Callaway X-Hot Fairway Wood Preview Thread

It went pow. And I hit it high off the heel

Pow is ALWAYS good.

Just so long as you aren't saying PPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Nah, not Hamm'ing it. It's just going though, even into the wind.

99.99999% certain that these will end up in the ole staff bag.

But I would cut 1/2" off of the shafts.

Ill be heading to a Callaway demo day tomorrow so ill be getting some positive feedback from the entire line

I do love my Freddie feedback.

We desperately need an XHot vs. Stage 2 mano-a-mano battle. To quote the bad guy bank robber in Dirty Harry, "I gots to know"...

We desperately need an XHot vs. Stage 2 mano-a-mano battle. To quote the bad guy bank robber in Dirty Harry, "I gots to know"...

Well I happen to have a 16* X-Hot hybo. So I will gladly provide feedback. TM, if you are listening...

Short and sweet: this 3w is a monster both on the tee and off the fairway. Shortest poke was 232 into a pretty strong breeze. Was easy to keep it low and let it hit the ground and run. Was surprised at just how much rollout it was getting for FL.

Avg off the tee was a nice 255, about 15 longer than my prior 3w's.

One particular hole was straight downwind. I took driver, poked it out there about 275. I thought that was pretty good, but I hit it a little high and right. Took 3w. Crushed it with a little draw. It took off running when it landed and finished at a tidy 287. My little 3w just made my driver feel sad.

Short and sweet: this 3w is a monster both on the tee and off the fairway. Shortest poke was 232 into a pretty strong breeze. Was easy to keep it low and let it hit the ground and run. Was surprised at just how much rollout it was getting for FL.

One particular hole was straight downwind. I took driver, poked it out there about 275. I thought that was pretty good, but I hit it a little high and right. Took 3w. Crushed it with a little draw. It took off running when it landed and finished at a tidy 287. My little 3w just made my driver feel sad.
I'm hoping to see similar results tomorrow at demo day.

Try it in the pro if you can.

I can't wait to get my hybo on course to see what I am getting. Just feels like I crush the ball at the range

I will have plenty

You better!

1 word...WOW!

How is the stock shaft? I hit it with a dew different combos but I had to double check because I did not even know what the stock offering was.

How is the stock shaft? I hit it with a dew different combos but I had to double check because I did not even know what the stock offering was.

The pro version comes with the Project X Velocity. I went with it in a 6.0 and I like it. Gives it a nice mid launch trajectory on the tee and fairway.

Fwiw, I'd probably be curious how that shaft would work in the driver as well

I took the 20* hybrid out last week and proceeded to hit one stiff about 240. That is ridiculous for me and it felt so good. I am worried my 15* may make my Anser a little useless.

tried x-hot 5 wood. I kept saying callaway should bring back steelhead plus 5 wood for long time and this one feels as good.. they might have finally found the one that will bring people back to them for fairway wood

If there is anyone gaming the x hot pro 4 wood would they so kindly take a couple pictures at address and PM me. I don't have time to search through these 31 pages, unfortunately. Thanks in advance.

Also if anyone wants to share their thoughts or experiences with the x hot pro 4 wood feel free to do so

If there is anyone gaming the x hot pro 4 wood would they so kindly take a couple pictures at address and PM me. I don't have time to search through these 31 pages, unfortunately. Thanks in advance.

Also if anyone wants to share their thoughts or experiences with the x hot pro 4 wood feel free to do so
This is a 4wood...

i-VVZ3V3s-L.jpg

tried x-hot 5 wood. I kept saying callaway should bring back steelhead plus 5 wood for long time and this one feels as good.. they might have finally found the one that will bring people back to them for fairway wood

Oh man I forgot how great the Steelhead line was. Phenomenal club and enjoyed it so much more than the Hawkeye line.

I will have plenty

I am excited to hear your feedback tadashi. I am also going to a callaway fitting tomorrow with the rep. Will be interesting to hear your thoughts to compare to. I am really looking forward to hitting the x hot pro line and also the x forged irons and the x utilitys.

I got to take a couple swings with the X Hot 3W today at Golf Galaxy and I was smoking the thing! I don't remember most of the numbers because I was there for an iron fitting, but my SS was right around 107 mph (way higher than I thought) and my carry was between about 250-260 depending on how I tagged it. Thing really is "hot". It just just spitting out numbers and I didn't see ball flight, but it felt great!

Hit the pro version today in a 15. Wow! So easy to hit off the deck!! I wanted to buy this and the Xtreme. But, unfortunately only got the Xtreme lol. But one of these WILL be in my bag by spring!!

Back