Cleveland Classic XL - Sneek Peek

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I figured there might be a few guys out there that wanted to see and talk about this upcoming driver from Cleveland. As always, we'll have more information as it comes.

ClevelandXL-thumb-455x555-84807-L.jpg

What makes it XL? (Sorry if thats a dumb question)

Oh yes, let the fun begin. Appears to be a 285 version and black. Quite interesting!

Wondering what will be XL about it. Larger Face? Longer clubhead?

what? the classic was the awesome look it had. dont go away from that Cleveland.

what? the classic was the awesome look it had. dont go away from that Cleveland.

I agree, that cinnamon head is just so darn pretty looking

I thought the classic was great looking, esp at setup. I just wish I could have found happiness with it. Didn't happen, perhaps with the XL.

i like it. i just could not make the standard classic work for me, too.. weird.. this one should be nice though.

Hard to tell from the picture, but I hope Cleveland is not making the Classic XL with a matte finish. I have really not enjoyed the matte finish offerings from other manufacturers.

I'm actually more interested to see the shaft offerings with the Classic XL than the actual club head. I suspect it is going to be a beast.

Hard to tell from the picture, but I hope Cleveland is not making the Classic XL with a matte finish. I have really not enjoyed the matte finish offerings from other manufacturers.

I'm actually more interested to see the shaft offerings with the Classic XL than the actual club head. I suspect it is going to be a beast.

I am pretty sure the Miyazaki shaft that is being tested, the JDL is the shaft offering.

Interesting. I thought I heard rumblings of an adjustable Classic coming out. I'm not a fan of the black look though, as One-T said....don't take the classic look away from the Classic!

I think Dev is right. I heard that the JDL will be the stock offering.

Interesting. I thought I heard rumblings of an adjustable Classic coming out. I'm not a fan of the black look though, as One-T said....don't take the classic look away from the Classic!

If I remember correctly, there will be another part to this, double release?

I really like the white on black, though I did like the uniqueness that the cinnamon colourway added.

I personally like the black version

I figured there might be a few guys out there that wanted to see and talk about this upcoming driver from Cleveland. As always, we'll have more information as it comes.

ClevelandXL-thumb-455x555-84807-L.jpg

Murdered out!! I love it!

Can't wait to see a picture of the topline.

Maybe the XL is just deeper? I like the black look and cant wait to hear more.

I am pretty sure the Miyazaki shaft that is being tested, the JDL is the shaft offering.
I think Dev is right. I heard that the JDL will be the stock offering.

The one pictured above doesn't appear to be adjustable. The JDL's key design is the elimination of a spine, a key advantage for those utilizing adjustable drivers.

Are we seeing one of a couple driver head options in 2013 for Cleveland?

Ugh...I'm drooling now!

Is it black, or just a black & white photo?

I feel like it's a merger of the Black and the Classic

I saw online that there was going to be two versions, one of which would be adjustable, but those were just rumblings too, be interesting to see what really comes out

If I remember correctly, there will be another part to this, double release?

I really like the white on black, though I did like the uniqueness that the cinnamon colourway added.

I think it looks pretty sharp as well. Can't wait to see more Cleveland stuff rolling out for 2013

Murdered out!! I love it!

Can't wait to see a picture of the topline.

Agreed, I am digging the black. I have a feeling this may be adjustable as well....but personally I am a bit indifferent to that but nice option to have...no doubt.

For some reason I see Raiders fans loving this one. I don't know why but it looks very Raider esque. I don't think that's a huge market.

Back