which vacation do you prefer. all inclusive or exclusive ??

which vacation do you prefer. all inclusive or exclusive ??

• Exclusive (pay as you go and do) resort

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • All inclusive resort

Votes: 20 62.5%

• Total voters

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
I know this can often depend on ones budget and financial standings but either one can also each be the preferred choice regardless of ones finances as well.

I personaly love the all inclusive idea. I'm usually very much on budget so its probably the biggest reason although i would probably prefer it even if not on a budget. Especially with kids. daddy can i have fires?, can i get a drink?, can i get an ice cream? "hey! knock yourself out, sure, just go get whatever you want". LOL

But we also enjoy the entertainment, the activities, and also being able to get whatever you want whenever you want it without having to think about the cost.

And IMO whos to say your locked in to the resort? when going all-in we still manage during a weeks vaca to get out a couple nights or days to explore, eat and/or do other such things or excursions outside the resort just as well.

My wife and i are not big drinkers and thats where it can really pay off for some people but we will have some and with the all-ins we will have more as not worrying what that cost would normaly add up to. Not being big drinkers or the constant "partying type" one may say "but isnt that the best part of the all-in?" I say it helps but alot more we like about it than just that. Its convenient, usually more affordable and at the right places it can offer alot for the buck with much to keep ya occupied and entertained and still not in handcuffs to always stay at the resort.

thats my take on it, however i am not against nor would i say i'll never go anywhere without an all-in. I have done it and it of corse can be wonderful too. And some all-ins are very expensive as well like for example "beaches" resorts. yes, top noch but much too expensive. Others are very cheap but are also crappy. But then you find very many affordable and very well done all-in resorts that leaves you with a great vacation.

just curious and though it interesting to ask what is your preference? and anything to share thoughts about it or why.

Havent done a all inclusive before, typically because when we go places, we want to experience the location and go and eat whenever and wherever we want.

Now is we were going somewhere isolated where there arent a ton of options to eat, etc and you are eating where you are staying anyhow, than that would be different

Personally I enjoy cruises, that is pretty much all inclusive as I don't drink. We have never been to an all inclusive resort but have been talking about maybe trying one in the Carribbean this year.

I prefer to go self catering. My girlfriend and I went to Majorca, an island off spain. The hotel was very family orientated but we didn't mind. We ate out most night but had the choice to cook our own dinner a couple of nights. It also left that you could cook what you wanted for breakfast. We did sample the all inclusive lunch buffet and it was not great. We were pretty happy about our choice.

KellyBo and I had an all inclusive on our Honeymoon to Moon Palace in Cancun Mexico. It included everything food, drinks, golf, and even some water sports etc. Even tips were included so basically you needed very little money, unless you went shopping at some of the local stores for souvenirs.

I prefer to go self catering. My girlfriend and I went to Majorca, an island off spain. The hotel was very family orientated but we didn't mind. We ate out most night but had the choice to cook our own dinner a couple of nights. It also left that you could cook what you wanted for breakfast. We did sample the all inclusive lunch buffet and it was not great. We were pretty happy about our choice.

Where did you stay on Mallorca? My parents have a finca and for the past 20 years we spent pretty much all the vacations there. I love mallorca because you can do so many things. Although it is notorious for being the number 1 party island for the germans.
It also doesn't hurt that there are numerous excellent golf courses on mallorca. They are expensive, though. We asked for information at one of the courses and the initiation fee was 6figures.

All inclusive! All inclusive! I enjoy going to a resort and just being lazy, sitting on the beach and boozing. That to me defines relaxation.

I really like the all inclusives because you know exactly what you are spending and there are no surprises when you arrive to the resort. This make budgeting much easier. I am getting married in June and my fiance and I are working on our honeymoon and we first wanted to go to Hawaii but with all the costs associated with that we just decided to do an all inclusive in St. Lucia. It has golf so I am pumped!

