TaylorMade JetSpeed Driver Review

Excellent way in looking at the loft and how you want the clubface angle to look!

That's why I struggle to find anything better than what I have in the bag. Dial it down to 10.5°, but still have an open face. It's just a good match for me.

Good thoughts Ryan. I'm pretty shocked to hear about forgivness or lack there of. Makes me wonder how Taylormade will move forward with this forward weighting across all lines.

Nice writeup Ryan.

I still am baffled by the longer shaft theory. I know it helps create SS, but for most of is it is almost impossible to control. I know some people have had success with longer drivers but I think those are few and far between.

Interested to see how these do and who they are trying to market this for. And I do hope the speed pocket goes away soon. Never been a fan of that.

I still am baffled by the longer shaft theory. I know it helps create SS, but for most of is it is almost impossible to control. I know some people have had success with longer drivers but I think those are few and far between.

Combine that with less lateral forgiveness, it just doesn't make sense.

Hawk thank you for the indepth review of this. Hopefully TM gets the forgiveness issues figured out. I like the ability but like I need forgiveness.

I really enjoyed the detail in in the review. I haven't had much success with the SLDR driver, so I may take a look at this one though. For those who are looking for maximum forgiveness in a driver, look no further than the R1. I don't know if they're going to offer a 2014 version of the R1, or if they need to. I will be trying this one out though, as I've had success with the speed pockets in the SpeedBlades.

Agree that the R1 was much more forgiving for my miss.

Curious of yalls thoughts who have played this driver for a few rounds?
Saw the ad if you buy the driver you can get a wood or hybrid for free, 2 clubs for $300, but is it worth it?

Grip n Rip
@bigtazzGOLF

Tried it and hated it. A heavy head that felt completely dead off the face. Was a considerable distance behind my R11 and the Callaways I tried out too. Definitely not a fan!

I hit the Jetspeed today against the Bertha. Stock stiff in both. 9.5 degree in JS and I think 9.0 in BB. Here's the launch data. First 4 were Jetspeed. Next 3 were BB. Last 2 were Titleist 913 just for giggles. I definitely picked up clubhead speed with the JS and only one was the swipey slice that I sometimes get. I'm gonna spend more time with it, but those 3 solid hits at the top are promising.

uploadfromtaptalk1396752910218.jpg

Agree that the R1 was much more forgiving for my miss.

This goes for me as well. I love the R1, but I tried to hit the JS again today, and it just feel harsh to me.

This goes for me as well. I love the R1, but I tried to hit the JS again today, and it just feel harsh to me.

Harsh how?
Where were you making impact with club face and what was the result?

Grip n Rip
@bigtazzGOLF

I hit the Jetspeed today against the Bertha. Stock stiff in both. 9.5 degree in JS and I think 9.0 in BB. Here's the launch data. First 4 were Jetspeed. Next 3 were BB. Last 2 were Titleist 913 just for giggles. I definitely picked up clubhead speed with the JS and only one was the swipey slice that I sometimes get. I'm gonna spend more time with it, but those 3 solid hits at the top are promising.

View attachment 13928

Whatever you did on the first swing, do that. Over and over.

Harsh how?
Where were you making impact with club face and what was the result?

Grip n Rip
@bigtazzGOLF

Harsh in that it just feels terrible every time I hit the ball. I'm far from being a good ball striker, but even center strikes feel like I'm hitting a rock. I'm afraid these low spin / center of gravity forward drivers a just not for me.

Gave the JetSpeed a shot today (Stock stiff shaft at 10.5 degrees) when I was out demoing clubs. Maybe it was low expectations, but I didn't find it too penalizing on mishits. However, I know a lot of people have talked about toe mishits here - My miss is on the heel side, and I very, very rarely miss towards the toe. I was carrying what looked like a bit over 230 consistently (by the lasered flags at the range), which is about where I'd expect to be. Compared it to my Covert performance, and found that I was getting more consistent ball flight, especially on balls hit low - still getting a nice high flight.

I was surprised, as light as the club is, it doesn't feel overly light in the hands. The Covert, to me, feels a bit more ultralight.

Tested the jetspeed driver at stock shaft at 9.5 loft and had real good numbers. My rpm was still lil high, 3800 but I can live with it.
Pulled the trigger and bought the driver and got the free 3 wood which I needed. Walked out only spending $210 plus tax.
Don't think I'll miss the R1 to bad lol.

Grip n Rip
@bigtazzGOLF

I tossed $47 at a jetspeed head on ebay earlier just to see. Well, i saw and now I'm the proud owner of it. I've never hit one but now I'm in the market for a shaft so i can check this thing out. Will the SLDR and R1 adapters fit this thing?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

demoing a 9.5* with Proj X Handcrafted tomorrow. Interested to see if it's any better than the SLDR i demoed last year. Don't think Torrey North is the right to be doing this but should be fun.

Back