Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

Im looking at White Pearl....maybe a little salt and pepper combo or Oreo double stuff if you will. Black grips, Pearl white Shaft, black head.

So many options for W/S guys. I love the blue wedges, but I think the black would go great with the white pearl shafts.

We have pretty good humidity hear in the coastal part of VA and I would recommend getting some good socks. I wear my running socks to keep the feet feeling good. Also they sell the cooling towels at lowes that you just wet and snap, they are nice and you can always bring a wash cloth and just soak it and place on your neck.

Yeah you guys worked your asses off covering all of us, thank you.

Pro tip: Drink lots of water while in MB. Dress in normal summer golf clothes and have fun.
Swiftwick socks and UA bottoms FTW!!

I didn't even swing a club in MB last year and I think I lost like 5 lbs. Get used to being sweaty cause you will literally be soaked before you get 10 paces out the door down there.

I didn't even swing a club in MB last year and I think I lost like 5 lbs. Get used to being sweaty cause you will literally be soaked before you get 10 paces out the door down there.

swiftwick and UA is what I live by

Then we put it all back on drinking each night!

Man I suck at making equipment decisions! This is going to be very tough. Once I make the decision then I will second guess that too.

Man I suck at making equipment decisions! This is going to be very tough. Once I make the decision then I will second guess that too.
No reason to over think it with the amount of work you are putting in you will be successful. Trust your instincts on the equipment and it will all fall into place. On that note I hope I draw you for singles

Ain't that the truth.

No reason to over think it with the amount of work you are putting in you will be successful. Trust your instincts on the equipment and it will all fall into place. On that note I hope I draw you for singles
Why is that? You like losing?

I like crushing dreams
Hahaha. It's all good dude....but you need to hop off the bong before then. Cause there is no hope in dope. It would be a blast to play with you. Looking forward to it.

You and me both.

Kevin, don't get stressed about the equipment. Play what you know.

Kevin, don't get stressed about the equipment. Play what you know.
I don't know that's the problem Hawk. Shafts right now are the issue. The web fit puts me one thing, and I want to believe it. I just can't get there. I need to go find these and test them before I pull the trigger. We get one chance. No mulligans lol. But I got a week to figure it out.

Going to take this to the KBS thread.

Go gut, then own it, love it and play it like you know you can. I think by time the weekend is over you will be more comfortable with choices

I thought it would be cool chat about the courses, give us something to think about. And get some insight from any of the MC veterans to talk about things to consider as look to tee it up in July.

First hole on TrueBlue. How would you play it.
For sake of discussion let's say we're playing the Blue Tees.

What a way to start a great event! Well I would just bang a 350 YD draw to the center of the fairway and strike a 3 wood center of the green and take my two putt birdie. Now that I'm done dreaming, my thought would be to hit driver and get it on the fairway. Seeing how there is a hazard guarding the from portion of the green, I'd would law up to distance that I can get a full wedge into the green.

It's a tough hole if you're not longer than average.

For people like me, swing away off the tee since there's a lot of room. Layup with as long a club as you can hit with consistency and distance. Try to not leave yourself a long approach shot, because there's not much room for error into that green.

When I played this hole in singles from the whites, I took driver and ended up just past the bunker on the right, then 4h to about 100 yards, then 50* into the green and 2 putt for par. From the blues it would likely be driver, 2hy, PW into the green. It's a long hole and getting off the tee well is very important, but the nerves associated with that shot make it even harder.

That hole is long enough that getting home in two is not an option for me. I'd go driver off the tee, I want to favor the left side of the fairway, then hit either hybrid or FW to my number 90yds. The approach into that green can be difficult based on pin placement. If it's tucked in the back the I will be looking for center of the green. Any where else I may be a little
more aggressive.

From the blues Im hitting driver then 3h. Depending on how those shots go I might be laying up before the water and relying on getting up and down for par.

Im hoping we will be playing the whites on that hole though. 600yds is a loooong hole for me

Singles this past year I hit Driver, crappy hybrid that got about 5 feet off the ground, which left me a long way in. 7 iron on the fringe, 2 putt par. That's from the whites. Usually with my own ball I have a AW to a 9 iron in to that green. It's a pretty deep green too. No room to miss on the right or short left.

Back