Where did you stay on Mallorca? My parents have a finca and for the past 20 years we spent pretty much all the vacations there. I love mallorca because you can do so many things. Although it is notorious for being the number 1 party island for the germans.
It also doesn't hurt that there are numerous excellent golf courses on mallorca. They are expensive, though. We asked for information at one of the courses and the initiation fee was 6figures.

We went to Puerto Pollenca. It is the opposite side of the island to were the Irish (Santa Ponsa) and English (Magaluf) partiers go. Although I did go to Santa Ponsa after I had finished school with some friends for a bit of a party session! There were a few courses close to me and it was just too expensive to play, the green fees at some would have been a huge chunk of my budget. The food and drink were very reasonably priced and I didn't have a bad meal when I was there.

I really like the all inclusives because you know exactly what you are spending and there are no surprises when you arrive to the resort. This make budgeting much easier. I am getting married in June and my fiance and I are working on our honeymoon and we first wanted to go to Hawaii but with all the costs associated with that we just decided to do an all inclusive in St. Lucia. It has golf so I am pumped!

Yea, i did two island hawaii for my honeymoon and 20yrs later comming halloween day of 2013 (yes, halloween day lol) i just tinkered and looked into going back but man is it tooooo expensive!

Havent done a all inclusive before, typically because when we go places, we want to experience the location and go and eat whenever and wherever we want.

Now is we were going somewhere isolated where there arent a ton of options to eat, etc and you are eating where you are staying anyhow, than that would be different

Understabnd your view but i will say depending on the all-in resort, and you do have to be careful what and how much is offered. But alot of real good ones at good pricing that offer much food with many choices and just about whatever and whenever you want too. And dont forget you can still go out some if you want to and if the price is right you can still save dollars and also still have all the other things they offfer you. entertainment, etc...But as said it has to be the right choice of resort that makes it all worth it. Not dicatating to you but just sharing some opinion

My wife and I usually go the all inclusive route, but I spend a lot of time researching and finding the best price. Like previous posters the price being already set is nice, especially if you want to walk around the resort and not worry about carrying your wallet or cash. I did read a few articles that you could save some money by not doing the all inclusive, but for me the ease was not worth the 100 bucks.

My wife and I usually go the all inclusive route, but I spend a lot of time researching and finding the best price. Like previous posters the price being already set is nice, especially if you want to walk around the resort and not worry about carrying your wallet or cash. I did read a few articles that you could save some money by not doing the all inclusive, but for me the ease was not worth the 100 bucks.

yea, me too. i'm a big research before bokking guy. i want to know exactly what they offer and how often, limited meals or not is important, how many restaraunts, what the entertainment and activities are like, etc, etc... When i do finally decide then what becomes most important to me more than anything is if the place is CLEAN! I cannot deal with dirty places. Old is one thing which i dont prefer but can tolorate but dirty is something else.

I could not vote. Benefits of either are high. With exclusive you can manage your costs and stick to diets more easily and still do the things that you most enjoy. However the all-inclusive gives you "free" opportunities to try new things and activities that you might never pay for on your own.

At this stage of my life I am not so adventurous so I'd go exclusive, I guess, but also not so sure; there are things I might still be willing to try if they ae included.

I could not vote. Benefits of either are high. With exclusive you can manage your costs and stick to diets more easily and still do the things that you most enjoy. However the all-inclusive gives you "free" opportunities to try new things and activities that you might never pay for on your own.

At this stage of my life I am not so adventurous so I'd go exclusive, I guess, but also not so sure; there are things I might still be willing to try if they ae included.

dont have to be adventurous to go all-in at all. thats part the beauty of it. You can do everything or do nothing at all. If the right choice resort it will offer both types surroundings at the same time that are very happeneing as well as very tranquil. Its up to you how you chose to enjoy it. Both options can be there for the taking and the other available if you decide to change it.

I would honestly rather show up and do whatever than have to worry about each and every purchase!

