What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday played a course I think I played once last year. Played in 2 hours 20 minutes and shot a 111. 61/50. Card had a 14, a 10 and an 8 on the front, and the worst on the back was a 9. Started off well with a drive down the middle, 240 uphill to leave 80 to the middle and 2 putt for par. Then striped a hybrid right down the right side of the fairway, perfect shot into the green, and it fell apart from there. Shot 2 over on the 5 par 3's, so that was the highlight of the round. Fought the lefts and/or tops off the tee so I was fighting to keep the ball in play the entire round. Hope this isn't a sign for my season, otherwise it's going to be a very short one.

I shoot a 91 yesterday on a very soggy course. Bad part of the score is I was sitting nicely at 41 after the front before blowing up the back. The biggest bright spot was my putting and the biggest area of needs improvement is pitching/chipping.

8/13 FW
4/18 GIR
32 Putts 6-1 putts 10-2 putts and only 2-3 putts which is great for me.

84 on a pretty bad course

Very easily could have been much lower, I had 8 or 9 putts that lipped out, went over the hole, or hit a bump and broke away from the hole. I even had a chip that was going in, until it hit a big rut in the green, and kicked left.

Honestly, though, I was ecstatic, best round I've played in a long long long time.

First 9 of the year. First carrying 9 of the year. So a 41 was fine by me. Greens were really fuzzy so everything was super slow. So all in all I was pretty happy.

Emerald Lake Golf Club
Par 71, 6455 yards, 71.0/127

37/42 for 79
10/14 fw
5 gir
29 putts

Shot a 79 today but can't help but think of what it could have been. The driver and scrambling were my all-stars today. Only missed two fairways with the big stick and even those were just off the edge.

Not a particularly good ball-striking day, but I guess that's to be expected on a soaked course after an overnight downpour. My scrambling on the front was out of this world and more than made up for the misplaced approaches. Did make two birdies on the two greens I hit on the front, one a two-putt birdie on a par 5 and the other on a 180yd par 3, and sank several five footers for par.

Unfortunately I couldn't pair it with a strong finish. I was starting to leak a little oil so to speak coming in but the scrambling and another par 5 birdie held it together until the last three holes. A double-bogey-bogey +4 finish on the last three holes again left a bad taste in my mouth. That type of finish is becoming all too common and something I really need to get under control.

Off bermuda and back onto bent grass... really, really bad conditioned bentgrass hahaha!

Out in 41 and back in 38. Quite a few really good looks for birdie on the back nine but the holes in the green wouldn't have any of it. Shame!!!

Shot a 81 today on a soaked course....
Really sucks cause I struck the ball well today just left a few out there on a few holes....

Ready for tomorrow and love this extended weekend

3 golf days in a row is awesome

Played in the final of our winter league, nice format, 4 balls 2 ball betterball of our winter tees so course about 6,000 yards.

It's an open competition and I'm in a 4 ball with my 13 year old lad, one of only 2 juniors in the event of about 20 teams.
Well we got to play today with 4 temporary greens, and snow lying on parts of the course, 2 points behind the leaders and 1 point ahead of 3rd & 4th.

Well we overhauled the leading team by a point, shooting 88 points to their 85 but got pipped by a 91 from the team in 3rd to finish second!

Best bit though was that my lad played really well under the pressure of it, he really wanted to win but saved us on at least 4 holes with good drives, chips and putts. An awesome day despite just missing out.

Slogged it around in extreme wet conditions after heavy rain last night. Should have stayed home. Shot an even 100 - 52/48. Greens had recently been aerated so putting was a struggle.

Green Acres in Dexter. Super slow greens and a couple of impossible hole locations. Missed two or three 5 footers. The entire group struggled. Still trying to get that Scottsdale TR figured out, too. Happy Easter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hope you had a great day. I haven't played down there in about 4/5 years, it was in pretty good shape back then.

41 through 9 holes. Took us about 3.5 hours to finish 9 so we left after that... Shame as it was 70 and sunny here

Holy cow that's a slow round TexasHacker. That would drive me crazy. Don't blame you for heading home after nine.

Rounds from Saturday, on the first 18 I forgot you could add penalty strokes.

Screenshot_2013-03-31-18-50-38_zps45af9a21.png

Screenshot_2013-03-31-18-50-59_zps1563b0b8.png

Screenshot_2013-03-31-18-51-08_zps42d9da12.png

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

43/37=80 on my home course

Golfshot GPS users. How do you post your cards?

Golfshot GPS users. How do you post your cards?

I just have the phone app and take a screen shot.

Or you can go to the online site and take a screen shot.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

41-36=77 Hit the ball great off the tee. Iron play came around on the back 9. Made pars on the last 10 holes and putted very well all day. Had an all around good day. I'm excited to play for the first time in a long time.

Take a screenshot then post via Tapatalk.

I just have the phone app and take a screen shot.

Or you can go to the online site and take a screen shot.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Thanks guys! I never noticed the phone info (time, signal, battery) disappears when you view the scorecard. Duh huh!

39/38 77. My game felt so close to coming together I wish I could have played another 18.

I spent a long session on the driving range, then played 6 holes while waiting for a buddy to get there before my round. I really think I could have gone lower, but kept catching myself trying to keep up with 280 or better off the tee like my partner, but settled in and played very well with my game. Several new parts of my swig held up during todays round, I'm excited to get back out there again and prove today was just the beginning.

Nice round, Due. It's an incredible feeling when everything seems to be working at the same time. I rarely see it, but I never want to stop playing when I do.

I had an 82 (40-42) yesterday at Monroe CC. I played the blue tees, which I think were about 6,300 yards. The really interesting thing about that course (apart from the greens being really difficult) is that most of the greens were elevated. The course seems to play longer than it really is.

I hit the ball okay. I am still working on a proper hinge for my irons, and I had some heel shots when my swing got lazy. I also sprayed a couple tee shots while trying to overswing to keep up with JT and Canadan. (I do have a reputation to keep up...). My putting was pretty good. I made a couple mid-range putts, but i also had a couple three putts. Some of that is to be expected at the course. Throw in a double bogey on a hole where I just forgot how to swing a club, and you end up with a decent +10.

Honestly, I probably played well enough to break 80 on most courses yesterday. But, if you're not on the green (and on the proper part of the green at that) at MCC, you're going to struggle to score well.

Thanks buddy. Sounds like a great round for that course and you had great company to do it with. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back