My small review of the Tour Edge Exotics xcg7 Driver.

Silverbullet01

Tee it high, let it fly!
Reaction score
Handicap
The weather was a bit cool and damp for Central Florida and I was playing the Bridgestone B330 Tour ball.

I haven't hit the driver on the range at all and took it right out and played 18 last Saturday. The club came w/ a Fujikara tour S-70 shaft and I set the loft at 10.5'. It has a nice look to it at address and screams distance.

My swing speed w/ the driver is about 105mph. I hit some good drives w/ it and hit a couple of not so good ones, but the mis-hits went a good distance for not hitting the ball on the sweetspot. In my opinion, the Fujikara tour shaft really makes this club, and the ball has a mid-flight trajectory which I will have to get used to. I am comparing this driver to my Ping G10 w/ 10.5' of loft and a Diamana high kickpoint shaft. The face of the Exotics driver seems to be more stern than the Ping and has a good sound when struck well.

I believe I hit this driver a tad bit farther, but so far this club DOES NOT have that, "wow", factor I was hoping for. I am going to give this driver a few more rounds and hope she comes alive w/ maybe some better weather around the corner. I am quite sure the moisture in the air had some effect on the distance. I give the driver a score, from 1 to 10, an 8.

If this driver doesn't work out for me, I'm gonna use it as a sledgehammer......:act-up:

Thanks for sharing that. Never played a Tour Edge driver buts its nice to see another name out there for a choice in the bag.

I read the reviews of the xcg7 driver posted on here. I heard the Beta model is more geared for tour players.

Great thoughts, thanks for taking the time to write that up. That is definitely a solid shaft and you'll likely come to love that mid trajectory. Although in Florida with minimal roll-out in season you may want to get something that launches high. Personally I love the mid trajectory but we also get tons of roll out in our fairways.

Keep us posted, thanks for the post!

Your welcome Bird. It's a slightly heavier shaft than the Diamana and I was discussing some things w/ the gentleman I bought it from. His ss is about 120ish and hits his ball with an ever so slight draw, but mostly a straight ball flight coming off the face of this driver. My ball flight last Saturday was quite straight and a very slight fade. It's going to take some getting used to and the gentleman assured me that the Tour S-70 shaft was the right one for me. I am now relieved....ha

Sorry to hear it doesn't have the wow factor. Finding that club can be a long and difficult search.

It's ok Iron. The drives I did hit on the screws went a good ways, but I believe once I get used to the driver, I will become to like it. It has a different feel and performance than my Ping G10.

Back