2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I'm very excited to spend time with all of the folks that will be in MB. I'm excited to see what is in store for all of us but spending time with friends is really top on my list.

the Xhots aren't far behind or the format. Sharing this experience with everyone and then hanging with those making the trip is going to be a blast.

I completely agree Freddie, especially about sharing the experience with everyone. One thing I regret is how uninvolved I was last year. I wish I would have been more active in the MC threads. I hope to reach out and include more people on the forum so they don't have the same regret later.

I don't remember any buildings being out there at Caledonia. However, for someone who struggles with a hook as their miss, the first tee shot is a little intimidating because the road that leads to the clubhouse runs down the left side of that hole and it's OB if you go into the road. Of course, you don't want to hit a car either!

No buildings at Caledonia...but Yorkem did IceJack the condos on True Blue during the practice round....hahahaha

No buildings at Caledonia...but Yorkem did IceJack the condos on True Blue during the practice round....hahahaha

Was that his ball that we found on the balcony? hahah

I don't remember any buildings being out there at Caledonia. However, for someone who struggles with a hook as their miss, the first tee shot is a little intimidating because the road that leads to the clubhouse runs down the left side of that hole and it's OB if you go into the road. Of course, you don't want to hit a car either!

There are houses on the right of the first at Caledonia. I know cos i put 2 balls in there during the practice round!!!!

OK the PGA show has come and gone which means information will soon be coming out about each of our sponsors and of the event as a whole. I am sure everyone, participants and supporters alike are waiting to gather some information. What do people want to hear? Is it format of the event? Is it a time line for ordering equipment? Is it additional info about a certain brand? What are we all wanting to hear?

I can't wait for the staff bag tbh. And equipment.

TTing

TTing
For some it's all about the equipment, for others it's about camaraderie, and some will be most focused on the competition.

For some it's all about the equipment, for others it's about camaraderie, and some will be most focused on the competition.

It's not all about the equipment for me, I just get excited for things in the order they will be in. That's all.

To enjoy everything to its potential I want to be excited and focused on one thing as it comes. I don't want the equipment to be an afterthought for some, I'll get more excited for the rest when it's turn comes!

TTing

For me its about the event in July and hanging out with some good people and having a great time. Meeting back up with good friends and meeting some new ones for the first time. Having gone to a number of THP events, this is truly what its all about.

The equipment is exciting but is really an after thought, if I wanted equipment Id just buy it. This experience will be so so so much more than that.

There are houses on the right of the first at Caledonia. I know cos i put 2 balls in there during the practice round!!!!

hahahahaa sweet! I might have hit some houses off of True Blue during one of my practice rounds. Might have been more than once too!

It's not all about the equipment for me, I just get excited for things in the order they will be in. That's all.

To enjoy everything to its potential I want to be excited and focused on one thing as it comes. I don't want the equipment to be an afterthought for some, I'll get more excited for the rest when it's turn comes!

TTing
I get what you are saying buddy. I know what you mean. The ordering of equipment is part of the experience, and it will be exciting placing that order then watching it come in matching your specs.

TTing

There is nothing quite like getting that staff bag with your name on it.

There is nothing quite like getting that staff bag with your name on it.

Or than just chilling with everyone and talking. Amazing to see and meet everyone. I can't wait to see everyone again!!!

Or than just chilling with everyone and talking. Amazing to see and meet everyone. I can't wait to see everyone again!!!

Definitely looking forward to this as well. Hopefully everyone saw TyNo's post about stopping by the beach house his family reserved and saying hi if you guys are getting in town early. Like he said, if you want a safe place to leave your items or get changed to go to the beach, he said it's only going to be $15 a person per hour. :alien:

But seriously, I am looking forward to hanging out the most, the MC is just the cherry on top.

I am the most excited to see how my game evolves and how I ultimately react under a real competition with followers and cameras watching. Its one thing to be geared up for a local club tourney, but much different when you know thousands of people will be watching the coverage.

The time off the course was just as enjoyable as the time on the course. It's a time for relaxation and not worrying about your golf game and everyone just has a blast! Last year Josh from Bridgestone even came and joined us!

