Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 - THP Review Thread

Debating whether to loft up the from 12 to 14 as I try to figure out bag setup without taking the mini out of the bag.

I'll be a long knocker like Fupy some day.

You need to lost about 6 inches in height and put on about 60 pounds. Possible, but it will take some work.

I want to love this club but after 2 times trying it a PGA SS, I hit my driver and 3w better. I may do an on course demo to see how it plays outside because I REALLY want to love it.

Went to the range this morning hoping to get to hit my new mini, it was closed as they were collecting balls, mowing grass and pulling weeds. So with no warm up I went out to the course. It was early so no one else was out.

First three swings from the 1st tee were all off the toe and pushed right. Can't blame the club, again no warm up other than a few swings with the orange whip. Hit my second shot from the fairway, I'm only a low 90s SS with a lot to be desired in the consistency of swing, but the ball was mid flight about 175 yards. Not to bad.

3rd hole is a par five. Sliced the heck out of my driver from the tee but it landed in the bail out short stuff so I hit the mini from the deck again. This time I was closer to center contact and it went about 190 yards, over a hill, with a mid flight.

Hoped over the the 16th and proceeded to slice the heck out of the mini, again wasn't even close to center contact. Not the clubs fault, it was all my bad swing.

Went to the 17th and hit two tee shots, one driver and one mini. Sliced the driver and faded the mini, mini went about 15 yards further. Both balls were in the right rough.

18th I hit the driver and the mini again, both with fades but almost center hits. Both balls were in the middle of the fairway, the mini was roughly 5 yards past my driver.

So I had 8 swings with the mini, 6 from the tee and 2 from the deck. Not even close to enough swings to get a good idea for a first time out with a new club.

It feels solid and doesn't seem to get very high for me, more of a mid level penetrating ball flight. I will need to put a bunch more swings on it and mess with ball position and tee height to really get a feel for it, but so far so good.

My Handcrafted should be in today. Hopefully I can get a tip installed and see how it performs this weekend.

Took the 14 and lofted up to 16/N trying to see if it can viable replace my 4w. Pleasantly surprised, both off the tee and deck. I think it may have a good chance of making the bag in this configuration

Only hot mine once today and it was a bad swing...mixed results yesterday with it. Need to put a better swing on than I have lately

other than launch characteristics i think there is a big torque difference between the kura kage and speeder shafts

Thanks to Golfsmith my Handcrafted shaft was cut too short so an extension is needed. I really need to start doing this stuff myself.

Thanks to Golfsmith my Handcrafted shaft was cut too short so an extension is needed. I really need to start doing this stuff myself.

They're idiots.

You do dude, its really easy, plus, I think you would really have a lot of fun with it.

That's horrible. It's not tough to get setup enough to do it yourself, and odds are you'll know how to measure twice and cut once.

FWIW, might want to drop a line to their manager about how they messed up your shaft and see if they can fix that mistake..

That's horrible. It's not tough to get setup enough to do it yourself, and odds are you'll know how to measure twice and cut once.

FWIW, might want to drop a line to their manager about how they messed up your shaft and see if they can fix that mistake..

I did. I'm going on Tuesday to discuss. He was very adamant and extension would fix the problem. His attitude better improve otherwise we're having issues.

I still love mine, straight off the tee and easy off the deck.

This club is legit and it will remain next to my RZF 4w. Lethal combo!!!

Took this out again today for 9 holes. Hit it twice from the deck and it was long and straight. Still need to mess with the tee height. Are you guys teeing as low as a par three tee? On one hole today I teed it a little to high and launched it straight up. Decided to just drop another on the grass on the tee box and hit it solid.

Just picked this up last week and took it out this morning for it's first round. I used it 12 times and hit 10 fairways. I haven't played since April so I was trying to swing easy, about 70-75%, and I was piping it down the middle about 225-230. I don't like huge headed drivers, I haven't carried one for some time and this is the real deal. I have the 12 degree model set +1/D and I tee the ball a bit higher then I use for my 3 wood. Nice mid trajectory with a good amount of roll. My chipping and putting was butter today but finding the fairways was a huge reason for me shooting my best score of 75.

Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 - THP Review Thread

I am also amazed at how easy it is to generate distance with this monster. I am playing neck to neck with my buddies who are hitting normal drivers, however i am always playing from the fairway.
I have never been a particularly long off the tee but this thing is really putting me in good positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love love love this thing. I'm now carrying it along my driver but it's just so good for me.

Perfect flight and the forgiveness is just incredible. Helped me to hitting 10/14 FW's today. Club is going nowhere....for a long time.

I also picked up a set of XR Pros 4-PW and Callaway hit a home run this year with all the different options.

Love love love this thing. I'm now carrying it along my driver but it's just so good for me.

Perfect flight and the forgiveness is just incredible. Helped me to hitting 10/14 FW's today. Club is going nowhere....for a long time.
What's the percentage of tee balls you hit with the mini vs your driver?

I've developed a bad habit with this off the tee. I keep hitting the back of it on the ground as I strike the ball.

Its just a ton of fun for sure. More than anything, I just like seeing you confident off the tee, thats big.

What's the percentage of tee balls you hit with the mini vs your driver?

I would say 80% Mini.

Here's when I use driver typically:

Par 5 with possibility of hitting in 2
Par 4 at 385 or longer
Par 4 at 360 or longer into a stiff breeze

No hard and fast rules, just thinking through previous rounds and when I pull it.

Its just a ton of fun for sure. More than anything, I just like seeing you confident off the tee, thats big.

Confidence off the tee is huge.

Back