I didn't vote as we have done both - I would say it depends on where we are going as to what we will do

We are off to Spain in a couple of weeks for a break which is a self-catering apartment and the complex has a good choice of places to eat but we are going for a week away from everything to just relax and chill-out - there is a golf course within walking distance of the apartment but I don't know if I will play, I certainly won't be taking my clubs on the off chance as it would more than likely work out cheaper to hire a set than to cart them over (and much safer for my clubs as well)

In 2011 we went to Jamaica for 10 days and did the Sandals all inclusive which was excellent, so I wouldn't say I have a preference to one or the other, but with the all-inclusive at least you don't have to worry about the food and drink bill at the end of the night/holiday

The last five yrs.Cosmel,Cancun,Playa del carmen,Rivera maya all were all incul. and were great in there own way but the last trip we stood in customs for 3 hrs. before getting to the resort the weather was soso and just did not enjoy it as much as we did in the past oh well maybe in a few yrs. Both me and my wife decided next trip we probably be AZ. i have been there 3 times before and loved it so i would like for the wife to see it now that way we rent a car and come and go on our time which seems to work out good for us...

I would honestly rather show up and do whatever than have to worry about each and every purchase!
+1 I like knowing that when I get there ive spent my money and now all I have to do is just enjoy it. If I have to pay as I go I may get conservative and although may not spend the money worrying that something better may come up.

The last five yrs.Cosmel,Cancun,Playa del carmen,Rivera maya all were all incul. and were great in there own way but the last trip we stood in customs for 3 hrs. before getting to the resort the weather was soso and just did not enjoy it as much as we did in the past oh well maybe in a few yrs. Both me and my wife decided next trip we probably be AZ. i have been there 3 times before and loved it so i would like for the wife to see it now that way we rent a car and come and go on our time which seems to work out good for us...

Been to cancun and also Cabo and both beatiful in thier own way. The mexican all inclusives do a great job espec with entertainment and activities if ya chose to do such. But I unfortunately have an issue going back due to the danger factors. Its gotten too risky to take the chance that nothing will happen. This is also why you can do mexico fairly cheaper than other places too. Too many just wont go there anymore for the same reasons. I also like to venture out a couple times and just too much to worry. Its a shame because it is really nice and affordable reletively speaking and alot places to go/see/do outside the resorts. They have taken a beating in tourism because of such. its a shame.

yea, me too. i'm a big research before bokking guy. i want to know exactly what they offer and how often, limited meals or not is important, how many restaraunts, what the entertainment and activities are like, etc, etc... When i do finally decide then what becomes most important to me more than anything is if the place is CLEAN! I cannot deal with dirty places. Old is one thing which i dont prefer but can tolorate but dirty is something else.

Agree the past few trips seemed like the planning part was the most fun i to research for weeks.Then this last trip was a little disappointed when we arrived ...

+1 I like knowing that when I get there ive spent my money and now all I have to do is just enjoy it. If I have to pay as I go I may get conservative and although may not spend the money worrying that something better may come up.

Exactly. And then you don't have as much fun.

Siri speaks for me!

As far as saftey yeah the drugs and shootings is a concern but that seems to stay to the north Mexico city and surrounding towns but they try to keep it out of the tourist towns because that is where there money is . Last feb. we went to playa del carmen for a night and walked up and down the streets with no issues and felt completely safe now back alleys maybe another story..

I've never actually been on an all inclusive, but I can see the appeal (and am actually looking for one for March break if I can find one cheap enough...seeing Montreal to DR for 2200 total which seems good so far). I'd prefer exclusive if can afford (what we did on our honeymoon to Maui), but if the whole idea is to sit on a beach most of the time, all inclusive seems the way to go. My wife needs the R&R of just sitting on a beach (first year-kinda- teaching full time, and her class is not good), so looking that way atm, but I prefer to be doing things all the time so when we go on vacation normally we're moving around a lot (golfing/hiking/museums/etc) so all inclusives don't make sense.

The wife and I did our first All Inclusive vacation to Cancun last year. Wow, did we have a great time!
No worries about overspending or carrying a bunch of cash.
Can't wait to go back !

Back