Cleveland Golf 2014

h0ss66

Reaction score
Any word on what's in the pipeline for Cleveland in 2014?

Smart sole wedges are a great idea and the new altitude driver looks good, but I'd like to see some new irons.

via Tapatalk now Free

Me neither. I was able to get my hands on the Sole Wedge today for a few swings. Like the feel and struck the ball what one would assume good off a mat into the practice net.

Would like to see an iron release for 2014. Maybe they have some big in the plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The releases so far have been impressive. Between the Altitude driver, smart sole, and smart square they have broken some of the stereotypes of what we expect.

With that said, I'm extremely curious to see what they produce with fairways, hybos, and especially the irons.

The releases so far have been impressive. Between the Altitude driver, smart sole, and smart square they have broken some of the stereotypes of what we expect.

With that said, I'm extremely curious to see what they produce with fairways, hybos, and especially the irons.
The thing with cleveland, year in and year out they have a line, that from top to bottom encompass all varieties of Golfers. With the 588 CB and MB being 2 years out, one would think that its time for an updated iron line on that side of things with the Altitudes/MT/TT sets remaining constant.

I will be interested to see if they change up the RTX that, to me, seemed quite popular this year.

If I was guessing, we'll see more after the 2014 PGA Show. They usually do a small release this time of year, and then a larger one in Spring.

If I was guessing, we'll see more after the 2014 PGA Show. They usually do a small release this time of year, and then a larger one in Spring.
No doubt. As a Cleveland homer, I cant freaking wait to see their new line.

I'm loving my cleveland irons I got off mike. I only see bigger and better in 2014

Yea, I wonder what is coming. Personally, I hope they consider some pretty big changes to how they are branding and marketing things and I don't just mean by getting super extreme or whatever.

I think they had some excellent ideas last year, and are following it up this year. They've just got to make it more attractive to more people imo.

Yea, I wonder what is coming. Personally, I hope they consider some pretty big changes to how they are branding and marketing things and I don't just mean by getting super extreme or whatever.

I think they had some excellent ideas last year, and are following it up this year. They've just got to make it more attractive to more people imo.

I agree, 100% with this, Hawk. Based on what they have been doing the past year or so, I think people are starting to look at them as an
"SGI" company. Personally, I dont, but I think people look at the TT/MT/Altitudes and then look away. Which is tragic, as the 588 line from this year is hands down one of the best iron sets I have ever gamed.

Totally agree Hawk - I think their driver's the last couple years have been super and their wedges are always top notch. For me, I just feel like they lag behind in something.....it seems like there isn't any hype or noise for their releases. And I mean this more on a from Cleveland standpoint vs from the consumer side. I feel like they are right above Bridgestone(ball aside) when it comes to marketing their products. I hate to say it but I think anymore you need a stellar plan and marketing dept to compete. That being said I will never sell my Classic!

I love Cleveland Golf and feel like they have a quite a strong "cult" following. I'd like to see an iron between the 588TT and the 588CB, a touch thinner sole than the TT. My favorite irons of all time are the CG7 tours, would love to see something new along those lines. Although I don't game them right now, the wedges are top notch and I think subtle improvements in look (badging mostly) would go a long way to keeping the 588 wedges at the top of the heap.

Back