Official 2013 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day Details - The Ultimate Weekend of Golf

I am throwing this out there to see what kind of interest we have. Thursday we have 36 holes being played, Morning and afternoon. I'd like to use one of the 18 As pre MC match of sorts. 6 holes modifies alt shot, 6 holes best ball and 6 holes scramble. 2 man teams just for fun. Any interest for 18 holes?

I'm in for 36. I arrive Wednesday evening. Anyone else arriving then and looking to split a ride? I'm staying at a hotel just 15 min away from reunion.

Dan

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I wish my house got awesome boxes like that!

Depending on cost, I'm in for 18 on Thursday. My budget is already feeling it with everything.

I am throwing this out there to see what kind of interest we have. Thursday we have 36 holes being played, Morning and afternoon. I'd like to use one of the 18 As pre MC match of sorts. 6 holes modifies alt shot, 6 holes best ball and 6 holes scramble. 2 man teams just for fun. Any interest for 18 holes?

I'm down for 36. Having some sort of format would make it very interesting indeed.

Will you be booking times for both rounds? Hopefully one round will be on the course we would not see in the outing (Nicklaus?)

Thanks for organizing this Freddie. A good cigar will be coming your way.

I am good for whatever is decided... I just want to play golf!! :D

Colour me stoopid, but did I miss the post about tickets for the prize wheel contest? Or do we buy them when we get there? My head is on backward this week, just anticipating this event.

Exactly one week from now I will be heading south to Orlando. Staying one night offsite and then arriving at the resort sometime around 6:30 on Thursday after playing a round offsite with some awesome THPers. Excitement is building.

Seeing this thread blow up in the past few weeks and now all of the awesome updates makes me sad I cant make it, but I cant wait to see the recaps of this awesome weekend

i am def in for the afternoon round i land around 10-10:30 should be settled in and ready to go by 1.

Exactly one week from now I will be heading south to Orlando. Staying one night offsite and then arriving at the resort sometime around 6:30 on Thursday after playing a round offsite with some awesome THPers. Excitement is building.

I'm right with you DD. Really getting close now. Getting excited. I've got to get through the next couple of real busy work days then I should be able to think more about the trip. First 3 work days of next week will be a breeze.

Yep! A week from now Richard and I will be on the road driving south to Orlando. Depending on how long we drive Wednesday (hopefully as long as we can stand) we will get into Reunion in the afternoon/early evening. So pumped!!!!

Yep! A week from now Richard and I will be on the road driving south to Orlando. Depending on how long we drive Wednesday (hopefully as long as we can stand) we will get into Reunion in the afternoon/early evening. So pumped!!!!

The exact half way point is Florence, SC.

I am pretty excited for everyone going down. The demo day is absolutely awesome. Can't wait to read everyones thoughts

The exact half way point is Florence, SC.

Thanks, JB! I was talking to Richard yesterday about the drive, and he agrees with me that we should try and get the bulk of our driving done on Wednesday so we have a bit more time to relax with THPers Thursday.

Thanks, JB! I was talking to Richard yesterday about the drive, and he agrees with me that we should try and get the bulk of our driving done on Wednesday so we have a bit more time to relax with THPers Thursday.

Its a long drive, but if you can leave early in the morning at like 5am (thats what we do), you can get to Florence and miss most of the traffic. Get some rest and do the rest the next day, and you can leave at 7 or so and get in in the middle of afternoon. We left at 5am both days and got into Sarasota at 2pm and it is an hour longer of a drive.

I am pretty excited for everyone going down. The demo day is absolutely awesome. Can't wait to read everyones thoughts

We're gonna miss ya buddy!

KellyBo and I should be a shame complaining about our little 7 hour drive down :shame:! If you see an old green pickup truck, pulling a woodshed on Thursday, blow ya horn! :D

Its a long drive, but if you can leave early in the morning at like 5am (thats what we do), you can get to Florence and miss most of the traffic. Get some rest and do the rest the next day, and you can leave at 7 or so and get in in the middle of afternoon. We left at 5am both days and got into Sarasota at 2pm and it is an hour longer of a drive.

We actually left at 7am the first day, so if you were to leave at 5am you would be able to make it to Savannah (or near there) the first day and be to Orlando at or before noon if you really want to push it.

We actually left at 7am the first day, so if you were to leave at 5am you would be able to make it to Savannah (or near there) the first day and be to Orlando at or before noon if you really want to push it.

We'll definitely be leaving early morning sometime between 5-7. We wouldn't mind staying in Savannah Wednesday night as we've done so before and really enjoyed that city. Thanks to you both!

We'll definitely be leaving early morning sometime between 5-7. We wouldn't mind staying in Savannah Wednesday night as we've done so before and really enjoyed that city. Thanks to you both!

We tried to push it to Savannah. I really wanted to stop there because it's a city I have always wanted to visit but could never make it happen. Unfortunately, for us it was raining and we were exhausted so we called it a day in Florence.

We tried to push it to Savannah. I really wanted to stop there because it's a city I have always wanted to visit but could never make it happen. Unfortunately, for us it was raining and we were exhausted so we called it a day in Florence.

Maybe this could be put on the Invitational list for 2014 :blob:! Awesome city with sooooooo much history and stuff to do.

Maybe this could be put on the Invitational list for 2014 :blob:! Awesome city with sooooooo much history and stuff to do.

We have Hilton Head on the list, which I believe is only about 20-30 minutes from Savannah so that could still work for visiting.

DC to Miami took me 17 hours. Don't know if that helps but it should make for two good days. Looking forward to meeting you and your better half.

Back