Go back to high school?

• Yes

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Only if I also got paid to go

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters
I'd go back, but I think a 41 year old fat guy student roaming the halls would seem terribly out of place...

I would go back in a heart beat and do thing different. Golf instead of football on the top of my list. I'd also actually like apply myself in the classroom.

I love the life I live right now, but I'm always curious to see what things would have been like if I had it my way and didn't play football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a guy showed up with a time machine set for high school and tried to get me to jump in I'd strangle him with my bare hands.

No. Way. Ever.

HS with its games, social cliques, acne, and general angst is not anything I want to repeat ever.

I loved HS - got to hang out with friends, played organized sports, and see your friends everyday...

Also, alot of my HS friends I still am in contact with and we do a dinner once every other month to keep in touch...

This thread makes me think of this scene from friends!

Absolutely not!

Not a chance

Never went in the first place. So sure, I'd take a crack at it.

I got a facebook message today from an old friend organizing our 10 year high school reunion, and I remarked to my wife how wrong everybody was who said "high school is the best time of your life". My wife disagreed, said she would go back to high school in a heartbeat. No worries, no stress, just go to school and then hang out with friends. I couldn't disagree more, you couldn't pay me to go back.

So What do you guys think would you go back if you could?

Not a chance in hell would I go back, now is by far the best time of my life. Would I like 30 years of my life back, yes that would be cool but would I give up my wife, daughters, career accomplishments and security, no freakin way.

I've went to one reunion and will never go to another, my 20th. It was equal parts pathetic, sad, enlightening and scary. The phrase "there but by the grace of God go I" came to mind over and over again.

I started school early and was a late bloomer for puberty. So being a 14-year old, 4'-9", hairless 10th grader isn't something I want to repeat...

I went to three different high schools, so I was the new kid twice. I think I was 25 or 26 when my mom found out about getting in fights. She grew up in a small town and didn't get it. If I can go back knowing what I know now as far as just doing the stupid busy work and playing the game, I might.

I got a facebook message today from an old friend organizing our 10 year high school reunion, and I remarked to my wife how wrong everybody was who said "high school is the best time of your life". My wife disagreed, said she would go back to high school in a heartbeat. No worries, no stress, just go to school and then hang out with friends. I couldn't disagree more, you couldn't pay me to go back.

So What do you guys think would you go back if you could?

my wife loved high school. she was in all the clubs, she had tons of friends, went out every night on the weekend, just was uber involved. still a good girl (at least that's what she tells me), but really enjoyed the social life. she dragged me her to her 10-year reunion.

i didn't like high school at all, but not because people were mean or anything. i just didn't like it. and i don't keep up with any of those people, so i wasn't interested in going to my reunion. i don't have any ill will toward any of them, and when i hear about people finding success or getting married or whatever, i think that's great.

so my wife would probably say that high school was one of the best times of her life, but i don't necessarily feel that way about my experience. not bad, but if that's as good as it gets then please excuse me while i go cry in the corner.

I made a lot of mistakes in high school, like a lot of them. That's the only thing I would do differently in my life but I still wouldn't go back. I have my 10 year reunion aswell this year, Ill go to that but I'm still trying to run as far from as fast as possible from my highschool self.

I loved high school - my best friends from HS are still guys and girls I keep in touch with now! Hell, I had dinner with two buddies in CA last weekend!
I hated college. With a passion. Worse now then it was when I was there. Would not trade the experience, but should have been smarter when deciding on where to go to college.

Sometimes I think a rewind in time would be nice but no thanks. What would really be nice would be to rewind my golf game a few years to when breaking 70 was like breaking 80 is now.

Edit: Funny that this came up, I've been working our our 50th HS class reunion just this evening.

Last edited:
I enjoyed high school but I wouldn't go back, now the 4-5 years after high school before I go married....Hell yes! I'm just glad everyone didn't have cell phone cameras back then.

HS was a good time, but why would I ever want to be 17 again? Life became far more exciting after college. I'd happily be 22 again.

Back