2015 US Open Contest & Official Thread - Amazing Cobra PUMA Prizes

I love the course, but I have to admit I have wondered this numerous times. There are tons of great, more established tracks in the country that have not hosted an Open, why not go to one of these? Just seems like a huge risk to gamble on a brand new course like that.

I saw a story last weekend on how the course was developed and basically groomed to be a US Open course. While watching it, I couldn't help but wonder if they took a page from FIFA's handbook in trying to get selected for the U.S. Open rotation.

New TV team in place, new cameras, normal turn around is 25 minutes.

This made me laugh out loud.

Woods.
Fowler was close, so was Watson

is there another Woods other than Tiger playing?

That hurt, tiger lips out his birdie. Dropped his putter in disgust

Has anybody played Chambers AND a true links (Bandon, somewhere in the UK)? Is this ball wobble-tude issue overstated, or is it a real issue and this is way worse than a real links course?

Do any of the course owners have ties to USGA decision committee?

Someone counts who drops the club more today, Tiger or Jordan?

Tiger by a land slide. He drops it after every missed putt. So thats like 30 drops with there

Such a bad display of emotion

I hate it. Just shows where he is mentally. Miss a putt, suck it up move on and get that birdie on the next, be a professional.

Tiger hop on that train yet and head to Canada?

I saw a story last weekend on how the course was developed and basically groomed to be a US Open course. While watching it, I couldn't help but wonder if they took a page from FIFA's handbook in trying to get selected for the U.S. Open rotation.

Definitely hope that didn't happen, but you never know.

Hell, if they wanted a public course in Washington that's extremely well regarded, established (opened '96), and green (for those complaining), go here:

blog-header21.jpg

I do think people complain about the brown, but truth be told, to me its less about the look and more about the function and now we have major players saying the greens are playing like they look. THat is a problem for a major in my opinion.

Going into the tournament, fans of the course and golf in general said the "star of the show would be Chambers Bay". They were right, just not in the way it was wanted.

I hate it. Just shows where he is mentally. Miss a putt, suck it up move on and get that birdie on the next, be a professional.
I was kidding but I understand.

I do think people complain about the brown, but truth be told, to me its less about the look and more about the function and now we have major players saying the greens are playing like they look. THat is a problem for a major in my opinion.

Going into the tournament, fans of the course and golf in general said the "star of the show would be Chambers Bay". They were right, just not in the way it was wanted.
The greens look horrible on my 4k screen. I'm sure they look worse in person

Right or left on tigers drive? I say left

Agree that if the greens aren't in great shape, that hurts the tournament. Brown doesn't necessarily mean poor conditions, but it sounds like the greens are the issue right now. I wonder if the USGA wanting to speed the greens up has made it harder for some of the grass to stay alive on those greens.

Tiger off to a hot start.....ish

Damn, he is killing me on bets

I say straight or right.

I will lean on this as the right answer. He leans like he pushed every shot

Back