Question For Those That Attend THP Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question For Those That Attend THP Events

Never mind.

Honestly brother, this is one of those topics that gets a bit of smear for some reason. And let it be known that the first Grandaddy had no idea it was about equipment. And I'm not sure I've ever seen till today that this is more focused on equipment than the entire experience. It's business I know, but it's a bit saddening. Because people long for the personal experience far more than equipment, anyone can buy equipment, but that experience is literally priceless.

I dont disagree Kevin, and if the sole goal was equipment we wouldnt do it. We have ever events like that. The Grandaddy of em all is all encompassing and our Super Bowl. Its not just another event. With that said, if we tie this back to the original post, it kind of fits. Callaway doesnt host this event with us so that people use something for a weekend and then move on to the next company. We both know that. They do this to create a bond and do it incredibly well. The same reason for Legacy and others.

Its not a THPers job to determine ROI. Nor have we ever asked it. Although to give you an example, the Wilson Event this year will have review ties to it, being a prerelease type of gear. However an equipment company doing an incredible event centered around equipment (see the entire first day of the event), is going to want people learning and talking about the gear.

I'll say it:

I want in the Grandaddy for the brand new set of bada$$ awesome equipment.

I also want to help take down the #zoocrew.

I'll PM my info for my spot :angel:

JB, you may run this forum but you don't get to tell people what to think. TO YOU it is all about the equipment. Perfectly fine if that is how you view it. But I have had the opportunity to have in-depth conversations with multiple members of multiple granddaddy teams. Not one of them have talked about the equipment. They all talked about the experience.

So you can rest assured that when I do try and get into the granddaddy,, I will be aware that the equipment is part of it. It will not be the main reason I am wanting to go. Nothing you or anyone else says will change my opinion on that. I also know that I'm not alone in that thought process. And if that for some reason cost me a spot and I never get to participate in it, so be it.

I had a response to this...But at this point, I am closing this thread. Thank you to the people that had a civilized conversation. To the above, all I can say is its not worth me responding to this. That is how so far off and so wrong you are in this scenario. I have NEVER done anything of the sort.

But then again, what the **** do I know as the guy that plans every one of these and then takes in the feedback from both the people and the companies. On that note, I am signing off for a while. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back