I love the getting of equipment. I love the excitement that builds for everyone once you get that PM to send in your specs. The staff bag is amazing. Seeing your name on that OEM bag brings it all into focus.

I loved talking with everyone about their games and the work they were putting in. And of course I loved getting down there and meeting everyone. The entire process is amazing and everything about it is special. Don't be afraid to say you look forward to the equipment the most. For a lot of us, this will be the closest you will ever be to getting clubs that are absolutely fit to you. It is a lot of fun and I love equipment so it is one of my favorite parts

Short term I'm excited to hear what (if any) format changes will be made this year. Then of course the biggest thing that I'm excited about is getting down there and just hanging out with the guys, that is hands down the best part in my opinion. I hope someone throws a party like Triple Bogey Tim and sharkwrestler did last year Wednesday evening, that was a really cool way to start things out for everyone.

Did you try to tee off with that dang tree wood again?

It's a joy to see all the excitement of what you guys have in store for you. I think this is going to be the best one yet! I don't have anything to base it off of but going through the other Morgan Cup threads. However, it does seem to be building up that way and looking forward to following along.

Wishing each and every one of you all the best and soak it in. Document and would really enjoy reading memroirs down the road.

LtEvO TaPpEd

Aren't you and Dan driving down? I am.
no, he is driving possibly with his wife and going down early I believe

I plan on flying in Wed and leaving monday

I'll be driving for sure, I just don't know when I am going.. May head down a good few days early to my parents place in South Carolina to play a bit of bermuda before the big event.

and Sam's Corner....don't forget about that.

Definitely looking forward to this as well. Hopefully everyone saw TyNo's post about stopping by the beach house his family reserved and saying hi if you guys are getting in town early. Like he said, if you want a safe place to leave your items or get changed to go to the beach, he said it's only going to be $15 a person per hour. :alien:

But seriously, I am looking forward to hanging out the most, the MC is just the cherry on top.

except War Eagle, he's not invited.

Short term I'm excited to hear what (if any) format changes will be made this year. Then of course the biggest thing that I'm excited about is getting down there and just hanging out with the guys, that is hands down the best part in my opinion. I hope someone throws a party like Triple Bogey Tim and sharkwrestler did last year Wednesday evening, that was a really cool way to start things out for everyone.

That seemed like a good idea and people really enjoyed it from their postings about it., I would hope something like that would happen again this year.

hahahahaa sweet! I might have hit some houses off of True Blue during one of my practice rounds. Might have been more than once too!

haha on Sunday singles coming down 18 I hit one from the fairway that went into the bushes right in front of the clubhouse. Could have killed someone on the balcony watching us.

Nah that was driver. During that practice round i actually lost all my balls and just ended up drinking ice cold beers with Wareagle. They were some of the best beers i've ever had

After the PGA Show I am sure you guys are drooling over what is to come!!

Callaway: I dont even know where to start. The whole booth looked amazing, and I could easily see the 3W going in my bag, and after the Dallas Invitational it probably will.

Cobra: I am lusting over the Blue amp cell with a B. Asha. That and the tour trusty rusty have really caught my eye.

Cleveland: I love my 588s, but that RTX 588 looks amazing, and mycustomwedge is going to give you guys some SWEET options. Add this to the new adjustable Classic, and the fitting cart, and wow.

Bridgestone: some of the sessiest clubs on the market, and some customization coming your way? Cannot wait to see this.

You guys are in for one heckuva ride, and I cannot wait to follow it

After the PGA Show I am sure you guys are drooling over what is to come!!

Cleveland: I love my 588s, but that RTX 588 looks amazing, and mycustomwedge is going to give you guys some SWEET options. Add this to the new adjustable Classic, and the fitting cart, and wow.

You guys are in for one heckuva ride, and I cannot wait to follow it

The Cleveland fitting cart is sending out some awesome vibes.. I can't wait to see which of the local fitters pick one up, and see what the options are in it.. Iron shaft variances in more than just standard length are what I've been hunting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back