Wilson D200 Irons Review Thread

That is for many reasons. The post you quoted is just not accurate.

I've never bought into the theory that "blades" will make you a better "ball striker." I suppose if you have to practice hours upon days with them so as not to miss due to the lack of forgiveness. But Wouldn't you be just as good of "ball striker" if you did the same with GI or SGI irons?

These look similar to my C100s. I have noticed that the C100s tend to set up slightly closed for me. Anyone notice that with the D200?

Definitely and it completely shows the size. I think this goes back to people not having seen these in hand as of yet.

I saw them in person today for the first time, very impressed. The fg tour M3 looks great too

Definitely and it completely shows the size. I think this goes back to people not having seen these in hand as of yet.
Ding ding ding...much smaller once in hand then some of the pics that had been floating around the internet.
These and the new Bridgestone line have me most intrigued in 2015

It is shame Wilson Staff has not be able to place this clubs in Golf Galaxy and Golf Smith after getting that Gold Star from golf digest. I thought that would be the tipping point.

Ding ding ding...much smaller once in hand then some of the pics that had been floating around the internet.
These and the new Bridgestone line have me most intrigued in 2015

Hmmmm. Interesting. Aren't those the two equipment companies in #THPLegacy???

Some good comparison pix here. I think these are some of the best looking SGI clubs at address this year. One of the many reasons I plan to game a set this summer.
Maybe I'm blind but these pictures do them no justice. They look like the biggest of the 3 and I've seen how huge those TMs look in person.

D200 Size

D200 Size

Maybe I'm blind but these pictures do them no justice. They look like the biggest of the 3 and I've seen how huge those TMs look in person.

To each his/her own. Are they a bit larger than the C100's? It looks like it but the C100 also has a fairly thick topline.
For me, I don't care what my golf partners think about how my irons look especially when I can hit them higher and straighter then they can with their smaller clubs.

Like someone said, different strokes for different folks. But, as a senior golfer, I'm way past the point of being concerned that the irons I now play are SGI and look SGI.
I bagged the CI9's for a couple seasons and they looked really nice but when I started hitting the D100's last year, I was sold on the D100's and the Ci9's were traded in on them.
I don't regret it one bit.

Just my opinion...

To each his/her own. Are they a bit larger than the C100's? It looks like it but the C100 also has a fairly thick topline.
For me, I don't care what my golf partners think about how my irons look especially when I can hit them higher and straighter then they can with their smaller clubs.

Like someone said, different strokes for different folks. But, as a senior golfer, I'm way past the point of being concerned that the irons I now play are SGI and look SGI.
I bagged the CI9's for a couple seasons and they looked really nice but when I started hitting the D100's last year, I was sold on the D100's and the Ci9's were traded in on them.

Just my opinion...
Good for you. Anyone that clowns on someone's gear is an A hole. Just because something doesn't fit my eye does not mean it is great for another. I play with a lot of great golfers all with different types of gear from old school blades to thick soled super duper hybrid sgi irons and you know what??? That's cool bro.

Just my opinion...

I agree, my game has improved a lot over the last two years, but my thought process has been under constant evolution, and I have come to the conclusion that I WANT all the help I can get when it comes to a golf club. The "status" of playing a blade or a combo set just isn't there for me anymore. I want to hit the ball straight, and high, so that I can enjoy the game even more.

I'm excited to finally put some swings on these next weekend. Been waiting all winter!

The D200s look svelte compared to the Ping Karstens.

7ddb387d8f19f7ca7e0b19245cc18c1c.jpg
22ab296c3836ee710af9d3c0252fdf88.jpg

he karstens in that combo set always had that ibrid look. I'd never game them and I'm a Ping ho.

Wilson's have a much thinner top line and less offset than the Bertha ' s which are also in the same class. Yet the fact that the groves extend further towards the heel inspires more confidence for me at address. I think that can also make them seem bigger than they are which can be a turn off for some.

8306da6cd1cc20264e9bd666918161fc.jpg
4c95cb1d808976dd5f27354d5e7232b8.jpg

Good info there Erik. I never seemed to have issues with offset until recently.

What shafts do you have in those bad boys erik?

WS SGI Irons

WS SGI Irons

Good for you. Anyone that clowns on someone's gear is an A hole. Just because something doesn't fit my eye does not mean it is great for another. I play with a lot of great golfers all with different types of gear from old school blades to thick soled super duper hybrid sgi irons and you know what??? That's cool bro.

Thanks Wilson Staffer. Obviously with your forum sign you have a propensity for Wilson Staff like me.
My intention is to give the D200's a serious try and see if they can push the D100's out of my bag.

I love this forum! The consensus seems to be that the D200's are a definite improvement over the D100's.
That would be great...I'll let everyone here on the forum know as soon as I can properly evaluate them.

I really want to hit these with some matrix program shafts....now only to find an opportunity to do that. I like the looks of these a lot.

Matrix Program shafts

Matrix Program shafts

I really want to hit these with some matrix program shafts....now only to find an opportunity to do that. I like the looks of these a lot.

GreggDrews,

I'm just curious about your wanting to put the Matrix Program shafts in these irons. You'll have to forgive me, I'm certainly no expert on golf shafts. But I see you currently bag the UST Recoils in your irons now. You don't think the UST Elements Chrome with Recoil technology would be similar enough to want to try those as stock shafts? I'm just curious because I'm hoping the stock UST Chromes will be a good shaft for a senior like me.

GreggDrews,

I'm just curious about your wanting to put the Matrix Program shafts in these irons. You'll have to forgive me, I'm certainly no expert on golf shafts. But I see you currently bag the UST Recoils in your irons now. You don't think the UST Elements Chrome with Recoil technology would be similar enough to want to try those as stock shafts? I'm just curious because I'm hoping the stock UST Chromes will be a good shaft for a senior like me.

I've wanted to compare the programs vs the recoils and JB happens to have the programs in a set of D200's. I do like the looks of these so eventhough it's not apples to apples with my J40's I think I could get a good enough feel from them with liking the looks of the D200 head.

Thanks Wilson Staffer. Obviously with your forum sign you have a propensity for Wilson Staff like me.
My intention is to give the D200's a serious try and see if they can push the D100's out of my bag.

I love this forum! The consensus seems to be that the D200's are a definite improvement over the D100's.
That would be great...I'll let everyone here on the forum know as soon as I can properly evaluate them.
You know it bro. Always had a soft spot in my heart for Wilson irons dating back to the GE 1200's. Wilson has always been upper echelon in the iron department and it looks like they're taking strides to improve the other aspects of equipment like with drivers, hybrids and wedges as well as the infinity putter line. Looks like they're back in the right direction.

Back