KBS C-Taper Lite Iron Shaft - Review Thread

You are about to experience the absolute best thing about CTL's.

The sound they make when you take the club out of the bag.

*ssccchiiiiing*
That sound takes getting used to..... It gave me the shivers for a while!

You are about to experience the absolute best thing about CTL's.

The sound they make when you take the club out of the bag.

*ssccchiiiiing*

So it sounds like a ninja sword? I like ninjas.

~Rock

So it sounds like a ninja sword? I like ninjas.

~Rock
It actually does have that type of sound!! That's a perfect description.

The C Taper Lites were my second favorite shaft when I recently went through and extensive fitting for my XR Pro's. I wound up with the Tour V110's as they had a slightly better launch for my swing.

Gamed Apex irons with 90s in them for a while. Yours actually. :D I'll try to see if I can discern any memorable difference for you.

You tried the SLDR irons with the C-Taper 90s in them? I hit a buddy's a while back and they were pretty sweet.
Yeah I'd say pretty similar overall from my limited swings with them

I hit some Tour 90s in stiff in Skibum's CB3s and I got a nice flight with them. They have a different feel than what I use now, more head heavy and a more noticeable kick at impact.

I'm still leaning CTL but the Tour 90 are definitely a viable option for me.

I hit some Tour 90s in stiff in Skibum's CB3s and I got a nice flight with them. They have a different feel than what I use now, more head heavy and a more noticeable kick at impact.

I'm still leaning CTL but the Tour 90 are definitely a viable option for me.
A little less spin won't hurt you though, and that's what the CTL will do for you. Exactly why I'm considering them as a reshaft.

Played my first round with my ctl's Sunday and boy am I happy with them! My ball flight was tremendous... High and the 20+mph winds didn't seem to effect the ball one bit. I can also say I seem to have picked up 8-10 yards on each club as well. I'm jazzed just thinking about my next round! Just love these things!! :)

Played my first round with my ctl's Sunday and boy am I happy with them! My ball flight was tremendous... High and the 20+mph winds didn't seem to effect the ball one bit. I can also so I seem to have picked up 8-10 yards on each club as well. I'm jazzed just thinking about my next round! Just love these things!! :)
That sounds delicious! What shafts are you coming from again?

That sounds delicious! What shafts are you coming from again?
Ping cfs. The ctl's are my first ever non stock shaft. I've also got my swing weights set to D5 in my 4-9 and D6 in my wedges. I forgot to mention I also birdied 4 of the first 7 holes Sunday. Short irons were landing soft :)

You had me at high and long...but soft too? Its too good to be true!

You had me at high and long...but soft too? Its too good to be true!
That's what it was for me Sunday. I'm hoping it continues!

Played my first round with my ctl's Sunday and boy am I happy with them! My ball flight was tremendous... High and the 20+mph winds didn't seem to effect the ball one bit. I can also say I seem to have picked up 8-10 yards on each club as well. I'm jazzed just thinking about my next round! Just love these things!! :)

Glad to see these are working out for you! I love these shafts. If I went back to steel, I'd be hard pressed not to automatically go to CTLs. Smooth feel, great looks and perfect flight for what I want.

It's amazing how the ball still plows through the wind considering these launch on the mid/high side of the spectrum.

Glad to see these are working out for you! I love these shafts. If I went back to steel, I'd be hard pressed not to automatically go to CTLs. Smooth feel, great looks and perfect flight for what I want.

It's amazing how the ball still plows through the wind considering these launch on the mid/high side of the spectrum.
Yeah for me so far they've been fantastic. If this weather ever lets up I hope to get more experience with them. Wedges need some practice with the extra distance.... No doubt about that.

I really hope these are available for #THPLegacy.

looks like these are an option for the Legacy, and when i use the online tool it's what i keep coming up with. Going to reread this thread again and then hopefully find a set of demo's at Golfsmith with them to try out.

I have been looking at these shafts for a while and luckily they were made available to us in the legacy. So it was a pretty easy decision for me. CTLs in reg flex will be in my irons!!

Well, I'm going C-Taper Lite in Stiff.
Boom! So freaking stoked!

I'm 90% sure I'll be going exact same combo, outside shot at Tour-V's in stiff. Hoping I can find them at Golfsmith today and get a feel of each.

On an aside, I know it shouldn't matter, but I can't decide if the satin look of the CTL's is a plus or minus to me.

Sounds great Curtis. I can't say I am not jealous, as those shafts have been a ponder of mine for a while.

I'm 90% sure I'll be going exact same combo, outside shot at Tour-V's in stiff. Hoping I can find them at Golfsmith today and get a feel of each.

On an aside, I know it shouldn't matter, but I can't decide if the satin look of the CTL's is a plus or minus to me.
I think based on my very limited experience that the CTLs respond best to an aggressive swipe at the ball and the Tour V's to a smooth one.

I think based on my very limited experience that the CTLs respond best to an aggressive swipe at the ball and the Tour V's to a smooth one.

yea that seems to be exactlly what the fit tool is telling me. I'm pretty sure I have what would be classified as an aggressive swing...but doing my best to smooth it out. Have a lesson this Thursday, going to ask the pro what he thinks first before submitting.

After going through the KBS Fit System online, I have to decide between the CTL Stiff & the CTL Regular. The only variable I changed to get the different recommendations was preferred weight. When I picked light, it recommended the CTL regulars & when I picked medium weight, it recommended the CTL stiffs.

I have the stiff Nippon 950s in my z545s & the stiff True Temper SL85s in my D200s. Anyone have an idea how these would compare to the CTLs? I'm guessing that I would be OK in regulars & they would play closer to the weight I'm use to.

After going through the KBS Fit System online, I have to decide between the CTL Stiff & the CTL Regular. The only variable I changed to get the different recommendations was preferred weight. When I picked light, it recommended the CTL regulars & when I picked medium weight, it recommended the CTL stiffs.

I have the stiff Nippon 950s in my z545s & the stiff True Temper SL85s in my D200s. Anyone have an idea how these would compare to the CTLs? I'm guessing that I would be OK in regulars & they would play closer to the weight I'm use to.

I've played the stiff and really enjoyed them. From a swing speed perspective, you know how we compare. With that said, I could likely game the regular flex without issue so likely comes to preferred weight as you said.

Back