Best Reno Courses

azfarrier

Average Hack
Reaction score
Handicap
So I'll be going to Reno the end of February and was hoping to get in a couple rounds. I realize the grass will be dormant (and hopefully no snow) but was hoping you guys could steer me in the right direction for a good round that time of year.

Be tough end of Feb. Arrow Creek, Lakeridge are both in Reno. In Dayton, Dayton Valley CC or just south of Carson City there is Genoa Lakes. All are good, Dayton they hold the USGA qualifiers there and used to have the Q School qualifiers there, Arnold Palmer course. Arrow Creek is nice also as is Genoa.

Yeah pretty much impossible to play in February hope it works out

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I've played Wolf Run, ArrowCreek Legends, Lakeridge, Genoa Lakes, Redhawk Lakes, and Silver Oak

ArrowCreek was my favorite as it had the high desert feel in a scenic part of town. Wolf Run was forgiving and good scenery too. Only reason I'd play Lakeridge is the 14th or 15th hole which is a long par 3 and drops probably close to 3 clubs to an island green. Its been almost a decade since I played it, but Silver Oak had some fun holes up in the hills and a couple reachable par 5's. I don't see any reason to go to Genoa unless you are passing by it is a decent course. More secluded than the others though. Have fun

Back