The 2014 Birdie/Eagle Tree Thread

First birdie of the year yesterday. Par 4, had a nice drive down the middle, hit my 7i up hill to s blind pin, didn't feel like my greatest ball strike of the day, got up there and the ball was sitting 2ft away. Easy birdie. Then I bogeyed the next three holes!

2 weeks ago I had a chip in eagle on the par 5 7th hole and 1 other bird on that round.
Last weekend I had 2 birds, one on par 5 #2 and then on par 4 #15 and finished 1 over 73.

I eagled #9, a 493 par 5 from the blue tees. I hit driver straight but didn't catch it so I was pretty far back. Mindful of the recent course management / lay up on par 5 threads I hit a very nice 7 iron to 120, then sank the gap wedge from there. The ball landed a couple of inches from the hole, bounced off the flag, then spun its way into the hole.

Back to Back Birdies today on #3 and #4 on the Mountain Course at my home club.

#3: Par 4. Drive down the middle, uphill second 140 yards and hit it to about 18 feet past pin. Best putt of the round drops for Birdie, a double breaker that I was just trying to get close.

#4: Par 4. Short hole. Drive in right rough with driver; great second shot on 65yards. Hit 58degree Mack Daddy 2 to 6 feet, then make putt.

I very rarely go back to back so this was a nice highlight to the round!

I forgot this thread was around. I need to include my round from last week.

I birdied three of my first four holes, and then eagled the eighth hole during my round last week. I had not been on fire like that in a while.

It was a crazy nine holes.

8i from 160 on the par 3 12th to about 30 feet (big green). I sank the uphill right to left breaker, with the ball dying beautifully in the hole.

3 birdies on my round today. 3 lipped out birdy putts as well. Hit 4w to 8 ft on a par 5 but couldnt capitalize on the eagle putt

The 2014 Birdie/Eagle Tree Thread

My last eagle:
242m par4. Drive right of green, maybe 2m long, 7m right of the hole. Chipped in, awesome!

Strangest birdie of the round:
Par5, 439m or so. Drive at least 20m right of target. Hybrid about 15m right of the green and at least 20m long.. Ended up on the ladies teebox of the next hole. Pitch back is over a fence, over a bunker and the pin is tucked near the bunker, maybe 4.5m (15feet), I'm guessing about 40m..
Pitch is near perfect, ends up within a meter from the hole, put falls.

3 birdies on my round today. 3 lipped out birdy putts as well. Hit 4w to 8 ft on a par 5 but couldnt capitalize on the eagle putt

Way to go. 3 birdies is strong.

I had two today. I had a ton of opportunity but could only get those two in. Both were after hitting some solid approach shots with my LW.

Only managed 2 birdies out of the 36 holes I played over Thursday and Friday, but there were none on Thursday at Rockliffe Hall

Both were on Friday playing at Morley Hayes with a couple guys from another forum (non-golf related)

3rd Hole, 471yds, Par 5

All uphill, slight dogleg to the left with OOB running all along that side. I hit my tee shot (3W) up to the corner and short of the bunker that would catch anything that runs through. Laid up with my second shot leaving myself a SW to a green protected by bunkers short, left and right which obscured the view of the putting surface so it was a little bit of a guess as to the exact distance but when we got to the green I was left with around a 10ft putt which I dropped for the first birdie of the day

6th hole, 158yds, Par 3

Nothing too difficult about this hole other than making sure you get your distances correct due to the hole being slightly uphill again with 2 bunkers protecting front left and right of the green. I took a 9i but didn't quite hit it as cleanly as I would have liked but got slightly lucky as the ball took a bounce forward off the back of the bunker which left me a shorter putt than I would have had if the ball had landed 2ft to the right. Once again the putter dropped the putt for my second birdie of the day

I had two today. 5i from 185 to tap in on a par 3 and driver, hybrid, wedge, 30 foot putt on a par 5.

My first birdie of the year today. 380 yard par 4. Hit driver 270 right down the middle, which is a massive drive for me. 110 left in, hit PW to 8ft and then drained the right to left breaking putt.

Par 5 @ 505 yards. 3 shots later Im 5 feet off the green 30 ft from the flag. Picked my line, added some shaft lean and chipped it in for a birdie. I had a chip in for par on the next hole and another narrow chip in for birdie several holes later.

I had two today and really should have had 3 but for a stupid burned lip.

357 yard dog leg right par 4. Drive to cut the dog leg, leaving 75 yards to the pin. 9:00 LW Pelz shot to about 5 feet and drained the putt.

452 yard par 5. Drive to 205 out. Almost went for it but you have to carry a lake, there was a head wind and I didn't like the lie. Layed up to 105, then GW to about 30 feet (did I mention the wind?). Sank the uphill left to right breaker for the birdie.

Four birdies today.

2nd hole par 3. Hit 9i about 150 to a 156 yard pin. Sank my 18 footer.

3rd hole par 5. Hit a good drive about 290. 2nd shot was 239 in hit it through the green. Chipped to 3 feet and made the putt.

6th hole par 5. Hit a good drive and good lay up. 114 to hole, hit a nice GW to 3 ft and made the putt.

15th hole par 5. Hit a good drive and a good lay up. 95 to hole and hit it to 7 ft and made the putt.

Four birdies is a lot in a round for me. Normally I get 1-2.

One today. 128 yard par 3. Stick it to about 6 feet and dropped it in

First birdie of the season for me came Friday on a short par 4. 3w to about 130 yards, 9 iron over a bunker to 7 ft. Heavy slope and right to left breaking putt that trickled on the last revolution of the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My last one, sort of ugly, but nice too. A par5:

Drive to the right of the fairway, in rough but sort of decent lie. Decent enough to try and go for the green that's >220yards out.
Pushed it again, short and right into a bunker. Good lie luckily! About 25 yards left.
Bunker shot is magnificent, almost hits the pin and ends up just over 3 feet from the hole.
Put drops, oh yeah!

Birdied the 6th on Friday. 350yd par 4. Hit driver straight up the middle (one of only 3 fairways hit :angry:) to 99yds.
SW to 6' below the hole and drained the putt.

Had a nice little chip-in birdie on #13, par 4, at Kinderlou(.com) Forest.
4W to the dogleg. 6i drew just a bit and ended up just a tad left of the green. Two bounce hit the pin birdie chip in.

I had my first eagle of 2015 playing at Lake Spivey with Ole Gray and DawgDaddy Friday. Good drive on a rock-hard fairway, 21* hybrid to the green, 25-30 foot uphill putt. Three good shots.

Had a chip in eagle on the first hole and a chip in birdie on the 8th hole in my round today. It was only my second eagle ever and both have been chip ins on the same hole.

One in each of my last two rounds.

Chip in second to last round.
Miracle 40 footer last round.

Shot a bird on the opening hole of my 9 today testing out the Bridgestone Lady Precept. Talk about starting with a bang. and was 3 inches away from closing with one as well.

Back