singles would have it from the whites.

We've also done mixed tee at events there as well.

Last year in AS we were at the blues no?

Last year in AS we were at the blues no?

I really don't remember. I think about 14 and blues there would have you teeing off directly over water I believe.....and I've never hit from back there.

Driver down the right is very risky. The tree canopy and those bunkers make it pretty risky. Favor the left side all day for me.

if a person is at or just left of the 137 marker from the picture looks to be playable or does it need to be played further left of that?

You've got that right!

people who look at just the score card have no idea just how this course will force you to work for a score. These graphic representations of the holes only tell a small part of the story here. Such a great course! A perfect bookend for True Blue.

I remember seeing guys go at this green and missing right. That gully is a pretty good drop off and that rough was no joke. I saw guys taking a couple of swings just to get it out and onto the green. Definitely requires a solid approach shot to stay out of there.

if a person is at or just left of the 137 marker from the picture looks to be playable or does it need to be played further left of that?

137 is fine, even that first cut just right can be okay. Depends on pin as well and if the tree is blocking your approach.

Truth be told, there is zero reason not to go even further left. A tee shot at 137 that even leaks a hair can kick down right pretty hard since it slopes that way.

I've never liked 12. It's sets up bad for me and I've played it poorly pretty much every time. Pretty hole though.

On those two courses you don't want to be second guessing gear that's for sure

Must trust it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This hole sets up nice for me. I am hitting driver towards the middle. The way I have been hitting a slight fade will help even more. This should be a driver/pitching wedge.

Location is paramount on both courses. Stay within yourself and think. Good scores can be had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i better work on my push miss...that will not end up well on #12.

I'm going to put a rubber ball a little forward in my stance to get some extra height, then crank down on it with a 3 wood and reach the green in 1. Should be able to walk out of there with an eagle.

~Rock

This looks like a driver hole for me, get me out there to a decent short iron and try an escape with a par.

Probably smooth swing with a driver for me as well, then any middle iron in and I'd be happy

Not 100% on the entire bag, but pretty darn close 2to being there

Driver - D200 w/ stiff Tour Green
FWs - FW ... I don't need no stinkin' FW
Hybrids - D200 2, 3 & 4 w/ stiff Chrome Elements
Irons - C-100 5-GW w/ stiff C-Taper Lites
Wedges - Satin TC 54* & 60*
Putter - Infinite Michigan Ave @ 34"

Not 100% on the entire bag, but pretty darn close 2to being there

Driver - D200 w/ stiff Tour Green
FWs - FW ... I don't need no stinkin' FW
Hybrids - D200 2, 3 & 4 w/ stiff Chrome Elements
Irons - C-100 5-GW w/ stiff C-Taper Lites
Wedges - Satin TC 54* & 60*
Putter - Infinite Michigan Ave @ 34"

looking good. I'm going without a FW also, just trying to decide if I want 2 hybrids or 1 hybrid and 1 utility iron

Played 27 holes today to start getting the body Legacy ready. Played 9 holes took a break and got a snack. Then went back out and played 18 and shot a personal best, an 84. Shot a 45 on the front and 39 on the back.

Played 27 holes today to start getting the body Legacy ready. Played 9 holes took a break and got a snack. Then went back out and played 18 and shot a personal best, an 84. Shot a 45 on the front and 39 on the back.
Good work dude!

Well done bud. Think I can speak for everyone on Tradition that we want your best!

Sure I'll play :) I'll do Bridgestone bag since I'm biased

Driver - 715 10.5 tour green x

FW Wood - J15 3w and 5w with tour green x

Irons - cb 4 to pw kbs tour v 125 (120 x if 125 not avail)

Wedges - black oxide 50, 54, 58

Td03 (steel shafts available?)

Lakin crossline cord grips

That was fun. Brings back some warm and fuzzy memories. I would have gone mb but I can't do the chrome in myrtle beach sun lol

Wilson Staff setup not quite finished but looking like...
D200 9 deg with Tour Green stiff
D200 3W with Tour Green stiff
D200 5W with Tour Green stiff (maybe)
D200 Hybrid Kuro Kage stiff (loft TBD)
Irons M3s or C100s 5 -GW
Wedges Tour TC Frosted 54/58

Should solidify things in a couple of days.

Edit: forgot the putter. Would love to game the 8802, but likely to be the Infinite North Side.

Last edited:
Completely out of left field I'm considering going with the D200 irons.
Gonna hit them tomorrow and see how the short irons work for me.

Looking forward to your thoughts

Completely out of left field I'm considering going with the D200 irons.
Gonna hit them tomorrow and see how the short irons work for me.

Speaking on behalf of team tradition, I think you should just pass on those.

Who needs long, high, straight shots?

Back