Cobra Tour Trusty Wedge Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP TV caught up with Cobra Golf R&D to discuss a new wedge coming out in 2013 and one that quite a few are looking forward to.

http://bit.ly/X85hSV

Sounds like a hit, especially with 3 high profile tour players already making the switch

Man, does this thing sound like a winner or what! Really cool to see Cobra addressing a gap in their lineup for the "better players" out there.

These sound more in line with the J40 & 588 MB offerings and to see them already on tour is saying quite a bit.

Man, does this thing sound like a winner or what! Really cool to see Cobra addressing a gap in their lineup for the "better players" out there.

These sound more in line with the J40 & 588 MB offerings and to see them already on tour is saying quite a bit.

yessir.

did you get a look at them up close and personal? would you definitely compare them to those 2 offerings or are there any current lines they resemble?

• Admin
yessir.

did you get a look at them up close and personal? would you definitely compare them to those 2 offerings or are there any current lines they resemble?

They are unique TN. They have a thinner sole like the other two, but definitely still different. The cutaway is still there and the relief on the heel and toe really stands out.

That is very interesting. Seems like it will be an awesome wedge. I can't wait to try it out.

I can't wait to try these. I really am searching for my wedges. I am really comfortable with most of my bag, but, I look forward to these.

Great news for Cobra that it is being accepted by the tour pros so quickly. I hope it does well with the public when it finally gets released. I hope the MC guys can get an opportunity to play these as well.

Smart move. I thought they had a pretty big hole there and it looks like they got something that makes their staff happy.

By the sounds of it already, they're tour players are much happier with these wedges.

Awesome to hear some information come out on this thing. I guess I didn't realize that Cobra was all about the higher HCP player, but that seems to make sense given many of their lines.
I really like the idea behind the Tour Trusy Rusty, and hope to be able to hit it at some point in the future.

So I was setting up equipment this morning in one of the senate conference rooms when I took a second to check out my phone. Saw this thread and let out a a funny sounding noise of excitement. I got some strange looks for sure.

As far as the Tour Rusty talk. I love the talk of removing some of the bounce so you can open the face up more. Also the talk of a straighter leading edge gets me excited to give these a go. Ricky, Jesper, and now Poulter already throwing them in the bag speaks the to quality of them.

These wedges look good! MC staffers should be in for treat!

I'd love to game these wedges in July. It sounds like they put a ton of work in them to where they can hang other the top wedges on tour.

Interesting to hear that Poults and Ricky were involved in process. When I listen to the interview my initial thoughts is either the wedge market is getting more and more competitive, or I'm becoming more aware. Either way I like where they are taking these wedges.

this really was 1 thing I was hoping to see from the PGA Show. I really hope they are an option for the MC.

Tour Trusty!? I like it! I was a fan of the Trusty Rusty last year, found it incredibly easy to hit, and hit well. The only thing I did not like about it was that it just seemed way too oversized for me. Cant wait to see this one!

I have a feeling a lot of Morgan Cup Cobra staffers are gonna have these bad boys in their bags

I am interested to see these up close and personal. I guess they haven't said a release date yet?

Love it. Cobra is bringing it big this year

You. Just. Made. My. Day. I am so pumped about these babies!! So fired up right now!!

Hopefully these make it in time for the MCers. Sounds like the made the wedge Cobra Staffers are looking for!

Such a smooth looking wedge, I too hope they are able to get in the MC bags for you guys!

I keep drolling over the picure that Rickie tweeted about these a while back.

Back